Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 35 of 185 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Global Posts
    7,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

I really like the way my state handles the background check issue currently (Iowa). Either you A: Apply annually for a permit that allows you to purchase pistols for one year from the date of issue. Background check is performed by the county Sheriff, I think it was like $5 or $10 the one year I did that. or you can B: Use your CCWP, instead. Taking either of these to any sale is required, be it private or dealer sale and that makes sense to me. For long guns you don't need a permit, they spot check those. At no point is anyone recording what you purchased other than for the purposes of a receipt (we don't register them anywhere ever). So the inconvenience is either once per year (about 10 minutes) or once every 5 years (about 45 minutes) and the fees are minimal.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    /SNIP/
    Why would I have ever expected you to treat the article with honesty and dignity? Especially when it has the unmitigated gall to hold the NRA accountable for truly irrational hypocrisy regarding it's past endorsements for universal background checks. This serves as a perfect example of partisanship for partisanship's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Why would I have ever expected you to treat the article with honesty and dignity? Especially when it has the unmitigated gall to hold the NRA accountable for truly irrational hypocrisy regarding it's past endorsements for universal background checks. This serves as a perfect example of partisanship for partisanship's sake.
    I don't feel I was dishonest in anyway, I read each bullet point and expressed my concerns as candidly as I was able. If you took particular offense to my choice of words then I certainly invite you to point that out and I will attempt to explain it in another way.

Also please do not take offense to this, but I would still like to know what your experience level is with firearms, especially the ar-15 that has been in such discussion not only here but in a lot of other places as well.

You can certainly refuse to answer, but I at least hope you will acknowledge the question. If you refuse to answer this time I will not ask again.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I don't feel I was dishonest in anyway, I read each bullet point and expressed my concerns as candidly as I was able. If you took particular offense to my choice of words then I certainly invite you to point that out and I will attempt to explain it in another way.
    It's not your choice of words. It matters not to you how many bodies bleed, period. And all for partisan political purposes. I find that far beyond nauseating of anyone who claims to be an American.

Also please do not take offense to this, but I would still like to know what your experience level is with firearms, especially the ar-15 that has been in such discussion not only here but in a lot of other places as well.
    When I owe you answers about my personal life, I'll let you know. As soon as it becomes a relevant factor, you'll be informed.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's not your choice of words. It matters not to you how many bodies bleed, period. And all for partisan political purposes. I find that far beyond nauseating of anyone who claims to be an American.

When I owe you answers about my personal life, I'll let you know. As soon as it becomes a relevant factor, you'll be informed.
    Too far.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I really like the way my state handles the background check issue currently (Iowa). Either you A: Apply annually for a permit that allows you to purchase pistols for one year from the date of issue. Background check is performed by the county Sheriff, I think it was like $5 or $10 the one year I did that. or you can B: Use your CCWP, instead. Taking either of these to any sale is required, be it private or dealer sale and that makes sense to me. For long guns you don't need a permit, they spot check those. At no point is anyone recording what you purchased other than for the purposes of a receipt (we don't register them anywhere ever). So the inconvenience is either once per year (about 10 minutes) or once every 5 years (about 45 minutes) and the fees are minimal.
    You still have to fill out 4473 which is a record kept on file with that ffl dealer.

/snip/

That means he doesn't know Jack about guns which we knew already by his inaccurate statements.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Too far
    And this inevitably happens when constant personal baiting exists. My apologies.

When I owe you answers about my personal life, I'll let you know.
    You certainly like to meddle in everyone else's personal affairs. Hypocrisy burning.!

And this inevitably happens when constant personal baiting exists. My apologies.
    You're the baiter.....

Tell me again....... How much do you know about guns....... You can use crib sheets.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Nobody has to respond. In fact, I would prefer it.

Thread closed while people cool down.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    nrm5110 and Darth Spock like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Maybe its because he did use an AR-15..... you can take your tinfoil hat off.
    Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Seized from suspects car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

The tinfoil nutters can take it up with this guy who very clearly said "There's no doubt that the rifle was used solely to kill 26 people in that school.The only time Lanza used a handgun at the school was to commit suicide" Lt. J. Paul Vance said....

Address your replies to the parents who had to bury the bodies of their 6 and 7 year old children.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    74 page dialogue and we are no closer to any solution than on page one. Good luck with the next 74.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Welcome to politics.

It's not in the interest of politics to fix anything, just to sit around to collect a paycheck and talk about it till the issue is irrelevant.
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Don't we have a thread dedicated to gun control already?
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Don't we have a thread dedicated to gun control already?
    Indeed, if we can call it that. But, in all honesty it appears this thread might have begun to go off the rails here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/pol...ml#post2538524

My post above was simply directly addressing this misinformation here: "An ar-15 was not used in the school shooting. How is this false?"

Just dotting the i's. No harm intended.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-14-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah I'm just trying to prevent having multiple threads discussing the same topic(s). If they all get derailed into the same topic i'll close some and just keep one open.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

States have no right to regulate their "militias"? Since when? Such a person's claim is unConstitutional and subject to impeachment.

Get set to watch some battles in the court systems over this.

Here's a video for gun control that I can get behind...

Also an interesting article about weapon and ammunition production delays, I am still waiting for my 3 ar-30a1's. Hopefully I will have at least 1 by end of the month. Already started stocking up on ammo for them.

Guns And Ammo Production Maxed Out: "This is a Society Preparing For War"
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-14-2013 at 06:15 PM.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by 2:
    Live2ride883 and cdmjlt369 like this.

For those that do not believe governments can turn on their people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-537022_436459499769620_973396710_n-1.jpg  

Global Posts
    7,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Agree that these laws should not pass as is. Stupid laws are proposed every day in every state. The power of the people is to produce their own candidates to replace these clowns.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
Page 35 of 185 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738 ... LastLast