Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 33 of 185 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: Why no uproar over the 4th & 6th Amendment?

So are you saying that the Iraqi and Afghanistan Wars are "paid" and not added to the national deficit?

By the time Bush was leaving office the economic "damage" of the Iraqi war was already done... or as Powell said, "You break it, you own it."

Look... I voted for Bush twice. But IMO, his decision to lead us to war in Iraq is the single biggest military blunder in our nation's history.
    Last edited by kilofox; 02-10-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    nolittdroid likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Tell me what he (Obama) has done that is illegal..... please. The house republicans have been in power since he first took office in 2008... if he is doing illegal things, THEN WHY HAVENT THEY CHARGED HIM????
    I'd appreciate it if anyone could supply the list of legal charges successfully prosecuted against the President, individually. Is there another standard which determines legality which I'm unaware? Otherwise, it appears retractions may be in order.

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

9 things everyone should know about the second amendment.

9 things You Didn't Know About the Second Amendment
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    So are you saying that the Iraqi and Afghanistan Wars are "paid" and not added to the national deficit?

By the time Bush was leaving office the economic "damage" of the Iraqi war was already done... or as Powell said, "You break it, you own it."

Look... I voted for Bush twice. But IMO, his decision to lead us to war in Iraq is the single biggest military blunder in our nation's history.
    Not saying it did not add to national debt or that it was a good decision, simply pointing out that he did not "credit card" the entire conflict there was approved funds voted on by congress and that he had support for the conflict by congress (a Democrat majority in both) that includes said funding and Iraq war resolution.

Bush may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but if you go by the thought that because he is the commander in chief total blame lies with him then by that thought process Hitler should have been the only war criminal in WW2 as he was CinC and all the other war criminals were we following his leadership and not to blame.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx!!

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

I think that a good response would be to place armed guards and or properly trained and vetted people at the schools for their
    protection. The same course of action being contemplated at the Newtown school. I think a good point was made when someone
    said that we place more importance on guarding our money than we do our children. Should we not want the same for our children?

Clearly there could be other security measures taken to enhance the safety within the schools but only by qualified security professionals
    as I think teachers are simply not qualified to come up with a reasonable plan, leave it to the pros.
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Default Re: US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Sorry. No reasonable person will make it past the second paragraph which states:

As should have been learned by now, faulty, deceitful foundations make for absurdity.
    In other words, if you don't agree with something you stop reading it shortly after the start. And anyone that does read and agree with it is simply being unreasonable...

Yea got it, thanks for clearing that up.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Re: How Many Firearm Deaths In The US Since Sandy Hook Elementary School?

carolinadroid

Updated total includes those murdered between 2/6/13 and 2/8/2013:
    /snip/ waste of space

Murder is a crime, and those who commit this or any other crime should be brought to justice. Regardless of the instrument used to commit that crime.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    In other words, if you don't agree with something you stop reading it shortly after the start. And anyone that does read and agree with it is simply being unreasonable...

Yea got it, thanks for clearing that up
    As the author of such intellectually depraved fantasies like 'Obama's Forged Documents', 'AR-15 NOT used in Newtown shooting', 'Should Obama be impeached', etc, you are clearly cozy to the practice of beginning a post with a blatant lie false foundation. We have come to expect no less. Your defense of others' similar practice comes as no revelation.

An ar-15 was not used in the school shooting. How is this false?
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    An ar-15 was not used in the school shooting. How is this false?
    But what about the rifle? Alleged shooter Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifle as his primary weapon, but conspiracist have seized on footage of police removing a long gun from the trunk of Lanzas car. This reveals the Big Lie of the mainstream media the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle was left in Lanzas car, conspiracy website NaturalNews states in a story picked up by Alex Jones InfoWars this week.

Answer: Actually, the gun shown being removed from Lanzas car was a shotgun he never used. Lanza brought three guns inside the school the AR-15 and two handguns all of which were found inside the school.

This AR-15 thing is right up there with 9/11 being an inside job.

Not even Fox News believes this.... and if it were true... they would be all over this. Why havent they?

I cant find anything on the NRA's website saying Lanza did not use an AR-15.... surely they would be all over this. Why havent they?

Maybe its because he did use an AR-15..... you can take your tinfoil hat off.
    Thanked by 2:
    rkeenan and Darth Spock like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Assigning an armed officer to every single cell block wing of every school is the only way fighting firearms with firearms could possibly serve as a deterrent. Please post back what your local authorities have to say when you tell them you want your property taxes increased to pay for this, too.

2 uniformed police were on sight at Columbine. Result? 15 dead. Another 23 injured.

Other equally effective measures might include 10-foot fences topped with razorwire and daily body searches.

This describes perfectly the learning environment in which I want my child to be indoctrinated educated.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Please read THIS POST again as it's been updated.

Thanks
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How Many Firearm Deaths In The US Since Sandy Hook Elementary School?

Thanks
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Please read THIS POST as it's been updated.

Thanks

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Let's ban alcohol, cigarettes cars, prescription drugs, and politicians as they all cause more deaths than guns.

Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 and Eight Bit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jusmebabe View Post
    Let's ban alcohol, cigarettes cars, prescription drugs, and politicians as they all cause more deaths than guns.

Can we agree to add Dr.'s as well?

But seriously, I am sure that everyone can agree to the following:
    1) Murder is a crime
    2) Criminals should be punished for the crimes they commit.

My if a car exactly like mine is used in a hit and run in which a group of children are hit in a crosswalk while I am in another state my car cannot be taken away from me due to this criminal action.

Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Can I ask why you singled out the bushmaster ar-15? And in capital letters?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Can I ask why you singled out the bushmaster ar-15? And in capital letters?

I think its because they look or sound scary.

Or he is incorrectly and inappropriately associating the ar-15 with all gun deaths.

Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I was thinking the same thing did they add then after sandy hook? Because lately I open Tapatalk and first thread I see is impeach Obama guns this guns that. Pretty hard to ignore. Really was hoping this was a fluke but guess not. Is there a way to hide this section so I don't see it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Why is there a politics Forum on a Tech website? Who cares? This isn't a USA only site.

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

This makes me laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I think its because they look or sound scary.

Or he is incorrectly and inappropriately associating the ar-15 with all gun deaths.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I was thinking the same thing did they add then after sandy hook? Because lately I open Tapatalk and first thread I see is impeach Obama guns this guns that. Pretty hard to ignore. Really was hoping this was a fluke but guess not. Is there a way to hide this section so I don't see it?

Unfortunately I don't think you can hide it. I think it got this popular AFTER Sandy Hook. It's always been here, but was never even close to this "popular".
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post

Thanks
    It has become crystal clear that some will never understand why they have two ears ... and only one mouth.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Assigning an armed officer to every single cell block wing of every school is the only way fighting firearms with firearms could possibly serve as a deterrent. Please post back what your local authorities have to say when you tell them you want your property taxes increased to pay for this, too.

2 uniformed police were on sight at Columbine. Result? 15 dead. Another 23 injured.

Other equally effective measures might include 10-foot fences topped with razorwire and daily body searches.

This describes perfectly the learning environment in which I want my child to be indoctrinated educated.
    Columbine also happened during the first assault weapons ban. And ct has had an assault weapons ban.

Not one statistic I've seen points to no more mass shootings if assault weapons are indeed banned. The stats I've read prove quite the contrary....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Columbine also happened during the first assault weapons ban. And ct has had an assault weapons ban.

Not one statistic I've seen points to no more mass shootings if assault weapons are indeed banned. The stats I've read prove quite the contrary....
    What part of reasonably reducing the likelihood escapes you? No one, at any time, has made the claim that any ban precludes every possible abuse of firearms. Binary logic truly has no place in this discussion.

How many statistically reduced killings makes it worth the removal of certain high-capacity firearms/magazines, leaving Americans to defend themselves with every other firearm on the market? What's the magic number?

If no reduced mortality number can be considered, then this has dissolved into a nation of reason versus absolutism and there can be no reasonable discussion.
Page 33 of 185 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 ... LastLast