Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 31 of 185 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Patriotism as opposed to patriot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-uploadfromtaptalk1360369670339.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I never said anything about patriotism. I gave you the three definitions of a patriot. Patriotism coincides with the first definition of a patriot.
    When the gravity of a subject becomes this weighted, that's really what you come up with? How incredibly irresponsible.

You call a spade a spade, so I call you out. You don't know anything about guns and you didn't know the definition of patriot.

Now you're enlightened on what a Patriot is, you're still clueless about guns.

An American by choice, not by birth in this video actually gets it better than some others...

I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Carolinadroid posted the following: "Sic Semper Tyrannis" ("Thus Be To Tyrants") - John Wilkes Booth immediately after pulling the trigger, assassinating Abraham Lincoln."

According to Booth's Reason for Assassination | Teachinghistory.org the reason John Wilkes Booth assassinated Lincoln is partly because of this

"On the evening of April 11, the president stood on the White House balcony and delivered a speech to a small group gathered on the lawn. Two days earlier, Robert E. Lee had surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia at Appomattox Court House, and after four long years of struggle it had become clear that the Union cause would emerge from the war victorious. Lincolns speech that evening outlined some of his ideas about reconstructing the nation and bringing the defeated Confederate states back into the Union. Lincoln also indicated a wish to extend the franchise to some African-Americansat the very least, those who had fought in the Union ranks during the warand expressed a desire that the southern states would extend the vote to literate blacks, as well. Booth stood in the audience for the speech, and this notion seems to have amplified his rage at Lincoln. That means citizenship, he told Lewis Powell, one of his band of conspirators. Now, by God, Ill put him through. That is the last speech he will ever make.

Maybe I am missing the point, or I really just don't get it but how does quoting JWB advance your case?

In the line "that means citizenship" the A/C filter rightfully removed a racist term I have no issue at all with it being removed, the term is hateful to all men. The only reason that I am pointing this out is that it allows us to understand the basis for JWB's hatred and reasons for wanting Lincoln dead.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-08-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Nice info live2ride.

I took Carolinas JWB quote as an example of false patriotism.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

You call a spade a spade, so I call you out. You don't know anything about guns and you didn't know the definition of patriot.

Now you're enlightened on what a Patriot is, you're still clueless about guns.
    Markster1's post does raise a valid question, exactly what is your experience level with guns, specifically the AR-15 that has been so hotly contested both here and in public debates?

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Nice info live2ride.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Is he stating Lincoln was a tyrant, or was JWB a patriot false or otherwise?

Personally I think he (JWB) was a small minded, angry and hateful person. That could not abide by the slaves being freed and possibly gaining citizenship.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-08-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Nice info live2ride.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    live2ride is <6-degrees of separation from John Wilkes Booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    When someone in the executive branch of government says he has the right to kill you without any due process that is tyranny
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    I salute the supremes support for protecting the constitution against a tyrannical president.
    The above post both 'Thanked' and 'Liked' by live2ride, clearly in agreement.

If we come to a second American revolution not only will I fight and defend the side in which I believe to be right, but I will also recruit others that think the same way I do.

Actually I didn't like or thank the post "When someone in the executive branch of government says he has the right to kill you without any due process that is tyranny" I made that post, and it was in reference to the white paper that was leaked concerning the government having the ability to kill citizens without due process which is a violation of the 14th amendment.

As for "If we come to a second American revolution not only will I fight and defend the side in which I believe to be right, but I will also recruit others that think the same way I do." Yep I said it, and I will specifically support and defend the constitution of the United States. I will also surround myself with others that will support and defend the constitution.

This: "Originally Posted by Bratigan
    I salute the supremes support for protecting the constitution against a tyrannical president." Isn't that what the supreme court is supposed to do, isn't it their duty to also protect and defend the constitution. I don't expect them to take up arms but there are multiple ways to defend and protect the constitution.

Carolina, you are gonna have to explain how I am six degrees of separation from JWB especially since he died on April 26, 1865. I have never proposed or endorsed any action be taken that would lead to anything even remotely related to the actions of JWB.

Threatening the life of the president, even in jest, or a joking manner is a federal crime.

Six degrees of separation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although according to the family history that my dad was working on before he passed away, we are distantly related to William H. Seward who was Lincolns Secretary of State.

nolittdroid likes this.

Gentleman, can we please agree to disagree? You both are making excellent points but got carried away from the original meaning of the post :thumbdown:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Nice info live2ride.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    live2ride is <6-degrees of separation from John Wilkes Booth.

When someone in the executive branch of government says he has the right to kill you without any due process that is tyranny
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    I salute the supremes support for protecting the constitution against a tyrannical president.
    The above post both 'Thanked' and 'Liked' by live2ride, clearly in agreement.

If we come to a second American revolution not only will I fight and defend the side in which I believe to be right, but I will also recruit others that think the same way I do.
    Who decides what is "constitutional" in your fantasy revolution? You and your vigilante militia?

One man's emancipation is another man's "tyranny". Your seething threats against your government are duly noted - and taken seriously.

Markster1's post does raise a valid question, exactly what is your experience level with guns, specifically the AR-15 that has been so hotly contested both here and in public debates?
    Whatever little knowledge he has, he's learned it from this thread.

Seems like you're having problems knowing what the word "tyranny" really means since you seem to be a government "SHEEPLE" and believe what they feed you.
    Live2ride883 and metz65 like this.

Tyranny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-uploadfromtaptalk1360412933025.jpg  

Seems like New York's governor and Obama may fall into the first definition of the word over gun bans lately.

I think Carolinedroid doesn't know what the Constitution stands for as well as its amendments and "Bill of Rights"

The BoR are certain inalienable rights that will not be denied, as prescribed by our founding fathers, yet here we are with certain elements within and without our government striving to do just that.

Patriotism means support of your nation NOT the blind dog people who run it at any given time.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Patriotism means support of your nation NOT the blind dog people who run it at any given time.
    Are you among L2R's vigilante militia against the government? Yes or No.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Are you among L2R's vigilante militia against the government? Yes or No.
    Are you a communist? Yes or No

Offensive isn't it? Quit trying to compile people into categories and onto lists.

We (I hope I'm not reaching by including you) all want the same thing, that is to keep the wackos from obtaining any weapons that may harm us without losing individual freedoms for ourselves in the process.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Are you a communist? Yes or No

Offensive isn't it? Quit trying to compile people into categories and onto lists.
    "Offensive"? Not in the least.

Your buddy has very clearly made it his business in defining himself..

We (I hope I'm not reaching by including you) all want the same thing, that is to keep the wackos from obtaining any weapons that may harm us without losing individual freedoms for ourselves in the process.
    Given the foaming-at-the-mouth agenda to promote firearms as the equivalent of puppies and rainbows, at the expense of common intelligence, respect, and civility, the absolutist Live2Ride argument to which you subscribe does not account for any less carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Given the foaming-at-the-mouth agenda to promote firearms as the equivalent of puppies and rainbows, at the expense of common intelligence, respect, and civility, the absolutist Live2Ride argument to which you subscribe does not account for any less carnage.
    You're definitely taking a creative license and lumping everyone in the same category.

No one has foamed at the mouth indicating rabies.

No one has talked about puppies and rainbows except you.

Common intelligence would criminalize the user of a weapon not the weapon used.

I have seen live2ride give you respect which you in turn do not return and are not civil in your arrogance.

Lastly, there is no subscribe button in which I have pushed to follow live2ride. Just because I'm on his side of the fence does it mean I do as he does.

The thing that I think you fail to grasp and it's apparant to me that you never will is that carnage will always happen. Weapons of choice will change, it will always be what is convenient but if we keep criminalizing the tool used and not the person, then one day you'll wake up and find nothing to defend yourself with. Unless of course you think you can talk your way out of it.
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Is he stating Lincoln was a tyrant, or was JWB a patriot false or otherwise?

Personally I think he (JWB) was a small minded, angry and hateful person. That could not abide by the slaves being freed and possibly gaining citizenship.
    Was I not clear in my post? I interpreted the original statement as JWB was a false patriot.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Stop the offensive questioning, personal attacks, and insults of the thread will be closed and people will get some vacations from the forums for a few days.

We've let threads in this section stride the line for far too long. It stops now. Consider this the one and only final warning.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Seems like you're having problems knowing what the word "tyranny" really means since you seem to be a government "SHEEPLE" and believe what they feed you.
    Two "seems" and one SHEEPLE. Fail.

(I understand the criticism. No opinion as to accuracy)

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
Page 31 of 185 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334 ... LastLast