Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    You are suddenly unable to defend your life or property? No one has come near the idea of "rewriting the Constitution".
    Pretty sure limiting the ability to own decent weapons contradicts the right to bear arms "shall not be infringed". That's like banning swearing because you find it rude and saying it doesn't violate free speech.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock, CM10, AOKP

Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    A Glock which holds 17 9mm rounds vs an AR which holds 30 .223 rounds. I'd say the Ar15 is still significantly more powerful.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
    Let's put it to a test. AR-15 vs. Glock 17

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    First of all, you can buy high capacity magazines for handguns, so wrong on that point.

Secondly, a 50 caliber handgun will have a higher impact, so wrong on that point.

3rd assault rifles don't have a higher fps speed than many handguns, so wrong on that point.

4th, the military uses assault weapons because they are efficient at pumping out rounds accurately on automatic, all "assault weapons" sold to the public are semi-auto. So wrong on that as well.

Anything else, or have you just utterly failed? Pray, do tell me.

1. 30 round magazines?

Nope.

2. AR-15s are more powerful than half of handguns. So, debatable.

3. Can you bump fire a handgun like an AR-15? Didn't think so.

4. Actually holding down a trigger on fully automatic makes the rifle less accurate due to recoil.

Any other inaccuracies we can clear up while we're on the topic?

"Weapons analyst"? What is that? Is that like a financial analyst? Is that even a real title, or something else you made up in your fantasies? Lol.

A weapons analyst is just what is sounds like. A professional gun analyst, usually working for the police.

BTW, way to deflect the actual question again, you're officially on a deflection spree.

A weapons analyst is just what is sounds like. A professional gun analyst, usually working for the police.

BTW, way to deflect the actual question again, you're officially on a deflection spree.

Lol ok, when you have the analysis of a ballistics expert from the FBI, you let me know.

*edit* I'm on a "deflection spree" eh? LOL. Nice choice of words there

1. 30 round magazines?

Nope.

4. Actually holding down a trigger on fully automatic makes the rifle less accurate due to recoil.

1. Yes, there are 33 round magazines for hanguns.

2. So when you say that AR-15s are more powerful than half of the available handguns, you're also saying half of the available handguns are more powerful than the AR-15. Wow, you really suck at this.

3. A hair trigger handgun will allow you fire faster handgun than any stock assault rifle.

4. You're implying that semi auto fire is more accurate than auto fire, which means you're implying semi-auto handguns are just as accurate. You're also implying that it matters how accurate a auto weapon is when you're pumping out hundreds of rounds per minutes.

Any other innacuracies we can clear up while we're on this topic? Probably not, you seem to just really want to show us how many times a person can be wrong in a single thread. It's clear from reading your posts you don't know a thing about firearms. Maybe you should read up before you decide they should be banned.

Ok, I see what you're saying. You're saying an assault rifle is more powerful than a handgun because of automatic fire. I see your point, but I'd have to say there are other factors that make it more powerful as well.
    That wasn't the only point. I've tried giving you and Crackberrytraitor the benefit of the doubt, but it's become evident that you two are willfully trying to skew and mislead the debate by referencing assault rifles. They are not part of any gun control debate currently, they are illegal for any regular Joe Blow to own, and their capability to do harm is much greater than anything up for debate in the current one on assault weapons .

As such, pretty much any of your arguments for gun control are fatally flawed (no pun intended), and invalid at this point.

1. Yes, there are 33 round magazines for hanguns.

2. So when you say that AR-15s are more powerful than half of the available handguns, you're also saying half of the available handguns are more powerful than the AR-15. Wow, you really suck at this.

3. A hair trigger handgun will allow you fire faster handgun than any stock assault rifle.

4. You're implying that semi auto fire is more accurate than auto fire, which means you're implying semi-auto handguns are just as accurate. You're also implying that it matters how accurate a auto weapon is when you're pumping out hundreds of rounds per minutes.

Any other innacuracies we can clear up while we're on this topic? Probably not, you seem to just really want to show us how many times a person can be wrong in a single thread. It's clear from reading your posts you don't know a thing about firearms. Maybe you should read up before you decide they should be banned.

Sigh.

Ok, let me correct you... once again.

You like to cherry pick the most irrelevant and exceptional examples to back up your arguments. Fine.

1. In a 2009 study a researcher for the NRA estimated that there were approximately 1.6 million AR-15 style assault rifles available in the United States. Show me a handgun commonly available for sale with a 33 round clip, and then show me it has just *ten* percent of the number of AR-15s available, and I'll vow not to respond anymore to this thread. In the meantime, you want to talk about real, common weapons? That's the AR-15, my misguided friend.

2. Yes, you can read what I said? Excellent. AR-15 ammo is more powerful than about half of commonly used ammo (9mm & .22)

3. And a hair trigger in a rifle will allow you to fire faster than a stock trigger in a handgun. Like I said, totally irrelevant point.

4. Yes, semi automatic or 3 round burst fire is more accurate than fully automatic fire.

Is there even a point to this discussion anymore? I feel like we are going in circles.

Source:

Let's just remember to stay relaxed, guys. Gun control is a hot issue for sure, but let's make sure we don't start calling out individuals over their opinions. You guys are talking about physical "hair triggers," while I see a couple figurative ones within the last two pages or so.

And droidmyme, that's a good question.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Such as? Because every weapons analyst would disagree.

They are only going to believe experts of their own........ like........Joe Biden!

droidmyme likes this.

1. 30 round magazines?

Nope.

Since you're hung up on 30 rd mags, there are handguns out there that take up to 50rd mags.

When you bump fire a rifle, you lose your accuracy. Yes you can bump fire certain pistols, I have done it.

By 1992, 250,000 Glock 17's were sold in the US. This and 3 other 9mm variants will shoot using a 33rd mag.

I'm still looking for current figures but this meets your 10% criteria.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Pretty sure limiting the ability to own decent weapons contradicts the right to bear arms "shall not be infringed". That's like banning swearing because you find it rude and saying it doesn't violate free speech.
    How's your online purchase of RPGs coming along?

When it can be demonstrated [and it cannot be demonstrated without recreating US history from scratch] that the federal and State governments do not have the authority to determine which weapons are isolated to military/police use and which are intended for common civilian use, you may have an argument. Until then, not so much. The federal and State governments also have it within their authority to correct themselves when/if they err. That is exactly what is taking place now.

These are the facts and they are unpleasant.
    Last edited by carolinadroid; 02-27-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

The contractual value of their picket against <laugh> "anti-2nd amendment States" must be absolutely enormous.

Between empty lots, PO Boxes, @Yahoo email addresses, stripmalls, and headquarters like those below, I doubt that NYState's (or anyone else's) police forces are especially concerned about this paper-tiger $tunt.

Home of Huntertown Arms:

Home of Controlled Chaos Arms:

Home of Old Grouch's Military Surplus:
    Last edited by carolinadroid; 02-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    By 1992, 250,000 Glock 17's were sold in the US. This and 3 other 9mm variants will shoot using a 33rd mag.

I'm still looking for current figures but this meets your 10% criteria.
    I see your point, Markster1.

You say the Glock 17 will fire with a 33 round magazine. And the AR-15 "will fire" a 100 round magazine. Note the SureFire Mag5-100: .

I'm sure we can debate hypotheticals all day long sir. But back on topic, the issue is that stricter gun control laws in NY would ban assault style rifles and limit readily available magazine capacity to 7 rounds.

I think that limiting the number of rounds in a magazine and making 33 and 100 round magazines illegal is a good idea.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The federal and State governments also have it within their authority to correct themselves when/if they err. That is exactly what is taking place now.

These are the facts and they are unpleasant.
    This discussion is about whether they are correcting an error or not. That's a matter of opinion, which makes it not factual by nature.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    5,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I think we should consider moving away from controlling and further restricting what semi-automatic weapons civilians can buy. We already did a great job of banning fully automatic weapons and they are very rarely used in the types of crimes that the media is currently crying about. Perhaps we could even stand to loosen some of the current restrictions, however I would be absolutely 100000% in favor of MUCH harsher penalties for people that break laws using a weapon (illegal knife (due to blade length, spring mechanisms, whatever), gun, sword, anthrax, whatever). 1st offense +15 years and $200,000 fine and automatically counts as an additional felony. 2nd offense, whoops, 3 strikes see ya bye. That way we're penalizing criminals and not law abiding citizens. I realize this doesn't stop massacres, but that's because it's currently not illegal to be mentally ill until you act out.
    Thanked by:
    Nate456 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    This discussion is about whether they are correcting an error or not. That's a matter of opinion, which makes it not factual by nature.
    I thought this thread was about the mirage of 44 laughable companies refusing to do business with police forces for which they have no contracts ... all because their States are anti-2nd amendment and all. LOL!
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I thought this thread was about the mirage of 44 laughable companies refusing to do business with police forces for which they have no contracts ... all because their States are anti-2nd amendment and all. LOL!
    Well like quite a few other threads in this section it has evolved into something else entirely.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

And all the arguing is basically pointless. Even our commander and thief has realized an outright ban is not going to happen, that's why his gun control fantasy is being split into separate bills so at least a little bit of his sorry hopes and dreams of a utopian gun free world have a chance for passage.
    For a government that can never reach mutual agreement on anything it speaks volumes that both parties agree a ban is nothing but a tragedy exploiting gun grabbers wet dream and isn't going to happen. So it looks like their is truth in the statement that our government corrects it errors. They are correcting a President and his delusional cronies who want to spit at the second amendment by saying we won't be a part of you and your unconstitutional ways.
    So this time next year we will all still have our guns and and the dreamers will still be trying to figure out how to circumvent the constitution.

These are the facts no matter how Unpleasant and inconvenient they may be to those with paper tiger hopes.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

1. In a 2009 study a researcher for the NRA estimated that there were approximately 1.6 million AR-15 style assault rifles available in the United States. Show me a handgun commonly available for sale with a 33 round clip, and then show me it has just *ten* percent of the number of AR-15s available, and I'll vow not to respond anymore to this thread. In the meantime, you want to talk about real, common weapons? That's the AR-15, my misguided friend.
    I showed you the glock 17

They said obamacare would never pass and then the Supreme Court would reverse it and then a new president would repeal. 3 for 3. Anything could happen.......
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    And all the arguing is basically pointless.
    The rest of your post makes your above statement appear a bit ironic.

I was simply voicing my view of the outcome of the proposed new gun laws. Unless two people become involved in my statement and they disagree it's not really an argument is it?

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    5,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    They said obamacare would never pass and then the Supreme Court would reverse it and then a new president would repeal. 3 for 3. Anything could happen.......
    Not sure who "they" are, but yes, they're foolish to make those claims. In the political climate at the time of the vote, passing was pretty close to inevitable in some form or another. The Supreme Court was always expected to uphold it, but not in the way that they did. Any new president, assuming there was a challenger to come anywhere close to the electoral votes to contest the office, would be 100% powerless to repeal the law. They could gut it with executive orders, but then we'd have to listen to the whining about executive orders that we hear today. Repealing the law requires Congressional cooperation. Whoever "they" is comprised of, "they" should be ignored at best or at worst, bet against them in the future.

The other major difference is that, in my estimation, approximately less than 1% of Americans support banning and/or confiscating all firearms, whereas numbers going into the healthcare conversation indicated 76% of Americans supported some form of improvement to healthcare law. Similar to today, over 80% of people support improving weapon legislation and enforcement, but banning and confiscation are supported by approximately no one.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast