Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 40 of 185 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4617
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: Joe Biden tips for self-defense: get a shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    He still ran though.

Sorry, most common crooks will run in the face of armed opposition. Doesn't need to be an assault rifle. A shotgun is very intimidating.

My opinion is that, with guns laws being so strict on felons, most "home intruders" are unlikely to carry a rifle. Any statistics show that's not true?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    WAIT! So you think criminals CARE about gun restrictions and laws?

HAHAHAHA

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I don't want someone making the choice for ME. They are free to have their weapon of choice or no weapon at all. I stay out of their business, they need to stay out of mine. Besides this fear mongering about "assault weapons" is getting old. My handgun is now considered an assault weapon in NY.

The fear mongering and lies about AR-15's is just stupid.

So by your logic I can place landmines in my front yard and give my child an RPG. Civil society has rules that we have all live by. If not you go to jail. Even Scalia has stated that the second ammendment does not entitle you to any gun you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I don't want my target at CLOSE RANGE at all.

No disrespect Kelly. We are discussing self defense. I think that means, in most cases, the danger is a lot closer then we want it to be.

Not arguing your choice of armament.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by cschaepe View Post
    So by your logic I can place landmines in my front yard and give my child an RPG. Civil society has rules that we have all live by. If not you go to jail. Even Scalia has stated that the second ammendment does not entitle you to any gun you want.

Nope, cause landmines in your yard is not legal nor or RPG's.

What isn't true?

It's isn't true to say "Because of the 2nd Amendment, I have the right to choose any weapon I desire to defend myself."

You have the right to defend yourself and bear arms, but that right is not extended to ANY weapon. The principle is that you can have a weapon, but not just any weapon.

The reason for Mr. Biden's point.

msndrstood likes this.

Lol wait, I thought you wanted unrestricted choice of weapons? You said "I can choose whatever I want to defend myself!"

An ar-15 is not military grade (select fire) hardware, it is the civilian version of the m4 carbine. The ar-15 is semi-automatic which fires one round for each pull of the trigger.

The m4 is selective fire, which means it can be semi automatic as described above, it can fire a 3 round burst, or it can be fully automatic.

In the first link below pay particular attention to the second paragraph concerning the ar-15. (The select-fire AR-15 entered the US military system as the M16 rifle. Colt then marketed the Colt AR-15 as a semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle for civilian sales in 1963.)
    AR-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These additional links are to show source information for the definitions used.
    M4 Carbine: M4 carbine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Selective fire reference: Selective fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Kelly Kearns and TheOtherBill like this.

And when/if it's decided that military assault weapons are not legal to be owned by civilians the you will be on the wrong side of the law.
    I would love to drive any speed I want but we have passed laws. That sucks for me if we pass an assault weapons ban it will suck for you.

Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

Lol wait, I thought you wanted unrestricted choice of weapons? You said "I can choose whatever I want to defend myself!"

Nope not unrestricted. That would be insane.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    As was pointed out in another thread a member of the military cannot use their own personal weapons in place of the one issued to them.

Also I was not ordered to surrender my personal firearms.
    Not the question asked. Try again?

It's isn't true to say "Because of the 2nd Amendment, I have the right to choose any weapon I desire to defend myself."

You have the right to defend yourself and bear arms, but that right is not extended to ANY weapon. The principle is that you can have a weapon, but not just any weapon.

The reason for Mr. Biden's point.

Never said "any weapon" at all. The lies about the guns these days is the problem. Semi-automatic guns still only shoot 1 bullet per trigger pull.

TheOtherBill likes this.

And when/if it's decided that military assault weapons are not legal to be owned by civilians the you will be on the wrong side of the law.
    I would love to drive any speed I want but we have passed laws. That sucks for me if we pass an assault weapons ban it will suck for you.

Military assault weapons??

See? The lies and misinformation.

Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I don't want someone making the choice for ME
    As a citizen in a civil society, that choice is, has, and always will be made for you.

The fear mongering and lies about AR-15's is just stupid.
    This simply isn't happening.

Assault weapons (select fire) have not been available (legally) for civilians to purchase new since the mid 80's. Select fire assault weapons manufactured prior to 86 I think was the year are still available for purchase by civilians. However they require an extensive background check by the FBI/ATF, local law enforcement also has to sign off and be advised in advance of anytime you transport the weapon. There are also significant fee's and taxes not to mention the constantly rising price of these weapons as there are fewer available every year.

If droidmemy decides a shotgun is fine for defense of his home then I have no problem with that, if he chooses not to own any weapon for self defense that is his choice as well. However if I decide that my home and property need a weapon that has sufficient stopping power, ease of use, and accuracy for protection then that is my choice.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    No disrespect Kelly. We are discussing self defense. I think that means, in most cases, the danger is a lot closer then we want it to be.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    That's a good point. Despite the protests of Live2Ride, the fact is, the M4 carbine is intended to be a long range weapon. And self defense is about protecting your life. It doesn't require long-range stopping power.

I don't see how a rifle barrel for long range is necessary for self defense. Sorry. I also have a choice of weapons to defend myself. And I fail to see the need for an assault rifle. In fact, I don't even carry a weapon.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

And that choice/decision of legality was not made by you.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    I do not want my target to have to be right in front of me either.

Also a shotgun is not good when I go out and CCW.

There is a reason the Clinton ban was not renewed.

First, most things that clasify something as an assault weapon, is cosmetic. Second very few assault weapons were used in crimes,it is generally handguns.

That's a good point. Despite the protests of Live2Ride, the fact is, the M4 carbine is intended to be a long range weapon. And self defense is about protecting your life. It doesn't require long-range stopping power.

I don't see how a rifle barrel for long range is necessary for self defense. Sorry. I also have a choice of weapons to defend myself. And I fail to see the need for an assault rifle. In fact, I don't even carry a weapon.

An M4 Carbine is a select fire military weapon. An ar-15 is the semi-automatic CIVILIAN version of that weapon.

Once again talk to the shop owners that successfully defended their stores during the LA riots with........ ar-15's

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    And that choice of legality was not made by you.
    What??

Ummm...they represent us or they are SUPPOSED to. "We the People" not We the Government.

Never said "any weapon" at all. The lies about the guns these days is the problem. Semi-automatic guns still only shoot 1 bullet per trigger pull.

Well you did but I will let that slide. Now that we have agreed that there should restrictions the question is what restrictions. The current proposal revolves around mag size and physical configuration. I haven't heard any lies about the ar15 I know what it can do without having to fire one.

30000 guns deaths a year and people think the problem is not enough guns.

Sent from my SCH-I535fire using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I do not want my target to have to be right in front of me either.

Also a shotgun is not good when I go out and CCW.

There is a reason the Clinton ban was not renewed.

First, most things that clasify something as an assault weapon, is cosmetic. Second very few assault weapons were used in crimes,it is generally handguns.
    Tell It To This Guy

Talk to the shop owners that successfully drove off robbers with handguns?

C'mon, this tit for tat is kind of silly.

*edit* oh, and you didn't refute the fact that the M4 is a long range weapon? You're a military guy, you know that.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

What??

Ummm...they represent us or they are SUPPOSED to. "We the People" not We the Government.
    Can't come to terms that you have your choices made for you in a civil society? Bummer, huh?
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Talk to the shop owners that successfully drove off robbers with handguns?

C'mon, this tit for tat is kind of silly.
    What does one expect from the intellectually unarmed?

Military grade weapons can be owned by citizens. It is a big deal and a lot of money to own one. A semi-automatic rifle is NOT a military grade weapon.

An AR-15 is a high powered .22 and a semi-auto handgun is not military grade. You seem to think these are automatic machine guns.

Thanked by 2:
Page 40 of 185 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast