Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 23 of 185 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: Why no uproar over the 4th & 6th Amendment?

Why are there topics like this? Go to another forum or website in getting tired of seeing political agendas in a place I really enjoy like my cell phone and gadgets

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Garrett92C likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Why are there topics like this? Go to another forum or website in getting tired of seeing political agendas in a place I really enjoy like my cell phone and gadgets

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    This topic along with others in the Politics section are in the Lounge or off topic area. This area is for those of us that wish to discuss the politics of our(or any) nation. A few nights ago there was a rather lively discussion on another thread in the political section and since it was fairly late and a weekend it caused this to be on the hot board.

As for why we have this discussion here well for one that's what this section is for, and speaking for myself only AC is one of my favorite forums. I value the opinions of other members here as well even though at times we disagree.

We are not impacting anyone's use of the other sections of AC in any way shape or form.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Synycalwon and metz65 like this.

People just like to whine. Bottom line is even if the subject shows nobody is forced to open the thread and read it. Nothing but more liberal "I don't like it it shouldn't exist bs".

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Or else you could go to another forum that doesn't include android and politics. If you don't want to be apart of the politics forum, then don't be in it. No one invited you in here. Do you go into forums of Android devices that you don't own and tell people they don't deserve to be talking about it because you don't own the device? Seriously, if you don't want to be in here, then leave. Your opinion has little value.
    Last edited by rkeenan; 02-01-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Default Re: US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Wrong again, Free Speech was not suppressed. Honestly, do you think at all before posting?

Here is an exercise I encourage you to try. Describe an inaugural parade protest scenario in which free speech is suppressed. (Hint: The linked story is not one)

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Watch the video below, during the interview the judge states that "what good is free speech if the people in the government are so far away that they can't hear you." It is in this way that I feel that free speech was indeed suppressed.

"Today, Jan. 21, 2013, Politico reports that when the Obamas reached a particular point in the parade route, they entered their limousine, then drove by the protest area, and when they passed the area, they re-exited their vehicle and continued to walk.

The Obamas were walking the route and walked past the FBI building. Then they got into their limousine and drove past Freedom Park, the only designated free speech zone on the parade route. After passing Freedom Park, they once again got out of their limousine and continued their walk to the White House."

YouTube

There is also the banning of protester from D.C. after inauguration ignites debate on free speech story which I have linked below.

Banning of protester from D.C. after inauguration ignites debate on free speech - Washington Post

Original link
    Free speech suppressed during inauguration parade - National Conservative | Examiner.com
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

There are too many things like this going on in our schools. I understand the need to be protective of our children and vigilant in our duty to their safety but this is repressive.

Six-Year-Old Girl Expelled For Bringing Plastic Toy Gun To Show & Tell [W/ VIDEO] – Secrets of the Fed

I can remember taking my winchester 1890 to school to use as a prop for a book report.

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Wrong again, Free Speech was not suppressed. Honestly, do you think at all before posting?

Here is an exercise I encourage you to try. Describe an inaugural parade protest scenario in which free speech is suppressed. (Hint: The linked story is not one)
    Leave it to them to take the bait of the rabid, partisan hacks rather than use calm reasoning. It's not as if security may have had a little something to do with this non-issue or anything .....
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Watch the video below, during the interview the judge states that "what good is free speech if the people in the government are so far away that they can't hear you." It is in this way that I feel that free speech was indeed suppressed.

"Today, Jan. 21, 2013, Politico reports that when the Obamas reached a particular point in the parade route, they entered their limousine, then drove by the protest area, and when they passed the area, they re-exited their vehicle and continued to walk.

The Obamas were walking the route and walked past the FBI building. Then they got into their limousine and drove past Freedom Park, the only designated free speech zone on the parade route. After passing Freedom Park, they once again got out of their limousine and continued their walk to the White House."

YouTube

There is also the banning of protester from D.C. after inauguration ignites debate on free speech story which I have linked below.

Banning of protester from D.C. after inauguration ignites debate on free speech - Washington Post

Original link
    Free speech suppressed during inauguration parade - National Conservative | Examiner.com
    I can't force you to be quiet, and conversely, you can't force me to listen.

I'm under no obligation to pay attention to the sign you wave. Freedom swings both ways bro.

And Pastor Rick? Not the best example. He sounds more like a public nuisance, then a legit victim of having his rights trampled on.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    There are too many things like this going on in our schools. I understand the need to be protective of our children and vigilant in our duty to their safety but this is repressive.

Six-Year-Old Girl Expelled For Bringing Plastic Toy Gun To Show & Tell [W/ VIDEO] Secrets of the Fed

I can remember taking my winchester 1890 to school to use as a prop for a book report.
    Its a generational thing man. ADD didn't exist back in the day either but now its an epidemic called sissy's. You can't spank your kids for getting out of line without someone calling CPS anymore. We are setting up these kids for failure with this everybody wins and life is fair crap, when they get into the real world they don't know what's going on. There has never been peace and never will be, this world isn't fair it doesn't care about you. Its OK let's make these kids more worthless and entitled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by nrm5110; 02-01-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Its a generational thing man. ADD didn't exist back in the day either but now its an epidemic called sissy's. You can't spank your kids for getting out of line without someone calling CPS anymore. We are setting up these kids for failure with this everybody wins and life is fair crap, when they get into the real world they don't know what's going on. There has never been peace and never will be, this world isn't fair it doesn't care about you. Its OK let's make these kids more worthless and entitled.

Frustrated much?

I know a HS kid with ADD whose a State Champion Football player and Wrestler.

You might call him a sissy, but you'd never do it again.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Darth Spock likes this.

ROM
    Stock, CM10, AOKP

[post edited by moderator]

So much win.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Foul language will be not be tolerated. That includes trying to evade the language filter. Keep the discussion civil.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nate456 View Post
    [post edited by moderator]

So much win.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.
    You couldn't edit it you just had to delete the whole freaking thing!

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Foul language will be not be tolerated. That includes trying to evade the language filter. Keep the discussion civil.

Sent from my SGSIII
    You guys clearly have the ability to edit words out why not that why delete the whole post!

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

You couldn't edit it you just had to delete the whole freaking thing!

Post appropriately and it won't be an issue going forward. As I said, please keep the discussion civil. If you have an issue with what I did do, feel free to report this post.

Sent from my SGSIII

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I'm saying we baby kids these days they don't have to work for anything, they have everything handed to them.

And ooooh football and wrestling :rolleyes:. Your barking up the wrong tree son. Try being homeless at 13 because of an alcoholic mother. Try forcing yourself through school during this while holding a varsity sport and working nights to buy food and sleeping under a bridge until you get a car. Live off of a case of ramen and a jar of peanut butter for a month and a half. Try being a soldier with a busted up spine taking care of his wife and son and still having to fight the pain every day because his country is keeping him from getting the care he needs because the system is broken. Forget your sports star I raise you a soldier, father, husband, and a real man.
    Thanked by:

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Thanked by 3:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I'm saying we baby kids these days they don't have to work for anything, they have everything handed to them.

And ooooh football and wrestling :rolleyes:. Your barking up the wrong tree son. Try being homeless at 13 because of an alcoholic mother. Try forcing yourself through school during this while holding a varsity sport and working nights to buy food and sleeping under a bridge until you get a car. Live off of a case of ramen and a jar of peanut butter for a month and a half. Try being a soldier with a busted up spine taking care of his wife and son and still having to fight the pain every day because his country is keeping him from getting the care he needs because the system is broken. Forget your sports star I raise you a soldier, father, husband, and a real man.
    Second verse, same as the first.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Synycalwon likes this.

Also it is easier for the average folks to protect the constitution and amendments if we can overthrow the government if they go to far. Lose the second amendment and I would have to buy the guns from the thug down the street if we had to have another government change like in 1776.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx!!

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Gee, I said I can't force, not that you should.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and Live2ride883 like this.

How far you think he will get with that?

So if assault weapons aren't dangerous...when will the GOP give up on the so called war on drugs? I laugh that a natural green plant scares folks more than a fully automatic weapon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3
    Thanked by:
Page 23 of 185 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 ... LastLast