Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 17 of 185 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: US Constitution

Alex Jones isn't scary and while there are some nuggets of truths on his sites he does get carried away. There are times that he or his sites don't tell the truth and there are great exaggerations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    When you can statistically demonstrate that high-capacity magazines are necessary for the defense of one's home/family due to the theoretical claim you are making, Americans will lend an ear. Until then, not so much. The FBI should prove to be a good source for you. Go for it.
    There is nothing theoretical about the tens of millions of HC magazines that are "out in the wild".
    Thanked by:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    There is nothing theoretical about the tens of millions of HC magazines that are "out in the wild".
    And an arms race produces our best solution? A career in emergency medicine should produce lifelong security in that case.

Whether "in the wild" or not, the FBI's crime statistics don't lie.

And an arms race produces our best solution? A career in emergency medicine should produce lifelong security in that case.

Whether "in the wild" or not, the FBI's crime statistics don't lie.
    Tens of millions of HC Magazines in the public renders the "arms race" statement moot. IMO
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Tens of millions of HC Magazines in the public renders the "arms race" statement moot. IMO
    Not moot when there is a gun lobby with a bottomless pit of funding pushing for more and more 'legal' (though unwise) production and use.

Not moot when there is a gun lobby with a bottomless pit of funding pushing for more and more 'legal' (though unwise) production and use.
    This has nothing to do with the gun lobby..... its all about the math and the reality of the situation. When it comes to "production", its too late, the damage so to speak, has already been done.

We should concentrate on mental health care. How about stopping a mentally disturbed person from killing even one person with any weapon let alone a gun?

In an interview from 1995.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

This has nothing to do with the gun lobby..... its all about the math and the reality of the situation. When it comes to "production", its too late, the damage so to speak, has already been done.

We should concentrate on mental health care. How about stopping a mentally disturbed person from killing even one person with any weapon let alone a gun?
    Because that makes sense and we don't allow logic lol. Instead of focusing on the issue we can just take away our rights because we have the idiotbox generation.

Sent from my refrigerator
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

So a never-ending arms race, funded by the cowards at the NRA, is cool. Got it.

Since you invoked the "War on Drugs", how is treatment working to diminish overall illicit drug use? That's the parallel point you're trying to make here.

So a never-ending arms race, funded by the cowards at the NRA, is cool. Got it.

Since you invoked the "War on Drugs", how is treatment working to diminish overall illicit drug use? That's the parallel point you're trying to make here.
    I dont care about the NRA... Zero.... I care about the math and nothing else. There are so many HC mags out there that banding them will do nothing except give people a false sense of security.

My statement about the War on Drugs deals with the effectiveness of the DEA keeping drugs out of the country and its failure, just as a HC Magazine ban will be a failure in keeping HC Magazines out of the hands of the mentally ill and criminals.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I dont care about the NRA... Zero.... I care about the math and nothing else. There are so many HC mags out there that banding them will do nothing except give people a false sense of security.

My statement about the War on Drugs deals with the effectiveness of the DEA keeping drugs out of the country and its failure, just as a HC Magazine ban will be a failure in keeping HC Magazines out of the hands of the mentally ill and criminals.
    The NRA doesn't care about you either. However, it loves the way you think.

The difference is that we can control the production of firearms. We cannot control the production of illicit drugs. Sorry that the math of draining the swamp doesn't work for you. It works for the rest of us though.
    nolittdroid likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Dianne Feinstein Gun ban in 1995 - She wanted to Ban all guns, Force turn in - YouTube[/url]
    In an interview from 1995.
    Are you seriously that mentally incurious or just that cheap? Rather than track down the context in which Feinstein said "turn 'em all in" by reviewing the original 60 minutes interview, you regurgitate extremist lies (aka talking points). Feinstein was only referring to assault weapons as she had originally intended the '94 ban versus the watered-down version which was ultimately passed. Have you no shame?

What Assault Weapons Ban? - 60 Minutes - CBS News
    nolittdroid and Darth Spock like this.

Default What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

The difference is that we can control the production of firearms. We cannot control the production of illicit drugs. Sorry that the math of draining the swamp doesn't work for you. It works for the rest of us though.
    Great... production is totally controlled. Now I ask you, what do we do about the tens of millions of HC Magazines that already exist and are in the possession of the public?

Is it as simple as passing a law and they all just magically go away?

While I am at it, you can stop with the ad hominem references to me as I have been civil with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Great... production is totally controlled. Now I ask you, what do we do about the tens of millions of HC Magazines that already exist and are in the possession of the public?

Is it as simple as passing a law and they all just magically go away?
    If you'll recall, I have not made any such fantastical proposition.

In a civil society of laws, what choice do we have but to make and enforce the strongest laws possible to minimize the likelihood of gun violence. If we are not agreed to this principle, there is no point in going beyond this point. Is a law which can be demonstrated to have directly and effectively reduced the death toll by 5 worth it? What's the magic number? Ask the police chiefs and the families of those most effected for the real answer.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

If you'll recall, I have not made any such fantastical proposition.

In a civil society of laws, what choice do we have but to make and enforce the strongest laws possible to minimize the likelihood of gun violence. If we are not agreed to this principle, there is no point in going beyond this point. Is a law which can be demonstrated to have directly and effectively reduced the death toll by 5 worth it? What's the magic number? Ask the police chiefs and the families of those most effected for the real answer.
    By that logic again we shouldn't have access to alcohol, knives, baseball bats, any other type of gun, or cars, as getting rid of these would be just as if not more likely to save human life.

Thanked by 2:
    The Hustleman likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    By that logic again we shouldn't have access to alcohol, knives, baseball bats, any other type of gun, or cars, as getting rid of these would be just as if not more likely to save human life.
    How many times must you be challenged on this false argument when it is commonly known that firearms account for 67% of all US homicides? Please spare us the insult to common intelligence.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Default Re: Possible 28th Amendment to The Constitution

Having done some of my homework I see that the founders themselves were concerned about the congress and or government getting too far out of control like the conditions found today.. The founders never envisioned a full time congress that gets a handout of any kind, simple re-numeration and modest at that. Yes I am aware that they could not have envisioned many things that we see today, however they were clear about a too large government. The fact is that no middle class person can run for congress anyway unless they float to the top of the political stew as so much gaseous turd. Its already been gamed away from the citizens and coveted by the elitist in the parties. The parties make the rules and the rules favor the parties. You should also check into the fact that most politicians have armed guards, example Michael Bloomberg is surrounded by armed guards, Ted Kennedy also had armed guards and many, many more. Often times the weapons were fully automatic and were allowed to travel without restriction in the United States. The citizen is not provided that luxury .

The middle class person who cannot get away to play politics is always at the disadvantage and always has to play by a separate set of rules. This is my main complaint. The citizens are the bosses and they should have the same rights that the congress enjoys. Example: the Feinstein Assault Bill to be forwarded for deliberation (Ha!) excludes the congress and others in government from the bills restrictions. That story just ran. You will cling to your story and I mine. I would have appreciated it if you did not cherry pick and instead answered the full body of my complaint as a result I find you unworthy!

I'm off to richer harvests.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

How many times must you be challenged on this false argument when it is commonly known that firearms account for 67% of all US homicides? Please spare us the insult to common intelligence.

FBI Expanded Homicide Data Table 8
    Vehicular deaths not included, those involving drunk drivers not included, the breakdown of those weapons is about as clear as mud, and don't prove "assault weapons" are the problem. This also wasn't clear on how they came to those statistics were victims only innocent people or did this show deaths due to self defense as well. All of that is extremely vague and seem to fit your agenda of fear mongering perfectly.:rolleyes:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Also that same site shows a trend saying murder as a whole justifiable and otherwise has been dropping at least since 2002.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Vehicular deaths not included, those involving drunk drivers not included, the breakdown of those weapons is about as clear as mud, and don't prove "assault weapons" are the problem. This also wasn't clear on how they came to those statistics were victims only innocent people or did this show deaths due to self defense as well. All of that is extremely vague and seem to fit your agenda of fear mongering perfectly.:rolleyes:
    Is this an admission that you haven't clue-1 to the veracity of your own claim? How is alcohol used as a weapon? Should fire not be included as an instrument of death?
    Educate yourself on your own failing claims, then we can talk. I'm not playing whack-a-mole with the uninformed.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Of all gun deaths in the US in 2011...over 50% were suicides...

FBI Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Let's assume that firearms are used for the proposed 67% of homicides (not that I am unwilling to look it up, just don't have the time right now). How many of those are homicides are committed using an AR-15 type rifle?
    --------------------------------------Then there's this----------------------------

The Second Amendment refers to a well-regulated militia.The right of the people to form citizen militias was unquestioned by the Founders.
    A. The Federalist Papers, No. 28: Alexander Hamilton expressed that when a government betrays the people by amassing too much power and becoming tyrannical, the people have no choice but to exercise their original right of self-defense to fight the government.[Halbrook, p. 67]
    B. The Federalist Papers, No. 29: Alexander Hamilton explained that an armed citizenry was the best and only real defense against a standing army becoming large and oppressive. [Halbrook, p. 67]
    C. The Federalist Papers, No. 46: James Madison contended that ultimate authority resides in the people, and that if the federal government got too powerful and overstepped its authority, then the people would develop plans of resistance and resort to arms. [Halbrook, p. 67]
    D. There was no National Guard, and the Founders opposed anything but a very small national military. The phrase well-regulated means well-trained and disciplined not regulated as we understand that term in the modern sense of bureaucratic regulation. [This meaning still can be found in the unabridged Oxford English Dictionary, 2d ed. 1989, Vol 13, p. 524, and Vol 20. p. 138.]
    E. The Federalists promised that state governments and citizen militias would exist to make sure the federal military never became large or oppressive. To say that the National Guard replaces the notion of the militia runs contrary to what the Founders said and wrote.
    F. The Third Amendment: Expressly restrains the federal government from building a standing army and infiltrating it among the people ...and at the peoples expense ... in times of peace. The Third Amendment runs against the idea of a permanent standing army or federalized National Guard in principle, if not by its words.

Thanks for the video link, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are going to come after them. Look at what's happening in NYC right now. They say pot, etc is a gateway drug. Well IMO this is a gateway law and I fully believe it is unconstitutional.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-29-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

You can't control the production of guns. At least half of the guns are made overseas and imported into the country. Please correct your statement.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    You can't control the production of guns. At least half of the guns are made overseas and imported into the country. Please correct your statement.
    2 things. First, back up your claim with an apolitical original source. Secondly, a ban on the importation of illicit weapons reduces the volume to a trickle.
    nolittdroid likes this.

Taye Diggs caught a burglar in his garage yesterday.... He tackled the guy down the street.

So contrary to popular belief not all thieves are armed with semi auto AR-15s like you guys are desperate to believe.

via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    Sent from my S3
Page 17 of 185 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast