Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 185 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Still waiting on my "hate" quotes.

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

If you want facts, I suggest you start with DC v Heller and read the SCOTUS opinion.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Still waiting on my "hate" quotes.
    Just letting them compile. This may take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Just letting them compile. This may take a while.
    Nope, I haven't even posted on this thread much, get to it or get off it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

If you want facts, I suggest you start with DC v Heller and read the SCOTUS opinion.
    If it had any bearing on the 2013 assault weapons ban, I might. It does not, however.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Nope, I haven't even posted on this thread much, get to it or get off it.
    Seriously. I have no reason to be concerned about you. In any sense.

If it had any bearing on the 2013 assault weapons ban, I might. It does not, however.
    HAHAHAHAH, it has every bearing on that, which is likely to be turned over by the SCOTUS.

Seriously. I have no reason to be concerned about you. In any sense.
    Don't make statements about a person and then refuse to back them up, adults don't do that.

Also, that answers the question, you fibbed, got called out and can't back it up....shocking.

Also,obviously you are concerned with me, you continue to engage me.

Those facts don't fit the agenda
    Are you referring to agenda 21? ( )
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Possible 28th Amendment to The Constitution

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

In your comments please state if you would support his amendment, or not and why.

Also how do you perceive this affecting current laws that apply to citizens and not Congressmen and Representatives such as "obamacare. I do not have the actual name of the law at hand.

Please keep all comments respectful, and follow the rules of the forum. There is no need to be rude to fellow board members.
    -----------------------------

I think that in spirit this amendment fits with the intentions of the founding fathers in the respect that all men are created equal, and that all men are equal under the eyes of the law. The fact that congress has the ability to even pass laws that fit into this situation sparks of a noble class that passes laws that only apply to the commoners, like they are above us.

Effective immediately, for any laws that are currently on the books congress can vote to either apply said law to themselves in it's entirety or it can be repealed in it's entirety.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
    Synycalwon likes this.

Earlier in this thread someone asked what laws are not being enforced. Here is an excerpt from an interview that partially answers that question. While I have chosen just a small section of this interview to make my point I encourage everyone to click the link and read it in it's entirety.

During the National Rifle Associations meeting with Vice President Joe Biden and the White House gun violence task force, the vice president said the Obama administration does not have the time to fully enforce existing gun laws.

Jim Baker, the NRA representative present at the meeting, recalled the vice presidents words during an interview with The Daily Caller: And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply dont have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.

Submitting false information on an ATF Form 4473 required for the necessary background check to obtain a firearm is a felony punishable by up to ten years in prison, depending on prior convictions and a judges discretion, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Read more: VP: We 'don't have the time' to charge background check lies | The Daily Caller

I'm just going to call it what it is, a duck!
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Earlier in this thread someone asked what laws are not being enforced. Here is an excerpt from an interview that partially answers that question. While I have chosen just a small section of this interview to make my point I encourage everyone to click the link and read it in it's entirety.
    What I asked was which specific laws are not being enforced which, if they had been enforced, would have resulted in no deaths in tragedies, such as Sandy Hook. Answer the question which was asked. Your rightwing blog doesn't qualify.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    No longer manufactured hahaha son how will the military get them if they aren't. Also have you thought about the manufacturing across the globe :rolleyes:
    Who said military contractors would discontinue production? To be specific, manufacturing for public consumption will end. Or are you charging that the US military is in the practice of illegal weapons trafficking?

Guns dont kill people.

All this will do is replaxe school shootings with school stabbings

Sent from my SGH-T889

Clear and concise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-320916_278945495566460_1604091553_n.jpg  

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

snip
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, and not such merely as one used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed or broken in upon, in the smallest degree . . . ." Id. at 251 (emphasis in original). - Nunn v. State, 1 Ga. 243 (1846)

You believe you have the absolute right, yet you only focus on guns. "Arms" went much much further according to original context Constitutional scholars. Why aren't you stock-piling grenades and landmines? Why aren't you busy tracking down those originally responsible for infringing your holy right? Didn't the NRA inform you who those people are?

morality
    /məˈralətē/
    Noun
    Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
    Behavior as it is affected by the observation of these principles.
    Synonyms
    moral - morals - ethics - virtue

But not all of us have this character built in or perhaps some where along the way it go turned off, I certainly cannot cannot explain it. But I can define it.

psychopath
    /ˈsīkəˌpaTH/
    Noun
    A person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.
    Synonyms
    psyco

I have heard or read that there are over 2000 gun laws in the US, I am not aware of each and every one of them nor do I have the training or education to interpret each one for a valid answer to the question.

However it is my opinion that if all the gun laws that we already have did not stop a madman like Adam Lanza then further restricting the gun laws will have little to no benefit unless it is the goal of such legislation to further curtail the rights of law abiding citizens. I do not need any laws to tell me it is wrong to kill someone, or to steal from them etc. Nor do I need a set of laws defining my right to defend myself or my family from those that would do us harm.

I have struggled in this thread to keep from stepping too far across the line that is acceptable social behavior, in most ways I believe I have succeeded and admittedly I continue with that struggle. Yet I see others based on their posts that have no struggle, honestly I have no desire to sink to that level. But one does have to wonder how much of their humanity for the lack of a better word that people have to sacrifice to be able to lash out at another human being with such careless disregard?

If you apply both definitions to Adam Lanza, you will find that he was without morality, and was indeed a psychopath.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-26-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Fortunately for the sake of society, you do not have the right to respect the rule of law in one context, while simultaneously giving it the finger in another. That is exactly what you are doing, consciously or unconsciously, within the past several propaganda threads you've either created of become involved in. Hiding behind a rule of law (albeit, an uninformed one on your part) regarding the impeachment of a sitting president while playing wild-west cowboy disregarding the law in another matter.

The constitution is not religious text to be worshiped. It is the imperfect framework from which our nation of laws exists. Either respect it as it is or have the dignity to disregard it in whole. Cherry-picking which of our highest values to respect is insulting to any informed person.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Fortunately for the sake of society, you do not have the right to respect the rule of law in one context, while simultaneously giving it the finger in another. That is exactly what you are doing, consciously or unconsciously, within the past several propaganda threads you've either created of become involved in. Hiding behind a rule of law (albeit, an uninformed one on your part) regarding the impeachment of a sitting president while playing wild-west cowboy disregarding the law in another matter.

The constitution is not religious text to be worshiped. It is the imperfect framework from which our nation of laws exists. Either respect it as it is or have the dignity to disregard it in whole. Cherry-picking which of our highest values to respect is insulting to any informed person.
    Have you ever broken a law? Any law whether you were caught or not. I can agree with some laws and totally disregard others as long as I'm willing to accept the consequences of my actions. Many great people had to break the law to change it.

Sent from my refrigerator

The Constitution is what affirms my right to bear arms, it affirms my right to defend myself, my family. Any law that goes against the Constitution is illegal and it is not only my right, but it is my duty not to follow it. Look up Unconstitutional.

Carolinadroid:
    Above you posted a quote from me that just said "snip" I would like to know where you quoted that from. Repeatedly you have taken my posts apart and used them out of context, or in an attack of some form or another.

In the future I must insist that if you are going to quote me you use the entire post that you are quoting.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Have you ever broken a law? Any law whether you were caught or not. I can agree with some laws and totally disregard others as long as I'm willing to accept the consequences of my actions. Many great people had to break the law to change it.
    Where 20th century America is concerned, please provide specific examples of civil laws (not company rules, etc) which were broken in the name of the greater good. If you cannot cite the text of the law and intelligently explain how the action(s) of a person or persons were illegal, you are probably conflating the breaking of laws with exercising universal rights under the law. A distinction with a difference.

Sent from my refrigerator
    Imagine what our country would be if our founding fathers had obeyed the law issued by King George that stated they must turn in their muskets.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

The Constitution is what affirms my right to bear arms, it affirms my right to defend myself, my family. Any law that goes against the Constitution is illegal and it is not only my right, but it is my duty not to follow it. Look up Unconstitutional.
    You and those who may agree with you do not have any bearing for determining what is, or is not, unconstitutional. That is why we have the judicial process.

Carolinadroid:
    Above you posted a quote from me that just said "snip" I would like to know where you quoted that from. Repeatedly you have taken my posts apart and used them out of context, or in an attack of some form or another.

In the future I must insist that if you are going to quote me you use the entire post that you are quoting.
    Where propaganda in your posts are concerned, I don't exactly feel compelled to regurgitate it within my response. Furthermore, you have a long record of skirting questions for which you are unprepared. Yet, you demand others not avoid your questions. Find some consistency, please.

I admit that several of these do apply to me, yet overall I found this video to be entertaining. Especially the part about finding brass in the laundry..

For entertainment purposes only:

Here is a well thought out article from 2 women explaining why they have chosen an AR-15 for home defense. At its heart and overall I think this will answer a lot of the questions about why an AR-15 is desirable for protection.

Now personally, I own several of these weapons and they are among the easiest to shoot.

Here is a video of a young girl shooting an AR-15.

Page 14 of 185 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast