Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Capital Punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Simone was a typo before, it was meant to be someone. Under Australian law, the minimum sentence for murder is 20 years without parole, so 15 is very unlikely unless he broke out. The murder of a minor minimum sentence is 25 years. Meaning the person would nearly be 50 when their released. So theoretically I think a young girl could defend that.

Now let's get started with my reply, first and foremost the family would be angry. Now I would explain that he underwent at least 20 years of therapy, with an attendance of education most would view his on path, which would indicate he reasonable success, I would presume he would of still been doing his check ups which would justify why he would in the public. So I would explain its a rare relapse which occurred. I would much prefer a gaol sentence and the risk of relapse from rehabilitation (20+ years of!) Than to put multiple people falsely to sleep.

Posted via Android Central App
    You may want to look into the recidivism rates for Australia, here's a couple of links.

Here's a quote from the last link: "ATSISJC has noted that a 'significant factor among the Indigenous female prisoner population is the high rate of recidivism', with data indicating that 76 percent of all Indigenous prisoners had been previously imprisoned (ATSISJC 2002: 140)."

Here is some recidivism data for the US:

What I found to be particularly interesting is this information in the bullet points,

Within 3 years, 2.5% of released rapists were arrested for another rape, and 1.2% of those who had served time for homicide were arrested for homicide.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Mmm for some odd reason my reply didn't submit so I will type it again.

1. If the form was rejected for lying how would they get the gun for this scenario to happen .
    2. I would first apologise for their loss. Than proceed to apologise for the 2nd amendment, being used as an excuse of a right to bear arms. I would apologise for the lack of gun control.
    3. Your value of life is about 50 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Honestly I'm not to concerned with the humane way to put these animals down. A bullet to the head is about as much as I wanna spend, now in rape cases etc. I'd have to come up with a slow and painful way to send them on their way....
    You than proceeded to say it didn't matter if it was a miscarriage because most the time it would be right.

Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

One thing that applies here that may not apply there is the fact that.Our courts do not generally entertain claims of innocence once the defendant is dead.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    So 50 cents is about the price you value life.
    I would first and foremost tell the family they have my sympathy for their difficult time. Secondly I would apologise for the 2nd amendment allowing way too many guns in a nation, I would than preceded to explain if he or she would need assistance lobbying parliament to make gun legislation tougher I would.

But the fact is those 77,000 didn't get a gun. The person who killed would of not been even found to lie till after as the form would of been cleared hence them getting the gun. Hence why I didn't answer the question and states that.

50 cents is the value I place on the life of a murderer, ******, etc....

The life of an innocent victim is priceless...

But if he was wrongfully killed, thats 50 cents you've valued their life.
    We had a almost a terrible miss justice, a few men - were lucky to get out of the death penalty for murdering apparently their partners. A man called Eric Edgar Cooke, had murdered them, 8 in total and 14 attempts before getting caught. He did these murders with a rifle, raped multiple women, he told his lawyers not to appeal as he deserved him sentence. To be fair we still had hanging than, 10 minutes before the hanging. Cooke swore on the Bible that he had killed Jillian Brewer and Rosemary Anderson, claims which had been previously rejected as others had already been convicted of those murders. Now if these men were unlucky enough to get death penalty, they wouldn't free men today. They would be dead men.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like when I quote on a phone it posts in the original thread -_-

Capital Punishment-meboys.jpg
    This is Darryl Beamish, Estelle Blackburn and John Button at the Supreme Court following Beamish's exoneration on 1 April 2005 (44 years after his conviction). Button was exonerated on 25 February 2002, 39 years after his conviction.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12