07-14-2014 07:46 AM
- 02-08-2013 06:32 PM
- Carolinadroid posted the following: "Sic Semper Tyrannis" ("Thus Be To Tyrants") - John Wilkes Booth immediately after pulling the trigger, assassinating Abraham Lincoln."
According to Booth's Reason for Assassination | Teachinghistory.org the reason John Wilkes Booth assassinated Lincoln is partly because of this
"On the evening of April 11, the president stood on the White House balcony and delivered a speech to a small group gathered on the lawn. Two days earlier, Robert E. Lee had surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia at Appomattox Court House, and after four long years of struggle it had become clear that the Union cause would emerge from the war victorious. Lincolns speech that evening outlined some of his ideas about reconstructing the nation and bringing the defeated Confederate states back into the Union. Lincoln also indicated a wish to extend the franchise to some African-Americansat the very least, those who had fought in the Union ranks during the warand expressed a desire that the southern states would extend the vote to literate blacks, as well. Booth stood in the audience for the speech, and this notion seems to have amplified his rage at Lincoln. That means citizenship, he told Lewis Powell, one of his band of conspirators. Now, by God, Ill put him through. That is the last speech he will ever make.
Maybe I am missing the point, or I really just don't get it but how does quoting JWB advance your case?
In the line "that means citizenship" the A/C filter rightfully removed a racist term I have no issue at all with it being removed, the term is hateful to all men. The only reason that I am pointing this out is that it allows us to understand the basis for JWB's hatred and reasons for wanting Lincoln dead.02-08-2013 08:48 PM
- 02-08-2013 09:32 PM
Personally I think he (JWB) was a small minded, angry and hateful person. That could not abide by the slaves being freed and possibly gaining citizenship.02-08-2013 09:59 PM
- 02-08-2013 10:13 PM
- Actually I didn't like or thank the post "When someone in the executive branch of government says he has the right to kill you without any due process that is tyranny" I made that post, and it was in reference to the white paper that was leaked concerning the government having the ability to kill citizens without due process which is a violation of the 14th amendment.
As for "If we come to a second American revolution not only will I fight and defend the side in which I believe to be right, but I will also recruit others that think the same way I do." Yep I said it, and I will specifically support and defend the constitution of the United States. I will also surround myself with others that will support and defend the constitution.
This: "Originally Posted by Bratigan
I salute the supremes support for protecting the constitution against a tyrannical president." Isn't that what the supreme court is supposed to do, isn't it their duty to also protect and defend the constitution. I don't expect them to take up arms but there are multiple ways to defend and protect the constitution.02-08-2013 10:44 PM
- Carolina, you are gonna have to explain how I am six degrees of separation from JWB especially since he died on April 26, 1865. I have never proposed or endorsed any action be taken that would lead to anything even remotely related to the actions of JWB.
Threatening the life of the president, even in jest, or a joking manner is a federal crime.
Six degrees of separation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Although according to the family history that my dad was working on before he passed away, we are distantly related to William H. Seward who was Lincolns Secretary of State.02-08-2013 10:49 PM
One man's emancipation is another man's "tyranny". Your seething threats against your government are duly noted - and taken seriously.02-09-2013 05:45 AM
- 02-09-2013 06:20 AM
- I think Carolinedroid doesn't know what the Constitution stands for as well as its amendments and "Bill of Rights"
The BoR are certain inalienable rights that will not be denied, as prescribed by our founding fathers, yet here we are with certain elements within and without our government striving to do just that.
Patriotism means support of your nation NOT the blind dog people who run it at any given time.02-09-2013 06:38 AM
Offensive isn't it? Quit trying to compile people into categories and onto lists.
We (I hope I'm not reaching by including you) all want the same thing, that is to keep the wackos from obtaining any weapons that may harm us without losing individual freedoms for ourselves in the process.02-09-2013 08:31 AM
Your buddy has very clearly made it his business in defining himself..We (I hope I'm not reaching by including you) all want the same thing, that is to keep the wackos from obtaining any weapons that may harm us without losing individual freedoms for ourselves in the process.02-09-2013 08:51 AM
No one has foamed at the mouth indicating rabies.
No one has talked about puppies and rainbows except you.
Common intelligence would criminalize the user of a weapon not the weapon used.
I have seen live2ride give you respect which you in turn do not return and are not civil in your arrogance.
Lastly, there is no subscribe button in which I have pushed to follow live2ride. Just because I'm on his side of the fence does it mean I do as he does.
The thing that I think you fail to grasp and it's apparant to me that you never will is that carnage will always happen. Weapons of choice will change, it will always be what is convenient but if we keep criminalizing the tool used and not the person, then one day you'll wake up and find nothing to defend yourself with. Unless of course you think you can talk your way out of it.02-09-2013 09:11 AM
Blue 32gb Galaxy S302-09-2013 09:32 AM
- Kevin OQuinnAC Team EmeritusStop the offensive questioning, personal attacks, and insults of the thread will be closed and people will get some vacations from the forums for a few days.
We've let threads in this section stride the line for far too long. It stops now. Consider this the one and only final warning.
Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 202-09-2013 09:35 AM
- 02-09-2013 09:43 AM
- By liontyping in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM
- By badkitties in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 15Last Post: 10-25-2013, 07:33 AM
- By robjulo in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 08-24-2013, 11:00 AM
- By white76 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-24-2013, 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD