Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 25 of 185 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 4617
Like Tree2067Likes
  1. #601  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    @NothingIsTrue: While I genuinely appreciate your sincere attempt to diffuse tension on this subject, it has been made more than perfectly clear by the "from my cold, dead hands ..." nutters that they have no interest in a sincere and sober discussion. Their only interest is in using this forum as a billboard to spit-polish the image of firearm ownership. A discussion does not include the generic, partisan hate which they routinely employ for whatever self-absorbed purpose.
  2. #602  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    @NothingIsTrue: While I genuinely appreciate your sincere attempt to diffuse tension on this subject, it has been made more than perfectly clear by the "from my cold, dead hands ..." nutters that they have no interest in a sincere and sober discussion. Their only interest is in using this forum as a billboard to spit-polish the image of firearm ownership. A discussion does not include the generic, partisan hate which they routinely employ for whatever self-absorbed purpose.
    Again with the insults, because you have done a great job trying to have a sincere discussion :rolleyes: ... not.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #603  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Again with the insults, because you have done a great job trying to have a sincere discussion :rolleyes: ... not.
    It's more insulting to have to read those examples in the first place than it is to point them out as evidence. How about a sincere attempt at moving forward without additional examples of billboard/bumper-sticker idiocy?
  4. #604  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    It's more insulting to have to read those examples in the first place than it is to point them out as evidence. How about a sincere attempt at moving forward without additional examples of billboard/bumper-sticker idiocy?
    Again why must you use passive aggressive insults in every post I'm not running around calling you names non stop so how about trying to be a civil human being instead of a ******.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #605  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,899 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Discussing ideas is great. That's what makes the forums so great. That said, getting personal or insulting other members is unacceptable. Please just keep it on topic.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  6. #606  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    A criminal advocating for stricter gun laws...

    This guy is a ****** and registered sex offender

    Convicted ****** is Leader of Ohio Anti Gun Movement | Guns Save Lives
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  7. #607  

    Default Re: Possible 28th Amendment to The Constitution

    I would support this 100%.

    Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx!!
  8. #608  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,009 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,052 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Source... Credibility.... Nevermind. You can tell from the comments, title of the blog, graphics and links that this is fringe. That's before reading the lies and twisted facts strung together to generate fear and page clicks.

    That's a solution to protection for children?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  9. #609  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    That's a solution to protection for children?
    No. It's just more cheap partisan hackery meant to both insult those on the left of Attila the Hun as well as to propagandize firearm ownership.

    Legislatively killing the NRA's "Relief from Disability Program" (aka: firearms for felons program) would be a starting point reasonable people could agree upon.

    Restoring Gun Rights to Felons - Video - The New York Times
  10. #610  
    Serial Fordicator's Avatar

    Posts
    444 Posts
    ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    New Yorkers may not have to turn in their guns but what about the magazines? Not many guns come with a 7 rd limit. Most are mad because there was no open debate. It was passed late night early morning sliding it through. Just what I've heard from New Yorkers.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Darth Spock likes this.
  11. #611  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    From an article on gunowners.org:

    why expanding our current system of background checks would be a HORRIBLE idea to implement:

    Violation of Rights. The principle that no American can own a firearm without getting the go-ahead from the government is offensive to Americans.

    Ineffective. One of the nations leading anti-gun medical publications, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), found that the Brady law has failed to reduce murder rates. In August 2000, JAMA reported that states implementing waiting periods and background checks did not [experience] reductions in homicide rates or overall suicide rates. And to be sure, Universal background checks would not have stopped Adam Lanza (who stole his guns), or James Holmes or Jared Loughner (who passed background checks).

    Overreaching. The NICS list currently contains the names of more than 150,000 law-abiding veterans who didnt do anything wrong (but honorably served their country and then sought counseling for their wartime experiences) -- and could soon contain tens of millions of names of Medicaid patients with post partem depression, IDEA students with ADHD, and soldiers, police, and firemen with PTSD.

    Framework for confiscation. Anyone who doesnt believe a national gun registry leads to national gun confiscation should consider the confidential memorandum advocating confiscation and circulated by New York Democrats prior to their most recent round of New York gun control.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-150903_431226743626229_487133301_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-05-2013 at 06:28 AM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Synycalwon and Darth Spock like this.
  12. #612  

    Default Re: semiautomatic rifle NOT used at Newtown, Conn shooting!!!!!

    I would love to verify this information with corroborated autopsy data. Hey we are all adults here so lets look at the data. I also see NBC has not issued a
    retraction from their original airing so lets see the data.
  13. #613  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Here's another article on the NY Safe act.

    Articles: New York's 'SAFE' Act: The 'Rape' of the Second Amendment
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  14. #614  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: semiautomatic rifle NOT used at Newtown, Conn shooting!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    I would love to verify this information with corroborated autopsy data. Hey we are all adults here so lets look at the data.
    Playing Operation doesn't qualify you to understand a thing about an autopsy.
  15. #615  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    /SNIP/
    Your attached image is a simultaneous threat and insult to every thinking American who values a civil society. A truly appropriate response would not make make it past the forum censors.
  16. #616  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Threat and insult?????

    I don't know how you came to that conclusion. There was no intent to harm or insult anyone.

    This image does not show anything thats violent. It's not showing anybody getting shot in any way. It's just a picture of a gun. It's nothing -- nobody getting shot, nobody getting it pointed at them, it's nothing, this is just a picture i found on the internet.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-05-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  17. #617  

    Default Re: semiautomatic rifle NOT used at Newtown, Conn shooting!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Quit treating criminals better than our returning veterans. Prison shouldn't include cable TV, and weight sets. The threat of prison should be a deterrent to crime.
    I agree with this statement. In many situations I'm sure things are better on the inside for a prisoner than the lifestyle they lead on the outside when they were free. I'm sure there are a small percent that actually take something away from the rehab programs built into the system to rebuild a prisoners life once they are returned to normal society but things like cable TV and other perks we hear about are uncalled for IMO especially since were the ones paying for it.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  18. #618  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Threat and insult?????

    I don't know how you came to that conclusion. There was no intent to harm or insult anyone.

    This image does not show anything thats violent. It's not showing anybody getting shot in any way. It's just a picture of a gun. It's nothing -- nobody getting shot, nobody getting it pointed at them, it's nothing, this is just a picture i found on the internet.
    The threat and insult is contained within the message to which you clearly subscribe. "MY AR-15 will never be illegal ... It will simply be 'undocumented'". As if it was really necessary to point that out to you?
  19. #619  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Live2Ride, it's pointless to argue with a fool. They usually just drag you down to their level.
    Live2ride883 and Synycalwon like this.
  20. #620  

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Live2Ride, it's pointless to argue with a fool. They usually just drag you down to their level.
    Honestly I don't see him as a fool. I think he has a right to voice his opinion. Where I have issues is the superiority complex that comes through in almost all of the posts as well as the condescending attitude. Despite that I still listen to his opinion, once in awhile I admit he does manage to get a little bit under my skin which i think is his goal but I just take a step back, a deep breath and then carry on.

    I still cannot comprehend the threat in the picture I posted.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Synycalwon likes this.
  21. #621  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

    ^^Again raging against personalities while, simultaneously, avoiding like the plague the central point? Have you no shame?
  22. #622  

    Default Re: semiautomatic rifle NOT used at Newtown, Conn shooting!!!!!

    Actually I would refer to a licensed professional such as a medical doctor who performs autopsies or even the coroner who also would have a licence or credentials that would be at risk. Carolinadroids comment is childish. I believe that we can trust yet verify. What exactly would there be to lose in checking the facts? Besides her attack is just that, a simple attack without any merit and just a detour to finding out the truth and when the truth is revealed we can just except the facts whatever they may be. I just don't know for sure and any critical thinker would want verification.
  23. #623  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default How Many Firearm Deaths In The US Since Sandy Hook Elementary School?

    How many deaths of men, women, and children (not including survivable injuries) by firearms in the United States of America have occurred since December 14, 2012, the date when a Bushmaster AR-15 with high-capacity 30-round clips was used to kill 20 small children and 6 adult staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School? As of the time of this posting: 1,619 1,833.

    Gun-Death Daily Tally: Every American Gun Death Since Sandy Hook Massacre (INTERACTIVE)

    This is a non-partisan look at raw numbers. They are what they are. The lives of the innocent, quite literally, hang in the balance of respecting case law and sobriety. How does the point of your reply post save one or more of them? Therefore, partisanship is not welcome here. "Partisanship" is not what politics is about. Politics is about hammering out reasonable compromise toward measurable results. If your post does not serve the purpose of reaching reasonable compromise, post it elsewhere. Please rise above partisanship in this thread. If you cite sources to support a claim you make, only use those which are vetted and apolitical in nature.

    If you make the choice to compare apples to apples, only use examples which are designed and intended to be used as lethal weapons (not automobiles, hammers, rocks, or clothespins for example).

    Last edited by carolinadroid; 02-15-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.
  24. #624  

    Default Re: How Many Firearm Deaths In The US Since Sandy Hook Elementary School?

    I think the parameters of this thread are too restrictive to allow any type of discussion, in going after gun deaths you have to be aware of the intent of the person holding the gun that caused the death.

    1) How many were suicides
    2) how many were caused by criminals during the commission of a crime
    3) how many were caused by the victim during the commission of a crime
    4) a police officer.

    Then you have to look at the underlying cause that led the criminal to commit the crime which either led to the crimals death or the victims.

    All gun deaths happen in one of 2 ways, either accidental or in direct relationship to a crime being committed


    You claim to want vetted and apolitical information yet:

    Even the site you linked states that the data there is incomplete and therefore inaccurate and cannot be vetted.

    Apolitical: The very political ad you posted is paid for by Progressive Change Campaign Committee. Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) | Join the Bold Progressive movement to see their political goals.

    In the very first paragraph you discuss the tragedy at Newtown and describe in detail that 20 small children and 6 adults had their lives taken.

    Yet the next one states all you want is "Raw numbers" if all you want are raw numbers then the fact that they were innocent quite literally doesn't matter.

    The tragedies at Newtown and Aurora were unfortunate and will have a lasting effect on this country. But in my opinion we are focusing on the tool used and not the person(s) responsible.

    I also think this should be broken down into specific types of firearms used such as pistol, shotgun, or rifle. Remember the more accurate the incoming data is the more specific the discussion can be.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-06-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
  25. #625  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: semiautomatic rifle NOT used at Newtown, Conn shooting!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    Actually I would refer to a licensed professional such as a medical doctor who performs autopsies or even the coroner who also would have a licence or credentials that would be at risk. Carolinadroids comment is childish. I believe that we can trust yet verify. What exactly would there be to lose in checking the facts? Besides her attack is just that, a simple attack without any merit and just a detour to finding out the truth and when the truth is revealed we can just except the facts whatever they may be. I just don't know for sure and any critical thinker would want verification.
    Are you suggesting a conspiracy among the Newtown police, CT state authorities, the FBI, and any other assorted agencies? Where is your evidence that the Newtown police's conclusion that the slaughter at Stony Hook was not at the end of the Bushmaster AR-15? Forensic files in the hands of Joe-average? Really? What could possibly go wrong?
Page 25 of 185 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 07:33 AM
  2. Larva Cartoon - FREE and FUNNY Application
    By liontyping in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 05:40 AM
  3. POI information and Gallery
    By robjulo in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 11:00 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 04:28 AM

Posting Permissions