Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 34 of 185 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    What part of reasonably reducing the likelihood escapes you? No one, at any time, has made the claim that any ban precludes every possible abuse of firearms. Binary logic truly has no place in this discussion.

How many statistically reduced killings makes it worth the removal of certain high-capacity firearms/magazines, leaving Americans to defend themselves with every other firearm on the market? What's the magic number?

If no reduced mortality number can be considered, then this has dissolved into a nation of reason versus absolutism and there can be no reasonable discussion.
    "Reasonably reducing the likelihood" as you put it is simply not good enough, you cannot take something away from everyone because some people will abuse it.

That's like saying we have to remove all the vehicles off the roads to prevent a few accidents, taking away your car doesn't restrict your right to travel just the speed in which you are going to get there. The same could be said about airplanes to prevent terrorists from crashing them into buildings.

I have stated many times here that gun deaths happen in one of two ways, either an accident or as a direct result of the commission of a crime. Seriously if a woman kills her rapists during the attack I wanna give her a medal, if a store owner kills someone who is robbing him then he should be held as a community hero. If a mother while protecting her children during a break in at their family home kills the criminal I think she deserves a parade.

Some people want to take away the tool used, others want to remove the criminal that uses the gun. Make the threat of punishment so bad that it holds the criminal in check. Prison should be hard labor, not cable TV, weight rooms and exercise yards, and free medical care which is paid for by my taxes. A criminal has shown by his or her actions that they cannot exist in a reasonable society. Bring back chain gangs, hold the criminal responsible for his actions.
    Capital crimes like rape, homicide deserve no less than capital punishment.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why so many violent criminals end up back on the street to commit even more violent crimes?
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    "Reasonably reducing the likelihood" as you put it is simply not good enough
    You've therefore said all that is necessary on this subject as this is the only point which you've made which directly addresses the issue of this thread.

While we're about the business of doing absolutely nothing, we should strike down all background checks as well. They only prevented 1.7 MILLION US firearm transactions between 2008-2011 ... mostly due to criminal convictions. We can't have a system that isn't 100% perfect.

You've therefore said all that is necessary on this subject as this is the only point which you've made which directly addresses the issue of this thread.

While we're about the business of doing absolutely nothing, we should strike down all background checks as well. They only prevented 1.7 MILLION US firearm transactions between 2008-2011 ... mostly due to criminal convictions. We can't have a system that isn't 100% perfect.
    I never said we should get ride of background checks, I never said we should be in the business of doing "absolutely nothing?.

Yet I have to wonder why that simple line is the only thing you choose to refute in the post...?

EXISTING background checks in the state of CT prevented Adam Lanza from purchasing his own ar-15 at a gun store i another town.

We cannot have a perfect system, and sometimes something small is going to get thru, or a criminal is going to find a way around that law and things are going to happen, But that is no reason to take away the right of law abiding citizens.

What I advocate is holding the CRIMINAL responsible for his actions.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I never said we should get ride of background checks, I never said we should be in the business of doing "absolutely nothing?.
    Nearly 30 pages of your involvement in this thread has made it perfectly clear.

Yet I have to wonder why that simple line is the only thing you choose to refute in the post...?
    Maybe that's because the same nearly 30 pages of your involvement in this thread have also thoroughly and repeatedly addressed, and when necessary, debunked, your other simple lines.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

What part of crime will go up and all you do is punish responsible owners escapes you?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Not an attack or offensive question, but I am still waiting for your answer on what your experience is with firearms, specifically the ar-15?

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    What part of crime will go up and all you do is punish responsible owners escapes you?
    Why not address the post rather than employing the binary logic most often used by children? Seriously.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Why not address the post rather than employing the binary logic most often used by children? Seriously.
    The only person throughout this entire post that has acted like a spoiled child is you. You are the one with the elitist attitude. You are the one that tries to push people down to lift yourself up. You sir, are a hypocrite.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    The only person throughout this entire post that has acted like a spoiled child is you. You are the one with the elitist attitude. You are the one that tries to push people down to lift yourself up. You sir, are a hypocrite.
    When you [not you, individually] are provided more than ample opportunity to directly address points which are central to the issue at hand ... and they are repeatedly avoided like the plague ... it makes one wonder why that is.

Sticks and stones roll right off my back.

When you [not you, individually] are provided more than ample opportunity to directly address points which are central to the issue at hand ... and they are repeatedly avoided like the plague ... it makes one wonder why that is.

Sticks and stones roll right off my back.
    You've avoided more than your fair share........tell me again, what do you know about guns?

Default Re: How Many Firearm Deaths In The US Since Sandy Hook Elementary School?

It has become crystal clear that some will never understand why they have two ears ... and only one mouth.
    Please look in the mirror......
    Eight Bit likes this.

Default Re: How Many Firearm Deaths In The US Since Sandy Hook Elementary School?

It has become crystal clear that some will never understand why they have two ears ... and only one mouth.
    Some apparently have evolved ahead of the rest of us and have 2 mouths and can only hear the sound of their own voice.

Default Topics concerning the SOTU address

Yet another example of Democrats setting themselves up as above the law.

Democrats Bringing Illegal Aliens as Guests to State of the Union Speech | Stand With Arizona

At the top of the page there is a picture and quote by Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), who has said
    I have only one loyalty, and thats to the immigrant community.

You sir are an elected representative of the citizens of the United States.

Personally, I think as long as anyone is in this country illegally they should be subject to arrest and deportation, anyone caught aiding them or providing the shelter from the law is also a criminal and should do time in prison.

Criminals must fear justice..

Edited to change title to include all issues surrounding the SOTU address.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-13-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Global Posts
    6,453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

74 page dialogue and we are no closer to any solution than on page one. Good luck with the next 74.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    74 page dialogue and we are no closer to any solution than on page one. Good luck with the next 74.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Below are some of the actual suggestions that have gotten lost in this thread, you may or may not agree with some or all of them but I believe they are viable solutions.

Easier access to mental health care, tougher and fully enforced penalties for violent criminals. Celebrate individuals that defend themselves and their families or businesses from criminals. Make the criminal FEAR justice.

Prison should be a deterrent to crime, not a place for free cable, exercise yards, bring back the chain gangs, there's all kinds of trash along the roads that needs picked up. Capital crime deserves capital punishment.

GUN FREE ZONES offer no protection from a madman bent on destruction. Allow teachers that choose to do so to get a carry permit.

Education:
    1) teach kids that as adults they are responsible for their actions, not mommy or daddy.
    2) teach people the proper use and respect for firearms.
    ---------
    Stop labeling gun owners as criminals, and or treating us as second class citizens. We are no different or better than anyone else. We choose to exercise our god given, constitutionally protected right to bear arms. It is our choice to own firearms, if you don't want one that's your choice, but don't make me a criminal for exercising my rights.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Accept the fact that there are some truly evil people in this world, and if they decide to commit an evil act then odds are in their favor simply because we cannot prevent every possible scenario, other than by totally separating ourselves from everyone else and never have any contact with any other human.

A video that explores why gun control should be banned and NOT guns, includes an interview from John Stossell with a group of convicted felons stating what they think of gun control laws, background checks, and armed victims. Also discusses the Brady bill.

Gun Control Should Be Outlawed - YouTube

Captian4Phones likes this.

Default Re: Topics concerning the SOTU address

I love the craptastic stuff that comes out of your mouth.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Hasn't it been made perfectly clear by a vocal minority demanding that no changes are made? Rights to a product are more important than lives, don't you know? And the blood only continues to spill.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Hasn't it been made perfectly clear by a vocal minority demanding that no changes are made? Rights to a product are more important than lives, don't you know? And the blood only continues to spill.
    Rights to a product to protect my life.
    And we are not the minority according to polls that you wish to ignore and statistics you choose to ignore.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

In a nutshell, this is what has what passes for conservatives frozen in fear. And it is, indeed, pathetic.

The NRA's Pathetic Excuses For Opposing Universal Background Checks

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Topics concerning the SOTU address

This is clearly a thread meant to bait people into an argument. I have a suggestion. Find some nice forums that are dedicated to political discussion and post these topics there.

Thank you.

Thread closed.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 3:
    msndrstood and Darth Spock like this.

In a nutshell, this is what has what passes for conservatives frozen in fear. And it is, indeed, pathetic.

The NRA's Pathetic Excuses For Opposing Universal Background Checks

I'll list my issues with this by each bullet point.

I read in a separate article that when the NRA offered to endorse background checks at gun shows they were told by the government that they didn't feel that it was worth the expense.

1) I have been thru several checks to purchase weapons, and honestly it is a hassle already. What I don't like is the government telling me I have to advise them if/when I want to leave my possessions to my kids, brother etc. If my neighbor and I want swap pistols it's none of their business. If I agree to meet a guy after work to buy a gun, I shouldn't have to go to the police station for a background check at 2:00 am. While the article does state an approximate fee of 5.00-25.00 for this background check, what's to stop them from raising it in the future, or adding a specific gun tax letter on like the now proposed 5% tax on every bullet sold in CA? Honestly I think this fee is wrong just on principle, as a tax payer I am going to have to pay into the fund that will be going to pay for birth control for people like Sandra Fluke,

The 1.7% figure I have problems with, this figure is simply a concensous, and it's based on some really old data. To get this information I linked from the original one provided by CD. By clicking on the link labeled 1.7% The stale claim that 40 percent of gun sales lack background checks - The Washington Post. So that figure could be a lot less, or even more. Personally I have never purchased a firearm from a gun show, and I would not feel comfortable doing so. When I buy a firearm I always purchase from a reputable dealer. I usually go to the same shop for every purchase, I have been going there for more than 20 years. So even though background checks at gun shows would not affect me personally after given the issue more consideration I have to side with those that it would affect and place my self in the against column.

3) If people the majority of people that are flagged on NICS checks are not prosecuted, why bother. Either enforce the law or abolish it. I see no sense in adding another law that isn't going to be enforced anyway, it just causes more problems. This is what Joe Biden was referring to when he said they didn't have time to prosecute every one of these cases. I already linked it a few pages ago.

4) There is definitely cause for concern of entrapment with this.

5) yea, this is too obvious. We already know that Homicidal maniacs, criminals, and the insane don't abide by the law, LaPierre told the senators. Answering a question about background checks, he said, The problem with gun laws is, criminals don't cooperate with them. The mentally ill don't cooperate with them. and if someone that had a restraining order, etc tried to purchase a firearm at a gun show given the absolute abysmal rate of prosecution they would just leave and then purchase weapons on the street.

6) If background checks at gun shows and between individuals becomes law then it will become a personal choice if a citizens decides to obey that law or not. kinda like speeding now, or seat belts.

7) I definitely agree with this, there have already been at least 2 homes that have been broken into as a result of the names of gun owners names and addresses being printed in the journal news in NY. Gun registries are a precursor to gun confiscation, as an example this school board in MO. has no business knowing if there are firearms in my house or not. This information will in no way improve my child's education.

Page 34 of 185 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637 ... LastLast