Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    When you would rather leave it to be stolen in your car than leave it home for a trip outside, it is a sign of fear in my opinion.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    What's to stop someone from stealing it from my home when I am out running errands?

And once again you are acting like I am just leaving it laying on my front seat, with the windows down and doors unlocked for anyone to steal. When it is locked in a secured vehicle gun safe. That is hidden from view in my truck.
    If I am on my bike it is also locked in a secured vehicle gun safe that is hidden from view.

At least post it accurately.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

This really needs to go without saying because everybody should know it but. ....

Laws are for the law abiding........punishment is for those that disregard the law.

But the real question is, how do you regulate those that have no regard for the law or the punishment? It doesn't matter the crime be it murder or theft or rape.

These are the real depraved individuals that our system of government CANNOT control and the Adam Lanza case falls into that category.

There are forces at work here manipulating the situation to effect their own agenda and if you give them the inch, they'll take the mile.

I have no answers except say for one, the further this country drifts away from the morals and principals it was founded on (In GOD We Trust) for one, it's only going to get worse.

If we all loved each other as we loved ourselves, it surely would be a better place!
    Thanked by:

Why can't we all get along?
    Last edited by Markster1; 01-25-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Their fears find a much more comforting home in imaginary, conceptual diversions. Critical, pragmatic thinking is asking too much.
    Plan for the worst and pray for the best.

That's just called being prepared.
    Live2ride883 likes this.

No one is taking your guns away. Congress and the President want to restructure how available high-powered, high-round assault rifles are to the general public.

If a shotgun isn't enough to defend you and your family, you must be anticipating some kind of gang or army.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Can you point me to any source for someone illegally entering a home armed with a 30 round magazine and using it to spray a house? Home invaders are usually there for the goods, not to murder. It's when things escalate that murders happen during home invasions.
    So if they are there for goods, why do the shoot homeowners and hunt down moms and children in the crawl space like in Georgia a couple weeks ago?

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

No one is taking your guns away. Congress and the President want to restructure how available high-powered, high-round assault rifles are to the general public.<br />
    <br />
    If a shotgun isn't enough to defend you and your family, you must be anticipating some kind of gang or army.
    hahaha..love these people that assume something they know nothing about.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    No one is taking your guns away. Congress and the President want to restructure how available high-powered, high-round assault rifles are to the general public.

Assault weapons encompass a vast array of shotguns and handguns so in essence yes they are. Also how are those rifles high powered the shoot .223 rounds the only thing high powered would be if your dropping 5.56 NATO rounds which tumble in the body so again why not restrict the ammo why the rifle itself.

Sent from my refrigerator

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Assault weapons encompass a vast array of shotguns and handguns so in essence yes they are. Also how are those rifles high powered the shoot .223 rounds the only thing high powered would be if your dropping 5.56 NATO rounds which tumble in the body so again why not restrict the ammo why the rifle itself.

Sorry, don't restrict my ammo, I want each bullet to be a kill bullet if I have to protect myself or family. I'm done with these criminals.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    if you give them the inch, they'll take the mile.
    Thanks for the admission that no one else on the extremist side is willing to state. There is NO room for sober consideration of level-headed moderation of those firearms produced in this country which are subsequently used in murder/homicide. It matters not to those wrapping themselves in the flag that their "conservative" heroes led the way to the assault weapons ban of 1994. The NRA, and it's selective agenda, inconsistent with the Constitution, owns today's GOP.

Acting as if all firearms are, or ever will be, under scrutiny is an irrational, paranoid, politically-based delusion.

Show me proof the ban from 94 to 04 worked.

Show me it stopped people from going and killing other people.

I don't know what will work but I know that didn't.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Show me it stopped people from going and killing other people.

I don't know what will work but I know that didn't.
    You're asking for proof that the ban worked and not putting forward your own proof about the ban, but you know that it didn't work. I guess you omitted your proof?
    nolittdroid likes this.

You're asking for proof that the ban worked and not putting forward your own proof about the ban, but you know that it didn't work. I guess you omitted your proof?
    Why would weapons be grandfathered in if they were such a problem? Actually government studies showed very few "assault weapons" were involved in crimes.

Also the fact that a COSMETIC change can make a gun an assault weapon, should tell people something. The rise in these crimes happened after the federal gun free zone.

What do people not understand about criminals breaking the law? If they are going to murder, gun bans don't mean saw squat to them.

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post

Actually Sent Dianne Fienstien(sp) has introduced an assault weapons ban that would stop the sale and production of several of the so called assault weapons, this ban would include the magazines that in her opinion hold an excessive number of rounds. Unfortunately this ban would affect many of my own weapons, if I wanted to leave them to my sons in my will I would not be able to do so. If I had a financial hardship and needed to sell some things for cash then this ban would prevent that from happening.

The ban would also force me to register each of my weapons, as well as the serial number and my fingerprints into a database. This ban also includes several handguns as well that she is classifying as being military style weapons.

Registration is one small step away from confiscation.

I want to make one thing perfectly clear, none of my weapons are assault weapons. They are defense weapons only.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

DOJ (Department of Justice) files

DOJ Study Fails to Show 1994 Assault Weapons Ban Worked

For anyone that thinks the government would never turn against us let's not forget about the image below. After you look at it ask yourself is the government more capable now than it was then, or is it more capable?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-19226_430816626986822_96034917_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-25-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Kelly Kearns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Actually Sent Dianne Fienstien(sp) has introduced an assault weapons ban that would stop the sale and production of several of the so called assault weapons, this ban would include the magazines that in her opinion hold an excessive number of rounds. Unfortunately this ban would affect many of my own weapons, if I wanted to leave them to my sons in my will I would not be able to do so. If I had a financial hardship and needed to sell some things for cash then this ban would prevent that from happening.

The ban would also force me to register each of my weapons, as well as the serial number and my fingerprints into a database. This ban also includes several handguns as well that she is classifying as being military style weapons.

Registration is one small step away from confiscation.

I want to make one thing perfectly clear, none of my weapons are assault weapons. They are defense weapons only.
    I will NEVER register my guns, no matter the law..

Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Define "worked" in a responsibly adult, specific manner.

smh

Live2ride883 likes this.

Here is a short YouTube video on gun control from a victims perspective, from Dr. Susan Gratia

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Here is a short YouTube video on gun control from a victims perspective, from Dr. Susan Gratia

That moved me her words hit me like a brick wall.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    smh
    I have a perfectly appropriate response, but the forum censor doesn't want to display it. Oh well.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I will NEVER register my guns, no matter the law..
    Criminals deserve what they get. Welcome to a civil society.

Criminals deserve what they get. Welcome to a civil society.
    Not following an unconstitutional law does not make him a criminal. It makes him/her a PATRIOT.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-25-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Kelly Kearns likes this.

You'd make a good politician because instead of actually fixing a problem you want to debate terminology.

Politics=delay the issue by debating it for so long until it no longer is relevant.

Ridiculous
Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast