Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree344Likes

Global Posts
    5,713 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: You're now President of the United States

Quote Originally Posted by matt0715 View Post
    I did a search and while some probably do, many don't and if they do they probably don't pay all the taxes they should be paying. But, thanks for pointing out that flaw, I always like learning from my mistakes.

Posted via Android Central App
    The people that are working "under the table" only pay sales tax, property tax, etc. Those that work using false information pay all of their payroll taxes, (FICA, Federal State and Social Security, etc) and receive none of the benefits from Social Security, Medicare, etc. and, despite being almost assuredly in the income bracket that normally receives a tax refund, will receive nothing back at the end of the year. In that way they are paying more in taxes than legal workers of similar income stature and, in benefits, receive little to nothing back that which is common to people in their bracket.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Let's see, you don't want healthcare because you're 25 and healthy, right?

Then you're in an accident, your bill for ER, surgery, a week in the hospital, then rehab and Physical therapy, easy $50,000+, more likely closer to $100,000. Now who is going to pay that bill on a Starbucks salary (or your choice of employer that doesn't offer healthcare)?

Those of us with healthcare will end up paying that bill. The Right is all about personal responsibilities, but yet deny that not having healthcare isn't a problem. I spent one night in the hospital, ONE NIGHT, and the bill was $10,000. Healthcare costs are ridiculous because of all the people who DON'T have healthcare because they don't think they'll ever need it and then show up at the ER when they're hurt or sick.

If you don't like Obamacare, then tell your Republican representatives in Congress to come up with a better idea. And one that doesn't include vouchers, either.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    5,713 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I wonder why, "what would you do to improve the world", boils down to, "here's what I hate about the status quo", instead of ideas for positive growth. It's basically like being asked, "what do you want for dinner?" and answering, "I hate chicken".

The entire list of problems in the world, or nation if that's all you choose to focus on, from poverty, malnutrition, fear mongering, war mongering, abuses towards minorities, abuses towards women, corporate exploitation of workers, debt slavery, crumbling infrastructure, an insanely inept education system, etc. etc. and the only things we can think of are, "well, screw that guy!" or whatever the media, owned by the people causing most of the issues that I just listed, tells you to care about today? I guess that we did a fair job at listing some of the irrational hatred issues and perhaps touched on some economic ones... but I feel like we misunderstood the question and/or failed to utilize any of your resources to prioritize areas of opportunity and create a meaningful strategy to overcome the muck that is being complained about.

It is either incredibly hilarious or scary, perhaps both to watch how many people will blame or defend the actions or words of a puppet, never considering the hand making it's arms and mouth move nor assigning any blame to those that hired the puppet, painted it, etc. Absurd.

Thanked by 3:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I wonder why, "what would you do to improve the world", boils down to, "here's what I hate about the status quo", instead of ideas for positive growth. It's basically like being asked, "what do you want for dinner?" and answering, "I hate chicken".

The entire list of problems in the world, or nation if that's all you choose to focus on, from poverty, malnutrition, fear mongering, war mongering, abuses towards minorities, abuses towards women, corporate exploitation of workers, debt slavery, crumbling infrastructure, an insanely inept education system, etc. etc. and the only things we can think of are, "well, screw that guy!" or whatever the media, owned by the people causing most of the issues that I just listed, tells you to care about today? I guess that we did a fair job at listing some of the irrational hatred issues and perhaps touched on some economic ones... but I feel like we misunderstood the question and/or failed to utilize any of your resources to prioritize areas of opportunity and create a meaningful strategy to overcome the muck that is being complained about.

It is either incredibly hilarious or scary, perhaps both to watch how many people will blame or defend the actions or words of a puppet, never considering the hand making it's arms and mouth move nor assigning any blame to those that hired the puppet, painted it, etc. Absurd.
    Well said... As always

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    msndrstood likes this.

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

I would have no problem with obamacare if it didn't force you to buy it or penaltys would occur. Also, I think it costs way to much, but that's for Obama to figure out, not me. If he wants it passed, there are changes that need to be made.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I would have no problem with obamacare if it didn't force you to buy it or penaltys would occur. Also, I think it costs way to much, but that's for Obama to figure out, not me. If he wants it passed, there are changes that need to be made.

It's been passed. In 2010.

It's law and upheld by the Supreme Court.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

I guarantee you it won't happen.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

States may pass laws to try to hold it at bay, like Ohio did. But in the end, federal law supersedes state law, so their efforts are futile.

Until it is repealed by congress, it will happen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Are you sure you know how laws work?

Parts of it have already been implemented.

We've received our second annual check from United Health Care for not spending 80% of our premiums on direct care. Thank you ACA!

I can no longer be turned down for healthcare or be charged more for my pre existing conditions.

I can no longer be dropped because I submitted a claim.

Oh, yeah. It's happening.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Fairclough and jdbii like this.

Wasn't the affordable health care act passed years ago?

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    Sent from my S3

Global Posts
    5,713 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post

✌
    Slightly over 3 years ago. 11 of the 20 or so enactment milestones have passed, the next one is October 1st 2013 which is when individuals are supposed to be able to enroll in subsidized health insurance plans offered by state-based exchanges. The next one after that is when pre-existing conditions disappear on Jan 1 2014, mandatory coverage goes into effect and Medicaid eligibility is expanded in most states, although (last I heard, I'm not paying attention though, this number could be different) 15-20 states are not participating in Medicaid expansion.

Thanked by:
    nolittdroid likes this.

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Slightly over 3 years ago. 11 of the 20 or so enactment milestones have passed, the next one is October 1st 2013 which is when individuals are supposed to be able to enroll in subsidized health insurance plans offered by state-based exchanges. The next one after that is when pre-existing conditions disappear on Jan 1 2014, mandatory coverage goes into effect and Medicaid eligibility is expanded in most states, although (last I heard, I'm not paying attention though, this number could be different) 15-20 states are not participating in Medicaid expansion.
    The mandatory coverage was what I was mainly talking about since that is the most debatable part. I really don't think it will be put into action, but if it does, the economy is gonna get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    States may pass laws to try to hold it at bay, like Ohio did. But in the end, federal law supersedes state law, so their efforts are futile.

Until it is repealed by congress, it will happen.

Federal law does not always supercede state laws. If a law is unconstitutional, or not granted within the boundaries of the constitution, the federal does not supercede.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

George's exchange rates are expected to increase rates buy 198%. It was already scary enough to me seeing the negative impact is going to have on the job market. Now Congress are in the midst of passing legislation that will allow them to be excluded from Obamacare. What does that tell you?

Global Posts
    5,713 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    George's exchange rates are expected to increase rates buy 198%. It was already scary enough to me seeing the negative impact is going to have on the job market. Now Congress are in the midst of passing legislation that will allow them to be excluded from Obamacare. What does that tell you?

That's strange, because they're already on an insurance plan that is free to them... already having insurance, they're by default exempt from many of the provisions.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    Federal law does not always supercede state laws. If a law is unconstitutional, or not granted within the boundaries of the constitution, the federal does not supercede.

It does here because the supreme court has already upheld it.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    Thanked by:
    Fairclough likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    Lol, yes. March 2010.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    nolittdroid likes this.

I'm not American....but why are you guys trying to get rid of something that its trying to HELP you!!!!!!

I would be ashamed if I had the states health care, bloody hell. When I've had a cracked scull, a large wire through my foot, cropped off finger tip x2, unable to walk probably due to deep internal bruising I got my checkup - most part free! Yeah there is wait if you don't have a serious issue. I just called my doctor up and he just allowed for a straight meeting and if he doesn't have time sometimes he does it during his personal time.

The most I have probably been is $50 out of pocket for ultrascans, x rays etc on bad shoulder blade and calcium clot - which was suspected to be a torn tendon as I had restricted movement for weeks.

I hear if I went to the states this would be hundreds if not thousands. Be glad that someone up in office is trying to look after the lower end of the community. Its in your best interest they live. They can be your customers, they could fund your retirement, pay tax which you could claim back when your sick etc. Be happy its there for when you do need it touch wood.

Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    Thanked by 2:
    msndrstood and jdbii like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    I'm not American....but why are you guys trying to get rid of something that its trying to HELP you!!!!!!

I would be ashamed if I had the states health care, bloody hell. When I've had a cracked scull, a large wire through my foot, cropped off finger tip x2, unable to walk probably due to deep internal bruising I got my checkup - most part free! Yeah there is wait if you don't have a serious issue. I just called my doctor up and he just allowed for a straight meeting and if he doesn't have time sometimes he does it during his personal time.

The most I have probably been is $50 out of pocket for ultrascans, x rays etc on bad shoulder blade and calcium clot - which was suspected to be a torn tendon as I had restricted movement for weeks.

I hear if I went to the states this would be hundreds if not thousands. Be glad that someone up in office is trying to look after the lower end of the community. Its in your best interest they live. They can be your customers, they could fund your retirement, pay tax which you could claim back when your sick etc. Be happy its there for when you do need it touch wood.

Excellent post!

You are wise beyond your years.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post

You're not an American, so obviously you don't understand our problems. This obamacare bill will raise our deficit significantly, obamacare costs MORE than what most people pay now, you have cancer? Guess what, the GOVERNMENT gets to choose whether you get treatment or not and what treatment that is. The doctors have no say in the decision. Overall, it is a violation of the American Constitution which you clearly don't understand. Okay, sure, this bill gets everyone covered, but it just does not work that way in America.

And also, America already has to take ER patients even if they can't pay for it. So that part of your claim is completely invalid.

Last edited by matt0715; 08-04-2013 at 12:45 PM.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

You're not an American, so obviously you don't understand our problems. This obamacare bill will raise our deficit significantly, obamacare costs MORE than what most people pay now, you have cancer? Guess what, the GOVERNMENT gets to choose whether you get treatment or not and what treatment that is. The doctors have no say in the decision. Overall, it is a violation of the American Constitution which you clearly don't understand. Okay, sure, this bill gets everyone covered, but it just does not work that way in America.

And also, America already has to take ER patients even if they can't pay for it. So that part of your claim is completely invalid.

You are misinformed. The doctor and the patient make the health decisions.

Well, except in Texas. In Texas, the HOSPITAL makes the decision whether to resuscitate you as a patient or not, not you, not your family. And the best part? They don't have to let you or your family know what their decision is. That's not the government, that's Corporate America.

And you're worried about Obamacare? Please, it's the law makers in the individual states that you should be worried about.

Don't believe it?

Here you go...

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    Fairclough likes this.

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    You are misinformed. The doctor and the patient make the health decisions.

Well, except in Texas. In Texas, the HOSPITAL makes the decision whether to resuscitate you as a patient or not, not you, not your family. And the best part? They don't have to let you or your family know what their decision is. That's not the government, that's Corporate America.

And you're worried about Obamacare? Please, it's the law makers in the individual states that you should be worried about.

Don't believe it?

Here you go...

Sent via Note II
    Yeah your wrong. Please read number 2 at this link (it even includes the page number it appears on in the bill).

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

These points could have been made with a little less hostility.

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    These points could have been made with a little less hostility.
    Politics without hostility? Nahhh. But really, I'm not being hostile, just showing my side.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Politics without hostility? Nahhh. But really, I'm not being hostile, just showing my side.

Can you "show your side" without being so blunt? It can easily be misread as hostility.
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast