Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree873Likes

Default Re: Why is it that most anti gun people...

Quote Originally Posted by asanatheist View Post
    Playing with words, in a bad way.
    Apparently you need to be explained, since you are being quite bias and are still putting words in my mouth.

"And if you really need a gun to protect yourself, why exactly are you so stupidly irresponsible to let your family live or put your family in a dangerous place"

What I am saying is:
    If person A finds situation B dangerous (in terms of high risk: keep in mind I said HIGH risk), and person A continually exposes himself to harmful situation B. So Person A now has to carry an Object A which is also just as dangerous as situation B.
    Does it really solve the problem? No. You are merely bandaging a situation and avoiding the real problem. Why expose yourself repeatedly?

Thanks for the stats I will check them out later, and see what sources they are using.
    I cannot speak for anyone else here, but personally I do not repeatedly put myself or my family in dangerous situations. I carry a weapon because ANY situation can turn dangerous despite the precautions you might take.

What I'm not going to do is get into an argument with you about putting words into your mouth or attacking someones character. All that would do is get this thread closed and I for one do not want to see that happen.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    ... because ANY situation can turn dangerous...
    As you very well know.

I'm really surprised at people that still don't realize this. People always think that breaking-news happens somewhere else.

The complacent and comfortably numb have it so easy.

Thanked by:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Found this online, it pertains to the discussion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is it that most anti gun people...-uploadfromtaptalk1377196317191.jpg  
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    Live2ride883 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    As you very well know.

I'm really surprised at people that still don't realize this. People always think that breaking-news happens somewhere else.

The complacent and comfortably numb have it so easy.

In the 70's we had the opportunity to buy a row house (townhouse) in Baltimore City for $1.00. My husband is a carpenter and he would have rehabbed the house and we could have made a nice profit. The stipulation was, you had to live in the house for at least 5 years. We had a 2 year old child at the time. I said NO! The area was not safe and I don't care how much money we could have made, it wasn't worth the risk to my husband or our family to live there. The houses are going for 200,000+, does it bother me? Nope. We live comfortably in the boonies with a long driveway and no one steps on our property unless invited.

Risk mitigated.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    In the 70's we had the opportunity to buy a row house (townhouse) in Baltimore City for $1.00. My husband is a carpenter and he would have rehabbed the house and we could have made a nice profit. The stipulation was, you had to live in the house for at least 5 years. We had a 2 year old child at the time. I said NO! The area was not safe and I don't care how much money we could have made, it wasn't worth the risk to my husband or our family to live there. The houses are going for 200,000+, does it bother me? Nope. We live comfortably in the boonies with a long driveway and no one steps on our property unless invited.

Risk mitigated.

Sent via Note II
    Your risk there might've been mitigated.

But -
    Surely you've been to the movies.
    Surely you've been to school.
    Surely you've been to the mall.

Aurora (movie theater, low risk, we go to movies all the time, complacency loses)

Various shopping malls around the country, and even in Canada (low risk, who hasn't been to a shopping mall? Complacency loses again)

Jonesboro, Arkansas (School, complacency loses again)
    Columbine (School, complacency loses again)
    Sandy Hook (ELEMENTARY school, extremely low risk, who would slaughter innocent little school children? Complacency loses again)

The list goes on and on and on....

Risk: Unabated

And with the media glorifying these tragedies-

Risk: Elevated

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I agree, to a point.

I don't go to movie theaters, and I haven't been to the Mall since around 1999.

No, you can't mitigate all risks, but the ones you can, you'd be crazy not to.

Because, in truth, if it's your time, it's your time. And nothing is going to mitigate that.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    I agree, to a point.
    PM sent

Thanked by:

I cannot speak for anyone else here, but personally I do not repeatedly put myself or my family in dangerous situations. I carry a weapon because ANY situation can turn dangerous despite the precautions you might take.

What I'm not going to do is get into an argument with you about putting words into your mouth or attacking someones character. All that would do is get this thread closed and I for one do not want to see that happen.
    I don't want to get into an argument either, and please ignore the you's in this post. This is the way I speak, and if I had more time I would properly write this. Think of you as ANYONE. Not you personally.
    I think you said it yourself quite clearly.

Any situation can turn dangerous, that includes you using your firearm to kill someone innocent. What is more dangerous an angry upset man with a loaded gun. Or an angry man with a fist? What exact guarantee can you give me that you won't ever point that gun to someone who has offended you or kill someone when NOT defending yourself?

Honestly I don't think many of you guys have been in truly a terrifying situation. Yes I've have been a victim of gun related crimes, had friends, and family who have been victims of crimes as well, and also have about 2 dozen relatives currently living in drug war territories in Mexico. They STILL refuse to carry firearms. They are aware of the risk, but they are also aware guns are to kill people and why would you want to kill people when what you are trying to stop is people killing people?

I know danger perfectly well, it's experience being the one with a gun pointed at me, knowing friends who were killed over gang related shootings, etc that I DO believe guns should be further controlled. Not abolished, but definitely have tighter gun control laws. Some of us can move on with life after being victims, we do not cower we do NOT let these things affect our quality of life.
    Lastly I think it's cowardly to carry a gun because dangerous situations can happen "at any time", you are giving in to fear over reason, in my opinion. Those that choose not to carry while actively understanding the dangerous of everyday life and refusing to let emotions lead our actions are far braver than anyone who thinks carrying is the responsible thing to do. People have to make a stand, and say no to violence even if violence is committed unto them.

Now tell me, are you infallible? Could you really say with certainty that you would not use that gun to kill someone without good reason? Can you prove that?
    Thanked by:
    Fairclough likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

PM sent

PM received and responded.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

I don't want to get into an argument either, and please ignore the you's in this post. This is the way I speak, and if I had more time I would properly write this. Think of you as ANYONE. Not you personally.
    I think you said it yourself quite clearly.

Any situation can turn dangerous, that includes you using your firearm to kill someone innocent. What is more dangerous an angry upset man with a loaded gun. Or an angry man with a fist? What exact guarantee can you give me that you won't ever point that gun to someone who has offended you or kill someone when NOT defending yourself?

Honestly I don't think many of you guys have been in truly a terrifying situation. Yes I've have been a victim of gun related crimes, had friends, and family who have been victims of crimes as well, and also have about 2 dozen relatives currently living in drug war territories in Mexico. They STILL refuse to carry firearms. They are aware of the risk, but they are also aware guns are to kill people and why would you want to kill people when what you are trying to stop is people killing people?

I know danger perfectly well, it's experience being the one with a gun pointed at me, knowing friends who were killed over gang related shootings, etc that I DO believe guns should be further controlled. Not abolished, but definitely have tighter gun control laws. Some of us can move on with life after being victims, we do not cower we do NOT let these things affect our quality of life.
    Lastly I think it's cowardly to carry a gun because dangerous situations can happen "at any time", you are giving in to fear over reason, in my opinion. Those that choose not to carry while actively understanding the dangerous of everyday life and refusing to let emotions lead our actions are far braver than anyone who thinks carrying is the responsible thing to do. People have to make a stand, and say no to violence even if violence is committed unto them.

Now tell me, are you infallible? Could you really say with certainty that you would not use that gun to kill someone without good reason? Can you prove that?

Speaking only for myself, I have open and concealed carry a firearm for all of my adult life with the exception of my time while on duty in the Navy. I was mugged at gun point in Virginia and was shot in the head by the criminal, so yes I have been in dangerous situations. I have also lost very good friends to gun violence, if you Google the name in my Sig line you'll see that he was one of the victims of James Holmes at the theater in Aurora, CO. Matt and I were actually texting while my son and I were in line at the theater here and him and his g/f were getting ready to leave. My last text to him was just before the movie started.
    ------------------------

I'll respond to the rest later when I have more time...
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Your risk there might've been mitigated.

But -
    Surely you've been to the movies.
    Surely you've been to school.
    Surely you've been to the mall.

Aurora (movie theater, low risk, we go to movies all the time, complacency loses)

Various shopping malls around the country, and even in Canada (low risk, who hasn't been to a shopping mall? Complacency loses again)

Jonesboro, Arkansas (School, complacency loses again)
    Columbine (School, complacency loses again)
    Sandy Hook (ELEMENTARY school, extremely low risk, who would slaughter innocent little school children? Complacency loses again)

The list goes on and on and on....

Risk: Unabated

And with the media glorifying these tragedies-

Risk: Elevated

These were also "gun free zones", the theater in Aurora was the only one in the area that was a gun free zone. The others allowed conceal carry.

Global Posts
    5,719 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

So if you know fire burns you after you experience it once, you will stick your back in? For what reason? Are you obligated to stop touching fire? No, you really are not but if you must insist go ahead this is a free country.
    Lastly obligated is a rather weak word to use but go ahead and use it, you are obligated to monger up drama and shock jock.
    So all non criminals should flee all of the cities? Why not expel the criminals instead?

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    So all non criminals should flee all of the cities? Why not expel the criminals instead?
    I think we should put them on row boats in the Bermuda Triangle.

jdbii likes this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

I think we should start cutting off hands for stealing and if you murder someone, you will be put to death.....quickly
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    I think we should start cutting off hands for stealing and if you murder someone, you will be put to death.....quickly
    No, NOT quickly.
    In the same way they killed.

Quickly would be an easy way out for them.

Kill them quickly only in the sense that they wouldn't be leeching off our tax dollars for years and years.

Maybe we could use a capital punishment thread

Banned

I wonder.

Would these cowardly idiots kill like they do if they knew they would suffer the same way they imposed on others?

Banned

Please hold...

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    If only in a perfect world.
    Banned

Done.

Global Posts
    5,719 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Capital Punishment ?

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Feel free to laugh at this, but this thread has two views. Excuse the metaphor.
    Ones who view you can stop global warming by releasing more co2 into the atmosphere (so eventually its destroys the atmosphere than to release more to create a new atmosphere, allowing global ocean convener belts to start again by warming it again by trapping radiation in.) or the ones who want to stop pouring Co2 into the Air to stop global warming and to reverse co2 emissions.

Hint: co2 is code for guns
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is it that most anti gun people...-co2.png  
    Last edited by Fairclough; 08-23-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Feel free to laugh at this, but this thread has two views. Excuse the metaphor.
    Ones who view you can stop global warming by releasing more co2 into the atmosphere (so eventually its destroys the atmosphere than to release more it thinks it, allowing global ocean convener belts to start again by warming it again by trapping radiation in.) or the ones who want to stop pouring Co2 into the Air to stop global warming and to reverse co2 emissions.

Hint: co2 is code for guns
    Hint, guns aren't the problem

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Hint, guns aren't the problem

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The gun that went off in a child's back pack yesterday when it hit the floor in a classroom wasn't the problem either.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    Fairclough and jdbii like this.

If guns aren't the problem why massacres occur please inform me what is?
    Last time I checked there is a bloody good correlation coefficient between guns and gun homicides. I also checked that, since a gun restriction 16 years ago we have had 0 Massacres, were in that same time frame prior we had 102 dead from massacres.

What was the change in that time gap, please tell me if it wasn't guns what stopped it? Was it off shore processing for asylum seekers? was it global warming... oh wait I got a good answers it could of been an temporary ban on cattle exports in 2012. I think that was it
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood and jdbii like this.
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast