Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 42 of 185 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4617
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: Joe Biden tips for self-defense: get a shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Actually he didn't say the AR-15 was fully automatic. But even so, it's not hard to see why people can make that mistake when there are conversion kits and guides readily available on the Internet.

People aren't stupid. It's not that much of a stretch to take a weapon based on a fully automatic assault rifle and convert it.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Did you even watch that video? The narrator states that the conversion took place pre-1984.

Now tell me how easy it is to convert an ar-15 to full auto....

Carrier
    Stock

Oops :o

So the M4 carbine is shorter range and more compact than the M16 yeah I didn't know that.

Still doesn't make my original point wrong
    Seriously? The facts, as they always should, completely invalidated your uninformed opinion...and yet you defend your erroneous, factless conclusions.

That isn't rational. Get some knowledge, before you have an opinion. Honestly, you're a bright guy. Don't accept less from yourself. Keeping an opinion, after facts prove it wrong, only makes you look foolish.

I wish you the best. And I'm willing to help. But you have to be willing to be helped.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

Actually he didn't say the AR-15 was fully automatic. But even so, it's not hard to see why people can make that mistake when there are conversion kits and guides readily available on the Internet.

People aren't stupid. It's not that much of a stretch to take a weapon based on a fully automatic assault rifle and convert it.

Really? Conversion kits on the market to convert a semi to full, you could order this today and receive in a week? And now you're a gunsmith and you know how to convert them? Please take that big foot of yours out of your mouth because you know not which what you speaketh.

In the original link the article states "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's advice for self-defense: Buy a shotgun, not an assault rifle.'

I am here to defend my choice of ANY readily available firearm to defend our lives, home, or place of business that we may own.
    bigdaddytee, Markster1 and Etios like this.

You implied that live2ride's ar15 was better than a fully auto weapon.

Oops :o

So the M4 carbine is shorter range and more compact than the M16 yeah I didn't know that.

Still doesn't make my original point wrong
    Opinions differ

Nite all.......be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    In the original link the article states "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's advice for self-defense: Buy a shotgun, not an assault rifle.'

I am here to defend my choice of ANY readily available firearm to defend our lives, home, or place of business that we may own.
    That's the point. Laws have been passed by Congress to prevent everyday citizens from access to any kind of weapon. The goal of gun control is to extend those laws to cover assault rifles with large capacity magazines. Mr. Biden is explaining how there are viable alternatives to self defense, namely, the shotgun and it's variants.

Sorry I could not directly reply to all the posts - hard to carry on 3 conversations at once.

That's the point. Laws have been passed by Congress to prevent everyday citizens from access to any kind of weapon. The goal of gun control is to extend those laws to cover assault rifles with large capacity magazines. Mr. Biden is explaining how there are viable alternatives to self defense, namely, the shotgun and it's variants.

Sorry I could not directly reply to all the posts - hard to carry on 3 conversations at once.

But whats the goal in getting assault rifles off the street?

Its not to get high powered guns banned, there are far far more powerful guns that are legal.

Its not to drastically reduce gun deaths when most homicides are done with pistols.

Its not to stop high capacity killing when someone with 10rd magazines could achieve the same effect.....who is going to charge someone with a gun?

Tougher laws addressing the criminals and maybe just maybe, the "grace" of GOD, will reduce violence in our streets.

Sure, if you remove an ar15, you may remove the chance of another newtown but you may have also prevented a person's ability to defend themselves as well. Yep, both of them could use another type of gun....logic runs both ways.

There's another underlying power going after the "ar15" and when they get that they'll target other weapons until voila, guns are gone. Then you'll see who the real criminals are!
    Live2ride883 likes this.

So you think it's OK to make criminals out of millions of Americans that own these weapons legally because of the actions of a few criminals?

If we're gonna go there then let's outlaw cars due to the actions of a minority of people that drive under the influence of alcohol and injure/kill other people. I can safely say there were more people killed due to drunk drivers last year than there were by ar-15's

You can always take a horse and buggy where ever you go. We are not restricting your right or ability to travel, just the speed at which you can travel.
    TheOtherBill likes this.

droidmemy I hope you will watch the following video which will demonstrate the impact of various weapons of several types from a 9mm, ar-15, shotgun, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Tell it to this guy: http://www.suntimes.com/csp/cms/site...YPE=image/jpeg [Miami Police Chief John Timoney (pictured in 2007) says assault weapons were used in about 4 percent of all homicides in 2004 in Miami as the ban expired. Now, Timoney says, the number is about 21 percent.

He may just be more intellectually honest, experienced, and knowledgeable than all the 2nd amendment chickenhawks - combined.

police-chiefs-are-right-ban-assault-weapons
    Oath Keepers » Blog Archive » Saratoga County Sheriff’s Association Stands Against NY “Safe Act”

The county sheriff is usually considered the chief law enforcement officer of that county, giving the sheriffs office superiority over the police chief.

Also in Florida.

Florida Sheriffs Association Says

I think the point of a shotgun is, that you don't have to use it. Just the sound of cocking it or even firing it into the ground/air, will make intruders run scared.
    msndrstood and Aquila like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Irrelevant. He used military weapons in that case because they are superior to any non class 3 civilian weapon.
    Wrong again. Military weapons are used on duty because they are deemed most appropriate ("superior" or not) for their intended use ... by those above him in government.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

You got democracy confused with communism sister.
    The government of the United States is tasked with public safety on civil and military levels. Within its pervue, it always has, is, and shall delineate which weapons will be produced for the public market and which are produced solely for military use. These are facts not in dispute by reasonable people.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

But whats the goal in getting assault rifles off the street?

Its not to get high powered guns banned, there are far far more powerful guns that are legal.

Its not to drastically reduce gun deaths when most homicides are done with pistols.

Its not to stop high capacity killing when someone with 10rd magazines could achieve the same effect.....who is going to charge someone with a gun?

Tougher laws addressing the criminals and maybe just maybe, the "grace" of GOD, will reduce violence in our streets.

Sure, if you remove an ar15, you may remove the chance of another newtown but you may have also prevented a person's ability to defend themselves as well. Yep, both of them could use another type of gun....logic runs both ways.

There's another underlying power going after the "ar15" and when they get that they'll target other weapons until voila, guns are gone. Then you'll see who the real criminals are!
    Tell Your Delusions To This Guy

Wrong again. Military weapons are used on duty because they are deemed most appropriate ("superior" or not) for their intended use ... by those above him in government.
    Sorry but you're wrong. Read the Geneva Convention next time you have some free time.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Sorry but you're wrong. Read the Geneva Convention next time you have some free time.
    Which one?
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

No sir. I don't have any reason to doubt your service.

I enjoy debating, but I like to keep it civil. So thank you for your service to the country
    Considering the author of idiotic claims such as Obama's Forged Docs, "Should" Obama be impeached, Obama DIRECTLY funds HAMAS, etc, nothing is beyond this person. Besides, have you seen his original, long-form birth certificate?
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post

As long as we remember the key word, advice. It is his opinion, not a law, requirement or edict. No need to defend your choice, your opinion, your right. No disrespect intended live2ride. But I think you know that.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

The government of the United States is tasked with public safety on civil and military levels. Within its pervue, it always has, is, and shall delineate which weapons will be produced for the public market and which are produced solely for military use. These are facts not in dispute by reasonable people.
    The government didn't start the control of firearms til around 1968 almost 200 years since it's inception so tell me again they've always done this?
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

The government didn't start the control of firearms til around 1968 almost 200 years since it's inception so tell me again they've always done this?
    Read more. Post less. Start with 17th century English Common law and work from there.
    Aquila likes this.

Here's the best solution to common sense gun safety..Firearms and self-defense-uploadfromtaptalk1361453107713.jpg

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    msndrstood likes this.

That's not gun safety, that's gun censorship.

Gun safety would be never pointing a gun at someone.
    Live2ride883 and Etios like this.

Read more. Post less. Start with 17th century English Common law and work from there.
    Show me from your timeline that people were restricted on the types of guns they could own.
Page 42 of 185 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 ... LastLast