Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Or the person who owns the shotgun shouldn't leave it lying around for a child to find?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

If only the Newton shooter mom was a gun owner her life and all those kids would have been saved.

You right, let's make it easier for people to get guns.

I am not anti gun really, I am anti large gun. No need for more than a ten round magazine.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    You refuse to go there in addressing RPG launchers because you know it, conceptually, is at the heart of the argument. Our society has always made choices on what is allowable in a civil society ..... and what is not allowable. Why are you opposed to the nation making a choice based upon today's standards and kill data? If the laughable examples of instruments of death that you cite (hammers, shovels, etc) had reached a level of critical mass in exacting out death, you still equivocate about ending their production. Only a terribly irresponsible nation (and its people) would continue to allow a product to be produced when it is statistically responsible for civilian, innocent deaths. The other major fly in your reasoning is that a product whose only design intent is to produce physical harm to other persons is not equivalent to hammers and shovels. Just ask the FBI. They know better. Why don't you?

The truth doesn't change dependent upon your presence. Making it personal [see above post for evidence] should be beneath you (and others). Yet, your selective silence where their childishness is concerned is blinding, indeed.
    Truth:
    RPGs are not firearms
    Alcohol is designed only to produce physical harm to humans, yet some humans enjoy using it. It's also not a firearm, so this is as valid as your RPG comment. Why are we not banning liquor sales (only liquor in bottles that are scary, though) if we want to prevent harm and death? <---This is how stupid it looks anytime someone compares a bomb, grenade, tank or RPG to a rifle.

My "examples" were of items people could use to kill others if they chose, and I never said they should be banned. I only asked how people like yourself, who think banning weapons based on the shape of their stock will solve anything, would handle it when they are used to hurt others. You could answer that, but you won't.

You say I'm opposed to an assault weapon ban. I have said that I don't particularly care, but am smart enough to know it will make no difference. Stop putting words into my mouth.
    What I have said, and I will single you out, is that people who are pushing for a ban on "assault weapons" are looking for an easy way out that makes them feel like they accomplished something. You think you can stop some violent crime by banning a gun that you are afraid of. You can't. It won't happen, and you will have wasted millions of dollars, thousands and thousands of man-hours, and will be left with people using other means to kill just as many people. But it's easy and you can act smug, making it a win-win for you.

As far as the comments of others, they are allowed to say things you don't like. As long as the rules of this forum aren't being broken, and they are not, I encourage everyone to post at will.
    Last edited by Jerry Hildenbrand; 01-20-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    If we are going to force manufacturer's to stop making products based on public safety we won't have any manufacturer s left. Anything produced by man can and will be abused by man.

True military grade weapons are extremely expensive and difficult to obtain in the US. They require special permits from the FBI, and you must notify local law enforcement if you are even transporting them. I am only speaking of the machine gun I am not aware if a private citizen can even own an RPG launcher. However I do believe you are shifting the point. I don't recall any mall, school, or theater shootings in the US using an RPG.

Earlier someone said something about defending yourself against a tyrannical government was nuts. Why don't you do a YouTube search for the battle of Tennessee. A brief account of the story is this. After WWII returning veteran's in this small Tennessee town found the corrupt sheriff and governor was rigging elections. Well these vet's broke into the Armory and held the sheriff and his deputies and also retrieved the stolen ballot boxes so a proper count could take place. Here is a link to the video

A gun is a defensive weapon, it is the choice of the person holding it that decides what it is used for. I have never been to a gun show or seen any gun advertised that it is designed for the criminal act. I do not see posters of muggers, thieves, or rapists stating how much better that particular weapon is for them.

The truth is there are evil men in this world and they will find a way to do evil things. Personally I think we should get rid of gun free zones, every mass shooting in the last 20 years except one was in a gun free zone. Every person that has committed one of these crimes has been under some type of mental health care, which under current law should have prevented them from getting the guns legally. They are CRIMINALS, they are not going to obey the laws currently in effect so do you honestly think one or one hundred more laws are going to make a difference to them?

Why did VP Joe Biden make the statement that we don't have the time to prosecute people that lie on the background check paperwork, but yet they want more restrictive gun laws?

My 11 year old daughter is a better marksman than my 15 year old son simply because she enjoys shooting more than he does and she practices A LOT. Hardly a weekend goes by that we do not go to the farm or a range. My kids know gun safety, they know that they are not toys and they do respect the inherit danger in handling a weapon. I carry a weapon every time I leave the house, if I have to enter a gun free zone I simply leave it in the car or on the bike. My kids always stay on my left side when we go out simply because my gun is always on my right side unless I am on the bike.
    Smart man.

I never leave without mine either.

They call me paranoid, im no more paranoid than people who use seat belts, have life insurance, or have fire extinguishers in their home.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Thanked by:
    Markster1 likes this.

Good.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yes!

Some smart and totally responsible gun ownership there. Let leave the loaded gun in a car. Or a bike(I assume you mean motorcycle). No one ever breaks in and steals those.

Isn't part of responsible ownership being in control of your weapon at all times?

ROM
    Stock

That's a good point. He wouldn't have to leave it, if government didn't create "gun free zones".

Thus, government forces him to leave it, creating a danger where none existed before.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.
    Markster1 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Right blame the government instead of taking personal responsibility.

The responsible thing to do would be to leave it at home when you know you have to go to an area like that.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Shall we just keep the "responsible gun owner body count" going?

Officials: New Mexico teen fatally shot 2 adults, 3 children | KOB.com

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Right blame the government instead of taking personal responsibility.

The responsible thing to do would be to leave it at home when you know you have to go to an area like that.

Not really because a lot of government/gun free zones are in some bad areas and the responsible thing would be to have it with you. So technically it IS the government's fault.

Although I wouldn't leave it on a bike...

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Default semiautomatic rifle NOT used at Newtown, Conn shooting!!!!!

There were only 4 handguns were used. They also stated that Adam Lana tried to buy an AR-15 style rifle in another town but EXISTING laws stopped him. He was at the school within a week of the shooting and was in some type of altercation with school officials.

Investigation is 'very complex' - Video on TODAY.com
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

I will respond to the issue of where I leave my gun what I have to enter a gun free zone. I have these in my truck and on my bike. I am a responsible gun owner.

Since you cannot see them I will tell you that there are 2 steel bolts holding the bike safe directly to the frame, they are torqued to over 150 ft lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-console_vault_1-1-.jpg   Firearms and self-defense-harleygunstorage.jpg  
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-21-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    ConTejas likes this.

Anyone want to debate this truth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-603088_420091154739788_2132170739_n.jpg  

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I will respond to the issue of where I leave my gun what I have to enter a gun free zone. I have these in my truck and on my bike. I am a responsible gun owner.

Since you cannot see them I will tell you that there are 2 steel bolts holding the bike safe directly to the frame, they are torqued to over 150 ft lbs.
    Doesn't matter, I steal the car or bike I have all the time and tools, to take what I want.

Doesn't matter, I steal the car or bike I have all the time and tools, to take what I want.

Samething if someone breaks into my house and uses a torch to cut open my gun safe. I do everything I can to keep my guns safe and away from people that would use them for crime.

Someone could also steal my truck and run it through a school playground during recess, someone could grab an Axe off the shelf at any Walmart or hardware store and start hacking away at people.

If you like gun free countries so much you are more than welcome to move to one...
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-21-2013 at 11:11 AM.

ConTejas likes this.

Carolinadroid I am going to ask a serious question, and please take time to answer seriously.

Just how many personal freedoms are you willing to sacrifice for the illusion of security?
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-25-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Samething if someone breaks into my house and uses a torch to cut open my gun safe. I do everything I can to keep my guns safe and away from people that would use them for crime.

Someone could also steal my truck and run it through a school playground during recess, someone could grab an Axe off the shelf at any Walmart or hardware store and start hacking away at people.

If you like gun free countries so much you are more than welcome to move to one...
    You analogy doesn't hold water. The time and equipment needed to hack into a real gun safe would not make it feasible to do so.

You are giving those criminals just an easy transportation method and not being very responsible.

And the same token applies to you, if you would like a county where you can carry your gun, any gun, wherever you like, there are plenty of countries you can do that in. The middle east and Africa just to name a few.

It is working well there. Have a nice trip

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Carolinadroid I am going to ask a serious question, and please take time to answer seriously.

Just how many personal freedoms are you willing to sacrifice for the illusion of security?
    The Bush era was rife with exactly what you are asking. The Patriot act was nothing but a stomp on freedoms in the name of security. We're you as outraged? Are You still? Just the other day the FBI was asked to release their guidelines on surveillance and they sent 200 blank pages in return.

Are you just as outraged by that?

And what freedom are you being asked to give up? No one is taking your gun.

How am I responsible for someone stealing my bike or truck, it's not like I am leaving the keys in either one.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-21-2013 at 12:23 PM.

At for me, I am a patriot. I stand with and for the Constitution.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

The fact that what weapons we own can be dictated at all is an affront to this nation. There are far more law abiding safe gun owners than not and as a soldier I am insulted that I can use a weapon overseas but my end up unable to own one that has the same look and feel because you think its more dangerous when in actuality over 6000 homicides per year on average are committed using handguns not "assault" weapons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Since the tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary was what started this round of gun debates I thought everyone should have a chance to see this video.

Investigation is 'very complex' - Video on TODAY.com

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

You are an irresponsible gun owner if you leave your gun unattended.

nolittdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

You are an irresponsible gun owner if you leave your gun unattended.

This is true

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Very few people know there is a weapon in my vehicle, I feel safe leaving it under lock and key.As for someone breaking into my truck etc, unless I am on my way to or from work my wife usually goes to the bank/post office etc with me. So normally only one of us goes in, so technically it's not left unattended..

The best answer has already been presented and that is get rid of gun free zones.

Thanked by:
    King Howie likes this.
Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast