Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 185 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Thanks for the video link, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are going to come after them. Look at what's happening in NYC right now. They say pot, etc is a gateway drug. Well IMO this is a gateway law and I fully believe it is unconstitutional.

I tried to load http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8 but I keep getting a page cannot be displayed error.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Thanks for the video link, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are going to come after them.
    Your irrationally unfounded, fear-and-loathing-based supposition is duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Secondly, a ban on the importation of illicit weapons reduces the volume to a trickle.
    Sure.... Look how it's worked on the ban of the importation of illicit drugs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Sure.... Look how it's worked on the importation of illicit drugs.
    Sure. The attitude the NRA has worked $o hard to achieve.

DHS, in conjunction with port authorities, local police forces, and FBI/ATF may have a little something to say about the importation of illicit firearms into the US

What's the magic number, again, that makes the juice worth the squeeze?

Sure. The attitude the NRA has worked $o hard to achieve.

DHS, in conjunction with port authorities, local police forces, and FBI/ATF may have a little something to say about the importation of illicit firearms into the US

What's the magic number, again, that makes the juice worth the squeeze?
    It's not an attitude.... it's a fact. Regardless of your opinion or the NRA's.

The money wasted on the enforcement of an unenforceable law, would be better spent on mental health care. With the ending result of more lives being saved.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    ConTejas likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    Of all gun deaths in the US in 2011...over 50% were suicides...
    Cite your source. FBI does not conflate the terms "murder" and "suicide" as you are. The rate of murder/homicide of another person by firearm (67% of total murders/homicides) is as the FBI reports.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    The money wasted on the enforcement of an unenforceable law, would be better spent on mental health care. With the ending result of more lives being saved.
    Whose study of the US population and criminal tendencies produced such an auspicious outcome? Or is this just personal conjecture?

2 things. First, back up your claim with an apolitical original source. Secondly, a ban on the importation of illicit weapons reduces the volume to a trickle.
    You claimed limiting production not an import ban. You dispute my post, you look it up. I'm not you're stump thumper!

22-year-old educates Piers Morgan on guns

The video includes an example of an AR-15 being used for home DEFENSE, there have been others as well.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    You claimed limiting production not an import ban.
    The federal ban currently being considered includes an import ban.

Global Posts
    7,231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

22-year-old educates Piers Morgan on guns

The video includes an example of an AR-15 being used for home DEFENSE, there have been others as well.
    Reading the comments on this article is sickening. These are some of the most ignorant, sad-panda delusional people I've ever seen. They are truly contemplating a situation where they, using semi automatic rifles, will somehow defeat the US military. If there ever was another civil war, the rebels stand literally no chance. Sure, you can best a mugger, but legal weapons are useless against stealth bombers, tanks, missiles and drones. This fantasy has got to end before these morons act on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    nolittdroid likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

/snip/The video includes an example of an AR-15 being used for home DEFENSE, there have been others as well.
    As has been demonstrated elsewhere in this thread, only 8% of the time are firearms used to injure/kill assailants. A peashooter does enough to scare a coward into the next zip code. And you still have every right to keep and bear arms.

Global Posts
    7,231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

If sources like WND - A Free Press for a Free People and others like it are a main source of your news, and not just occasionally viewed for their comedic value and/or to feel better about your own mental health compared to the writers and commentors.... there is a problem.

Just as with the liberal publications, "facts" and "quotes" are often spun completely out of context, and done so in a way to sensationalize the publication to increase page views, which is equal to revenue. It's really easy to get a bunch of left or right wing lunatics onto one site or another and have them all feed off of each other's paranoia about what the opposing side is doing, but very little real information is being spread this way. You've got to be able to think for yourself and get away from the talking points of both sides. It's all nonsense generate just to fire people up. And while the hate-mongers of both sides believe Jesus agrees with whom they choose to hate, both are completely wrong and all are being duped by these force-fed lies. The real enemy is REAL tyranny, not each other. If you want to go after someone, go after the real fascists, the corporate and government collaborations that directly erode real freedom and generate real theft, real war and real genocide while the children of America spend all their time bickering about foolish garbage tossed at their feet by the corrupt media.

Wake up. No one is going to steal your guns, and on the other side, even if they did, it wouldn't help. Criminals will always be criminals and until we have a representative government sponsored police force that actually has our best interests at heart, it is totally reasonable for people to want to defend themselves in lieu of having storm troopers descend at the drop of every stolen Rolex. We can't spend all of our time cowering from imaginary scenarios when the real world requires our full attention if we want to fix any of this.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Reading the comments on this article is sickening. These are some of the most ignorant, sad-panda delusional people I've ever seen. They are truly contemplating a situation where they, using semi automatic rifles, will somehow defeat the US military. If there ever was another civil war, the rebels stand literally no chance. Sure, you can best a mugger, but legal weapons are useless against stealth bombers, tanks, missiles and drones. This fantasy has got to end before these morons act on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Doesn't surprise me to me honest

via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    Sent from my S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    War is a growth industry, haven't you heard? Unfortunately, I genuinely believe there are many (though a small minority) in this nation who want a Fort Sumter event to occur so the real fireworks can start in "taking back their country". Publications like WND only exist to feed the worst irrational fears among us.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

War is a growth industry, haven't you heard? Unfortunately, I genuinely believe there are many (though a small minority) in this nation who want a Fort Sumter event to occur so the real fireworks can start in "taking back their country". Publications like WND only exist to feed the worst irrational fears among us.
    Have you ever been part of a war? No then stfu because I have nobody wants that.

Sent from my refrigerator

The federal ban currently being considered includes an import ban.
    Of course it does but that's not what you said originally. You stated that production could be controlled and that's just not so. While the US is a large consumer of gun and accessories, we're not the only ones. Look what Obama just did for Mexican drug cartels..... gave them guns, that was nice of him.

Global Posts
    7,231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Have you ever been part of a war? No then stfu because I have nobody wants that.

I have; and reading the comments on the article previously linked makes me believe that the people making the comments definitely do glorify the possibility of warfare against the government, against knowledge and against their own God.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I for one hope the government never abuses their power so much that the people have to rise up against it but have you ever considered the thought of foreign attackers on our soil and how shotguns just ain't gonna cut it. I hope that never happens either but nothing is impossible.

Global Posts
    7,231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

It's like we have a major part of the country that thinks, " let's be as golly danged dumb as we can and revel in it".

As has been demonstrated elsewhere in this thread, only 8% of the time are firearms used to injure/kill assailants. A peashooter does enough to scare a coward into the next zip code. And you still have every right to keep and bear arms.
    So what about the woman in Texas I believe who fired six rounds at a criminal who had broken into her home. She hit him 5 of 6 times in the face and neck and he still kept coming.

And if that's all you got out of the video maybe you should watch it again..

Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    7,231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Approximately 0% of gun related crimes involved neither a gun nor a criminal. We can't eliminate either, and thus we should try to limit their interaction. Law abiding citizens shouldn't be negatively impacted by the correct action.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

So only those who have experienced military combat may express an opinion concerning war? And you speak for all?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    7,231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

As a potential solution I might propose much stricter background checks, closing all loopholes and then, at minimum, tripling the minimum penalty for all gun related crime, especially the unlawful sale, trade or gift, possession, etc of any firearm. Couple with better training and education for improved effect. This will not stop crazy people from hurting innocent people, but it might help reduce crimes where the criminal is trying to get away, rather than killing themselves. More effective than a van, 0% infringement on the rights of innocent law abiding citizens.

Markster1 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I can hardly blame you for being upset that chickenhawks sold America a bill of goods, based on fear and ignorance, to justify 2 full-scale hot wars (well, maybe 1.25 since Afghanistan was left in the dust as of 3/19/03) which were unpaid for ..... and far too many Americans did not demand higher standards of proof of imminent threats at the time. You paid a price which was never truly necessary and I can respect that.
Page 18 of 185 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast