Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 154 of 185 FirstFirst ... 151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4617
Like Tree2067Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

Default Re: Why is it that most anti gun people...

Take guns away, people can still make make shift guns. You can actually make one out of air port supplies.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    That could be related to social factors e.g. trends already in play as its exclusive to the theus.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    Yeah I'm sure it has nothing to do with being worried about the person you are trying to rob having a gun.

Ask any criminal and they will tell you they are all for gun control. All it does is disarm the innocent.

Just like gun free zones which are an absolute joke, they are an invitation to criminals not a deterrent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    qxr 
    Live2ride883 likes this.

I believe a very slim margin as our other crime rates are almost identical to America's for robbery etc and continued their norm trend per capita. The difference is your teen murder rates is 82x higher. Which shows their is a problem. Secondly the legislation not only rededicated the massacres, youth suicide decreased.

So I think statistically speaking it hasn't increased crime.

I mention it as it was on of the last massacres we had. Remember we haven't had one for about 16 years.

As for defence of women, sure men have a muscular advantage but does not mean they cannot defend them selves. At schoolies last week my girlfriend whose 50kg (about 120pouunds) dropped 3 male men about the age of 17/18 for trying to touch her boobs in the zones. That's just an example size and gender doesn't always play a card in self defence. Personally bit embarrassing for those guys.

I would argue that the teen murder rate has more to do with the eroding family structure in this country then the guns themselves. I would also argue that our society as a whole as failed entirely in it's civic duty to promote high moral character and a respect for one another. Starts at home and then snowballs from there. The entertainment business has accelerated this erosion.
    Thanked by:
    qxr 
    Banned

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    I would argue that the teen murder rate has more to do with the eroding family structure in this country then the guns themselves. I would also argue that our society as a whole as failed entirely in it's civic duty to promote high moral character and a respect for one another. Starts at home and then snowballs from there. The entertainment business has accelerated this erosion.
    You can thank 16&prego and Jersey boar

Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post

Exactly, there was a time when if a high school girl got pregnant she would be ashamed, hide it at all costs, the family would be beside themselves. Now we give them their own show on MTV.
    Thanked by:
    qxr 
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post

I hate that last show!
    qxr

Well its a whole national level without gun control compared to a while national level with. I don't think a few states with gun control will make it 82x more teenage murders than a country with gun control all over.I think the whole nation would be a factor your saying 1 state with gun control is 4100x more likely to have teenage murders than a country with gun control. Your logic is seriously stuffed.

Cities have the gun control states can limit cc and make permits a pain in the rear asset but a state cannot override our constitution.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    When's the last time you've seen a boycott work?
    Probably the time Rush Limbaugh had to apologize to Sandra Fluke. Many advertisers pulled out after Limbaugh made several negative comments on Fluke's testimony in Congress. I think if the advertisers didn't pull out, Limbaugh wouldn't have apologized at all. This obviously is not related to firearms (which is why I'm not going into too much detail about the Limbaugh-Fluke controversy), but I bring it up to give an example of a boycott that worked.

With respect to mass shootings, some people claim that the media puts the spotlight on the shooters and makes them famous. Such coverage gives the impression that shooting up a place and killing innocent people is a great way to go down in history in a blaze of glory.

I think people can boycott the advertisers and send a strong message to the media that making cold-blooded killers famous is wrong.

Right. I doubt many would.

Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Default Re: Additional Constitutional Rights

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak715 View Post
    WBC is hardly a church. Their main purpose isn't to spread a message or hate. Sometimes even their messages conflict. They are there to elicit a reaction.
    They certainly do elicit a reaction. I actually read a transcript of a gaming website interviewing Shirley Phelps-Roper, one of the leaders of the Westboro Baptist Church:

GamesRadar vs. Shirley Phelps-Roper

The interviewer wanted to ask Phelps-Roper on her view on video games, such as Call of Duty, BioShock, and Mass Effect. Of course, she kept talking about how she was looking forward to the Apocalypse and how America is a doomed nation headed for destruction. However, she did give out interesting tidbits of information. For example, 80% of the congregation is related by blood, and Phelps-Roper has 11 children herself. Oh, her family also owns a Nintendo Wii.

Default Re: Additional Constitutional Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    I actually read a transcript of a gaming website interviewing Shirley Phelps-Roper <snip> 80% of the congregation is related by blood, and Phelps-Roper has 11 children herself.
    So, the congregation is really into itself then, huh?

Sorry, I couldn't resist that. My bad.

What I meant to say is that the WBC isn't so much a family tree, but a family bush.
    gamefreak715 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

Our news media is laughable

Thanked by:
    qxr 

Default A thread closed before I gave my answer about flintlocks

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Way I see it we'd have to organize militias again to justify the right to bear arms and I believe that we should do so. Each citizen, non felon, non crazy, non dangerous all by judicial decree may bear arms and belong to state militias (way it was done historically}; each citizen would then by order governors and state legislatures spend a month each summer drilled and taught proper gun use and safety by the national guard. They would also be subject to calls for hunts for lost children, other persons, and also mobilize during emergencies. Service to state and community the Constitution obligation required of gun owners:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State...
    It's more obligation than just right. Some states may require it of non pacifists.

As for due to social family break downs being the cause of US teen murder rates per capita being 82x higher than Australia I doubt that's the cause.

Our teens don't have access to guns which will take a life in a second. That's provably the difference.

Tom Fairclough

ROM
    Viper

As for due to social family break downs being the cause of US teen murder rates per capita being 82x higher than Australia I doubt that's the cause.

Our teens don't have access to guns which will take a life in a second. That's provably the difference.

Which it if teens were in homes with responsible parents they would not either. They would also not ever think of using a gun.

These are Murders. Intentional killings. I would be willing to bet mostly with illegal guns. These are not accidental killings from the big bad dangerous guns. Why not find fault with whatever is causing these troubled children to kill each other? O because that would mean blaming dead beat fathers, bad parenting, drug abuse, and general irresponsibility. You know things that people don't want to think about and find fault with themselves. Hard facts. Let's blame the guns instead. Let's disarm law abiding citizens. I mean why fix the real problem when another solution is available? Who cares what that solution costs us.

Blaming societal issues on objects is taking the easy way out. With great power comes great responsibility. If you cannot handle the power than you are weak and lazy.
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
    Thanked by 3:
    Serial Fordicator likes this.

Fairclough, some people in the states listen to a guy named Alex Jones and his infoWars channel. Check out this video:

Troops Ordered To Kill All Americans Who Do Not Turn In Guns

Thanked by:
    Fairclough likes this.

So your saying that access to fire arms has nothing to do with teen murder rate? I think it does.

I did watch that video. First the reporter seems to be a bit of a butter, sure nopd did some unethical actions. Do you really believe that's how gun control is emplaced?

Tom Fairclough

Default Re: A thread closed before I gave my answer about flintlocks

I don't have guns where I live and to be honest I feel safer than if we did have guns. It removes the level of potential escalation, eliminated our massacres, enthusiasts can use them if they follow the law, reduction in teen suicide, low teen murder rates (USA is 82x higher than ours per capita), I think there is really no justification to have guns to prevent a state over throwing a government. If a state doesnt like what's occurring leave the federation.

Tom Fairclough

I think Alex Jones is just a cold and callous businessman who lives off the fear he generates in others. The more fear he puts into people, the more they shop in his inforwars store. I really don't think he believes anything he says. It's just my opinion.
    Fairclough and msndrstood like this.

ROM
    Viper

So your saying that access to fire arms has nothing to do with teen murder rate? I think it does.

I did watch that video. First the reporter seems to be a bit of a butter, sure nopd did some unethical actions. Do you really believe that's how gun control is emplaced?

I am saying that blaming teen murders on guns instead of the societal issues that cause these teens to murder is ignorant and stupid. They cannot buy guns. They can only get them illegally or through irresponsible adults. Who is really to blame here?

I don't expect someone that was never taught to respect guns to understand. They are powerful tools that can both save and destroy lives. I am sorry your society chose to give up that power instead of fixing the issues with itself directly. I am going to try and fix the bigger issues with my society instead of taking the easy way out.
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    ...I am sorry your society chose to give up that power instead of fixing the issues with itself directly. I am going to try and fix the bigger issues with my society instead of taking the easy way out....
    If it works for them, and they're happy with it, who are you to tell them that was the wrong way to fix it? and to tell them they took the easy way out?

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    If it works for them, and they're happy with it, who are you to tell them that was the wrong way to fix it?
    Who is he to tell us how to fix it?
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)

Global Posts
    8,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Have you never suggested advice you thought helpful to someone based on your experiences with a similar problem to one they have? No one is obligating anyone to follow said advise, but he's saying, "here's what we did and it worked". I'd imagine that we've all made similar statements to others at some point.

¯\_()_/¯ Community Rules & Guidelines

Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

Life is very short, and there's no time - for fussing and fighting, my friend.

What we're doing certainly isn't working is it? Maybe they don't have people preaching how bad government is? or people on the radio saying the globalist are going to fly over your house in a black helicopter and take your guns away and then put you in a FEMA labor camp?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Have you never suggested advice you thought helpful to someone based on your experiences with a similar problem to one they have? No one is obligating anyone to follow said advise, but he's saying, "here's what we did and it worked". I'd imagine that we've all made similar statements to others at some point.
    Yes as we have all also criticized the decisions others when choosing for ourselves.

I merely presented the counter option. Fix the start of the problem instead of the end+accepting the consequences.
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)