Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 37 of 185 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: How Many Firearm Deaths In The US Since Sandy Hook Elementary School?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Gun control is not the answer, crime control works...
    Originally Posted by carolinadroid
    Total killed via firearm as of 2/14/2013 = 1,833

Updated total includes those murdered between 2/9/13 and 2/14/2013:
    added by Live2Ride883:Nothing but wasted space....
    Friends and family of the 1,833 murdered since Sandy Hook place a higher value on the lives lost than you clearly do. This insult to the value of their lives is beyond unacceptable. It's disgusting.

Default Re: How Many Firearm Deaths In The US Since Sandy Hook Elementary School?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Friends and family of the 1,833 murdered since Sandy Hook place a higher value on the lives lost than you clearly do. This insult to the value of their lives is beyond unacceptable. It's disgusting.
    Why do you insist on naming the victims, you asked for numbers. Again I pass it to you to provide details.

Show me just 1 of those murders that was not committed as a direct result of a crime. Either by another criminal or someone trying to stop that criminal.

Make the criminal responsible for their actions and I guarantee you crime will go down

Capital crimes to include, murder rape etc should be punished by the death penalty.

Severe time for robberies, then it goes up if the criminal used a gun and hurt someone.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

I place a higher value on the life of a law abiding citizen, than on that of a criminal.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Exactly, so how come Obama waited 4 years before he did anything? People have been getting killed all along. It's because he's marching to the tune of his own agenda rather than fixing the problem. Shame on him!
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

You asked for numbers.
    This is false.

Show me just 1 of those murders that was not committed as a direct result of a crime.
    What? You do understand that murder/homicide/manslaughter is a crime resulting in death, correct? To follow your question to its final, logical conclusion ... You are asking for a list of "accidental" shootings which resulted in death. That is not the subject of this thread. Nor is this political.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Closed. Running theme in this section it seems.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:
    mooscnrm5110 

Default Joe Biden tips for self-defense: get a shotgun

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...30220?irpc=932

You gotta admit, he's got a point.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Joe Biden tips for self-defense: get a shotgun

I'm not a big gun proponent, but Biden's comments struck me funny. For starters, I'd rather have 30 chances to take down an intruder than 2, using his examples. What I didn't hear about when news of his comments first broke, is apparently his idea of home defense is not only to limit yourself to two shots (unless the intruder is nice enough to let you reload if you didn't get him with the first rounds), but to completely waste them by shooting them off a balcony or out a window (and hopefully not through your neighbor's house)???
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I'm not a big gun proponent, but Biden's comments struck me funny. For starters, I'd rather have 30 chances to take down an intruder than 2, using his examples.
    For starters, when was the last time you or your neighbor had to spray the walls to defend yourself? Golly-geeee, but ... wouldn't a 9mm w/10-round clip suffice when you have to fight off the Mexican drug cartels who have targeted your dvd player for theft? :heavysarcasm:

What I didn't hear about when news of his comments first broke, is apparently his idea of home defense is not only to limit yourself to two shots (unless the intruder is nice enough to let you reload if you didn't get him with the first rounds), but to completely waste them by shooting them off a balcony or out a window (and hopefully not through your neighbor's house)???
    Since it has been shown that a warning shot is sufficient to send packing those who break in to your home, this was the example Uncle Joe was relaying. Only 8% of those who own firearms fire them at another person in self defense.

I can afford my own fighter jet. Why can't I own one?

Reasonable people will be reasonable.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and MERCDROID like this.

But the best part is where he tell his wife to go out on the porch and fire off a couple of rounds if she thinks someone is in the creepy wooded area outside his house. I'm sure the secret service is totally on board with that.

I'm still laughing ......LMAO!!

I'm not a big gun proponent, but Biden's comments struck me funny. For starters, I'd rather have 30 chances to take down an intruder than 2, using his examples. What I didn't hear about when news of his comments first broke, is apparently his idea of home defense is not only to limit yourself to two shots (unless the intruder is nice enough to let you reload if you didn't get him with the first rounds), but to completely waste them by shooting them off a balcony or out a window (and hopefully not through your neighbor's house)???
    Biden also said, "If you can't hit the deer on the 2nd or 3rd shot, well, you shouldn't be hunting." If you're so deathly afraid of being broken in that you need 30 rounds in your magazine, is that rational?

nolittdroid and Darth Spock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Biden also said, "If you can't hit the deer on the 2nd or 3rd shot, well, you shouldn't be hunting." If you're so deathly afraid of being broken in that you need 30 rounds in your magazine, is that rational?

Hunting and self defense are two different arguments, and I would disagree with him on that one too. Guns are what allow a short, 100 lb woman to defend herself against a muscular 250 lb intruder. They are the great equalizer. I just want to be more equal.
    Thanked by:

Hunting and self defense are two different arguments, and I would disagree with him on that one too. Guns are what allow a short, 100 lb woman to defend herself against a muscular 250 lb intruder. They are the great equalizer. I just want to be more equal.
    And I'm not going to argue with you on that. I agree with you that you have the right to defend yourself.

I think the point Biden is trying to make, and I'd argue it's a reasonable one, is that self defense doesn't require 30 rounds of rifle caliber ammunition. It's hard for me to imagine a plausible scenario of home burglary defense where that level of firepower is necessary.

Joe Biden is saying, you can defend your home with a shotgun just as well. And I can't see any reason to disagree with him, tbh.

ROM
    Stock

I have both. But I prefer the "evil assault rifle". Why, you ask?
    Let me ask you. Have you done room or house clearance drills with either one? Unless it's a pistol gripped, combat shotgun, the defensive rifle is lighter, shorter, and greatly more maneuverable. The .223 bullet will penetrate significantly less than the 12 gauge OO buck, and even less than 9mm handgun rounds.
    It's safer, for others both inside and outside your home.
    It's also much easier to shoot, and consequently to make hits with. It has much less recoil than the shotgun, making followup shots quicker. And remember, you're legally liable for misses that hit or destroy or kill other than your target.

Some comments seem logical, but they are based on ignorance of how these devices work. If you don't know, it's okay to admit it, I'm happy to help you.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddytee View Post
    I have both. But I prefer the "evil assault rifle". Why, you ask?
    Let me ask you. Have you done room or house clearance drills with either one? Unless it's a pistol gripped, combat shotgun, the defensive rifle is lighter, shorter, and greatly more maneuverable. The .223 bullet will penetrate significantly less than the 12 gauge OO buck, and even less than 9mm handgun rounds.
    It's safer, for others both inside and outside your home.
    It's also much easier to shoot, and consequently to make hits with. It has much less recoil than the shotgun, making followup shots quicker. And remember, you're legally liable for misses that hit or destroy or kill other than your target.

Some comments seem logical, but they are based on ignorance of how these devices work. If you don't know, it's okay to admit it, I'm happy to help you.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.
    Er yeah, kind of making Biden's point - he's not suggesting a shotgun for house to house raids, is he?

My 11 year old daughter has no issues handling an ar-15, neither does my wife. Both can field strip one in less than 90 seconds.

droidmyme, have you fired an ar-15, and a shotgun?

What does the second amendment have to do with hunting?

CR6 and rossbow like this.

My 11 year old daughter has no issues handling an ar-15, neither does my wife. Both can field strip one in less than 90 seconds.

droidmyme, have you fired an ar-15, and a shotgun?
    That's great. Doesn't have anything to do with the subject at hand, but great.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

But those nifty home drills with the kids and firearms gets them prepared for the hovering black stealth choppers, dontcha know!
    MERCDROID likes this.

No, I'm seriously applauding him. Good job, that's impressive, taking part in his families life like that.

But, it doesn't have anything to do with the subject of the thread, which is self defense. Knowing how to strip and assemble a weapon is a valuable skill for troops, who are firing live rounds everyday. My question is, does protecting your house from burglars require you know how to strip and assemble a weapon? Nope.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

No, I'm seriously applauding him. Good job, that's impressive, taking part in his families life like that.

But, it doesn't have anything to do with the subject of the thread, which is self defense. Knowing how to strip and assemble a weapon is a valuable skill for troops, who are firing live rounds everyday. My question is, does protecting your house from burglars require you know how to strip and assemble a weapon? Nope.
    Actually, I was referring to bigdaddytee's statement about performing room/house clearance drills with these firearms. Training your child to be prepared and armed to fight the government is beyond cruel. It's abusive and disturbed. And when push comes to shove, the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with this non-issue. Reasonable people will be reasonable.

Actually it does, he said that shotguns are easier to handle, shoot and aim than an ar-15. I am stating that from the experience of teaching my wife and daughter how to handle firearms they are not. The recoil from a 12 gauge would probably be too much for my daughter.

Actually it does, he said that shotguns are easier to handle, shoot and aim than an ar-15. I am stating that from the experience of teaching my wife and daughter how to handle firearms they are not. The recoil from a 12 gauge would probably be too much for my daughter.
    Can't imagine a situation where your daughter would need to be shooting an AR-15 to defend herself against an intruder. Do you leave your daughter alone in the House with guns? No? So why should "a shotgun has too much recoil for my 12 year old daughter" be a reasonable argument against gun control?

If someone is attempting to break into my house I have no idea what type of weapon they are carrying. So you had better believe that regardless of what they are carrying I am going to be better armed and prepared than they are.

There could be several of the with each one carrying a Smith & Wesson M&P 40 cal. with 16 round magazines.

I haven't been deer hunting in a long time but I'm pretty sure that shooting at a deer 2-3 times isn't that uncommon.

Page 37 of 185 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast