Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 20 of 185 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 4617
Like Tree2067Likes
  1. #476  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    What nutcase believes turning public schools into prisons (think of the way their environment would be viewed by adolescent minds) is a progressive step in the right direction. Until handguns are removed from the public market, this stupidity will continue. Want a hunting rifle or shotgun? Fine, as long as it is registered federally, licensed by the State, and secured in a home safe. Handguns and long-barrell weapons are 2 VERY different animals in the post-Founders' world.

    Just as you have no right to an atomic cannon, there is no "absolute" right to own lethal weapons which can deliver death from a coward's distance.

    The NRA should be defined as a domestic terrorist organization.
    The NRA & Gun Owner's Of America are some of the few that fight for our Constitutional rights of the Second Amendment so we can protect our selfs. Do you think that we don't have the right to protect our families & our selfs.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry
  2. #477  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    What nutcase believes turning public schools into prisons (think of the way their environment would be viewed by adolescent minds) is a progressive step in the right direction. Until handguns are removed from the public market, this stupidity will continue. Want a hunting rifle or shotgun? Fine, as long as it is registered federally, licensed by the State, and secured in a home safe. Handguns and long-barrell weapons are 2 VERY different animals in the post-Founders' world.

    Just as you have no right to an atomic cannon, there is no "absolute" right to own lethal weapons which can deliver death from a coward's distance.

    The NRA should be defined as a domestic terrorist organization.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    The NRA & Gun Owner's Of America are some of the few that fight for our Constitutional rights of the Second Amendment so we can protect our selfs. Do you think that we don't have the right to protect our families & our selfs.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    nolittdroid likes this.
  3. #478  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    The NRA & Gun Owner's Of America are some of the few that fight for our Constitutional rights of the Second Amendment so we can protect our selfs. Do you think that we don't have the right to protect our families & our selfs.
    Asked and answered.
  4. #479  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Asked and answered.
    That's it??? Dude, I broke out my popcorn eating animated gif for you!!!
  5. #480  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    All the massed shooting have been in gun free zones & if just a few people there had conceal carry the out come would have been very different whether schools or movie theaters.
    I disagree with this on the point of the fact that who's to say any one of these gun concealed carrying teachers could one day be the exact person who harms your children? Sure this is completely possible in any scenario but I just fear with the constant amount of reported school teachers being caught for molesting and other sickening acts with children then take a chance on providing them with a gun too... That really scares me..

    I just believe there has to be better alternatives to protecting our children in school than putting a gun in any educators hand as a solution.

    Yes I'm the parent of 5 children, 4 of which are in school grades 3rd-7th.

    My opinions are completely my own on this and not related to Android Central or my position here as a moderator but as a PARENT for this I have removed my signature for this post.
    nolittdroid and Darth Spock like this.
  6. #481  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    The Second Amendment is for us to Protect our families & our selfs from harm plus from a out of control government. Our founder's new what we needed to protect our selfs from other people or from government. The founders new what a out of control government would to to people. The Constitution is just important today as it was 200 plus years ago. Guns will help the American people from being like the people Cuba or Venezuela wherw all you have is what the government will let you have. There are now reports of people in Korea eating there children because they have no food.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry
  7. #482  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    I hate to be the odds man.... but the odds are way higher that a/your child dies in a car wreck than dying in a mass school shooting.
  8. #483  
    rexxman's Avatar

    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    So sad and disrespectful.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/newt...onger-gun-laws

    Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    nolittdroid likes this.
  9. #484  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    What nutcase believes turning public schools into prisons (think of the way their environment would be viewed by adolescent minds) is a progressive step in the right direction. Until handguns are removed from the public market, this stupidity will continue. Want a hunting rifle or shotgun? Fine, as long as it is registered federally, licensed by the State, and secured in a home safe. Handguns and long-barrell weapons are 2 VERY different animals in the post-Founders' world.

    Just as you have no right to an atomic cannon, there is no "absolute" right to own lethal weapons which can deliver death from a coward's distance.

    The NRA should be defined as a domestic terrorist organization.
    The ONLY way I would give up my guns and be in favor of a gun ban is if the ban was total. Meaning no guns for me, no guns for criminals (haha like that'll ever happen), and no guns for law enforcement or military. TOTAL gun ban.
    But we know that'll never happen. The playing field could never be evened out. Until that happens, which it never will, I'm keeping my guns AND buying more.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  10. #485  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Capthowdyy View Post
    The ONLY way I would give up my guns and be in favor of a gun ban is if the ban was total. Meaning no guns for me, no guns for criminals (haha like that'll ever happen), and no guns for law enforcement or military. TOTAL gun ban.
    But we know that'll never happen. The playing field could never be evened out. Until that happens, which it never will, I'm keeping my guns AND buying more.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    No one has been asked to give up any guns..

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  11. #486  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    No one has been asked to give up any guns..

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    You obviously don't listen to Alex Jones.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  12. #487  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    No one has been asked to give up any guns..

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    And they won't be asking. .......they'll be telling, demanding.
  13. #488  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    No one has been asked to give up any guns..
    Since when did that matter to the irrational?
    nolittdroid likes this.
  14. #489  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Truth matters; talking points do not. Talking points insult the intelligence of the speaker and the audience by reducing the perception of the attention of both to a sound byte.
  15. #490  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    When and if this passes many people are going to sell theirs, report it stolen or lost and buy an unregistered weapon. Then they will have more missing guns to worry about therefore making the problem worse.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  16. #491  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    Let the teachers volunteer to carry conceal carry. There are some companies that have volunteered to train teacher's & other school personal for free. All the massed shooting have been in gun free zones & if just a few people there had conceal carry the out come would have been very different whether schools or movie theaters.


    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Schools should be gun and violence free. What kind of message does it send to kids and their parents when their teachers are carrying in 3rd grade.

    The shooting in Aurora used diversionary smoke grenades... Its easy to say now he could have been stopped but we need a trick to PREVENT stuff like this from happening.


    Fighting gun violence with more guns is like fighting teenage birth rates with abstinence only sex-ed. It doesn't work.

    All I tell from this discussion so far is that many of you seem to think at any given time some kind of gangsta is going to burgle your house with 8 of his buddies. More guns is not the answer, education and mental illness need to be addressed.

    via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    Sent from my S3
    Darth Spock likes this.
  17. #492  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    When and if this passes many people are going to sell theirs, report it stolen or lost and buy an unregistered weapon. Then they will have more missing guns to worry about therefore making the problem worse.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Lets be realistic. Any legislation that makes it through will be symbolic at best, meant to east the fears of stupid people while showing an effort.
  18. #493  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    When and if this passes many people are going to sell theirs, report it stolen or lost and buy an unregistered weapon. Then they will have more missing guns to worry about therefore making the problem worse.
    Many legal firearms owners are that morally bankrupt? This is exactly why a federal registration is necessary in the big, bad real world of the 21st century.
  19. #494  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    There were German citizens who thought their military and ss troops wouldn't mess with them either.

    I find it amazing how people are willing to give up their rights to the ones they are written to protect themselves from. If I don't like something, I still don't want it outlawed.

    The laws work. The ct shooter tried to legally obtain a gun but current laws prohibited him from it. He broke 1000's of laws that dreadful day and they didn't stop him.

    "Any society that would give up a little liberty for security deserve neither, and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Exactly, irresponsible gun ownership is too blame here. The average person couldn't even be trusted to load a pellet gun.

    via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    Sent from my S3
    Darth Spock likes this.
  20. #495  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Many legal firearms owners are that morally bankrupt? This is exactly why a federal registration is necessary in the big, bad real world of the 21st century.
    LOL. Well, the second they do that, they cease to be law abiding citizens, responsible owners and forfeit any right to be heard on either basis. Now is the time for reasoned discussion and all we get from either side is fear mongering talking points.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  21. #496  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Exactly, irresponsible gun ownership is too blame here. The average person couldn't even be trusted to load a pellet gun.

    via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    The average person could be trusted but have an irrational fear from lack of proper training and media fear mongering.

    Sent from my refrigerator
    nolittdroid and Darth Spock like this.
  22. #497  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Westboro Baptist-mentality.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  23. #498  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    LOL. Well, the second they do that, they cease to be law abiding citizens, responsible owners and forfeit any right to be heard on either basis. Now is the time for reasoned discussion and all we get from either side is fear mongering talking points.
    Problem is, they equate such illegalities with being ... get this ... a patriot. The types of patriots willing to start a Fort Sumter event .....
    Darth Spock likes this.
  24. #499  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Westboro Baptist-mentality.
    Don't get me started on those guys after all of the atrocities they have gotten away with. That group has no love for god nor their fellow man. God willing I will be able to watch them fall.

    Sent from my refrigerator
  25. #500  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Don't get me started on those guys after all of the atrocities they have gotten away with. That group has no love for god nor their fellow man. God willing I will be able to watch them fall.
    Agreed. Unfortunately, their fear-based hatred and irrationality is not exclusive to them. As shown in the link.
    Darth Spock likes this.
Page 20 of 185 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Larva Cartoon - FREE and FUNNY Application
    By liontyping in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 12:03 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 08:33 AM
  3. POI information and Gallery
    By robjulo in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 12:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 05:28 AM

Posting Permissions