Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 50 of 185 FirstFirst ... 47484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4617
Like Tree2067Likes

Default Re: Joe Biden tips for self-defense: get a shotgun

Quote of the day: Arguing about gun control with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and then strut around like it's victorious.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by 2:

It's like this....

With number 1 I may not be able to stop them, but I can certainly take more of them with me if I have an ar-15/ar-30. Than if I was restricted to a shotgun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firearms and self-defense-225281_440425126039724_1459476598_n.jpg  
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This thread got personal. Closed.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Default 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

In response to the strict gun control laws that have been passed in New York, and that have been proposed in other states weapons manufacturers are refusing to sell their weapons to law enforcement departments in these states. The reason they are using is that if average citizens cannot legally own and use their products then it would be unfair for police to have them either.

To date according to the link below there are 44 such companies.

44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

What do you think of this move by businesses?

Personally I think it's a smart move, the respect they will gain from gun owners will by far outweigh the profit they may see from those contracts. Additionally they are standing up for what's right, during a time when our second amendment rights are under attack.

44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States |

Please keep comments civil, I would even hesitate to post sarcastic, or abrasive humor as it can easily be taken the wrong way.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

Some big names there. Also some big names missing. Not sure this will make a difference without those names.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Some big names there. Also some big names missing. Not sure this will make a difference without those names.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm hoping that the more names we get, will get us those bigger names that are missing.

Sounds like an interesting answer to all the companies divesting gun manufacturers from their retirement plans.

I think the feds will just buy foreign makes and models. I do support the move though. Also I found out that George Soros is actually buying controlling interest
    in some of these companies. Well George do you have a plan? I also think that the companies that are divesting are actually losing out on profits owed to their clients.
    The gun companies have been making pretty huge profits as a result of all the legislation. It actually might be time to buy, or maybe r its already too late. Hard to say.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

If "anti-2nd amendment States" exist, kindly point us to their proposals which specifically call for the repeal of the right to bear arms within their constitutions.
    KentuckyHouse and randall2580 like this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    If "anti-2nd amendment States" exist, kindly point us to their proposals which specifically call for the repeal of the right to bear arms within their constitutions.
    I think it's more along the lines of "extreme gun control measures" which, yes, can be open to discussion as to what that means. But there are states that have stricter gun control vs those that don't. Obviously no State can outright not allow the Second Amendment to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    I think the feds will just buy foreign makes and models. I do support the move though. Also I found out that George Soros is actually buying controlling interest
    in some of these companies. Well George do you have a plan? I also think that the companies that are divesting are actually losing out on profits owed to their clients.
    The gun companies have been making pretty huge profits as a result of all the legislation. It actually might be time to buy, or maybe r its already too late. Hard to say.

Around here "new" weapons are getting harder to find, I placed an order earlier this month and I am still waiting for the first one.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I think it's more along the lines of "extreme gun control measures" which, yes, can be open to discussion as to what that means.
    For many of those who constantly trumpet a lack of appreciation for why a 2nd amendment was included in the first place, any move, whatsoever, to remove deadly weapons from the public market which are apt to cause mass casualties, it is all considered "extreme'. If only they would study the 150 years of our history prior to our "founding" to better appreciate the constant evolution of what is meant to keep and bear arms. Today's overused phrase is an abomination.

But there are states that have stricter gun control vs those that don't. Obviously no State can outright not allow the Second Amendment to exist.
    States have every right to regulate. My reference to "constitution" was a reference to each state's constitution. Lacking proposals to repeal the right to keep and bear arms in each State's constitution, clearly there are no "anti-2nd amendment States".

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Maybe now you can understand the anger and outrage about abortion rights that are guaranteed by law but are under assault by Red states to deny a woman a legally mandated medical procedure because of the beliefs of the religious right. You want your gun rights (and guns DO kill people) but you do not want to afford women the right to control their bodies. We will never see eye to eye on these issues unless we admit the fact that these are both rights not to be infringed upon by the other.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    For many of those who constantly trumpet a lack of appreciation for why a 2nd amendment was included in the first place, any move, whatsoever, to remove deadly weapons from the public market which are apt to cause mass casualties, it is all considered "extreme'. If only they would study the 150 years of our history prior to our "founding" to better appreciate the constant evolution of what is meant to keep and bear arms. Today's overused phrase is an abomination.

States have every right to regulate. My reference to "constitution" was a reference to each state's constitution. Lacking proposals to repeal the right to keep and bear arms in each State's constitution, clearly there are no "anti-2nd amendment States".
    I know that States can be more strict than Federal law, but I'm not sure that they can just cleanly go in the face of Federal law. At least, I would expect it to be challenged at some level in the courts if it's really anti-Federal level.

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Maybe now you can understand the anger and outrage about abortion rights that are guaranteed by law but are under assault by Red states to deny a woman a legally mandated medical procedure because of the beliefs of the religious right. You want your gun rights (and guns DO kill people) but you do not want to afford women the right to control their bodies. We will never see eye to eye on these issues unless we admit the fact that these are both rights not to be infringed upon by the other.

via Gnex
    I hope this isn't getting too side tracked, but it seems with any recent gun debate, it isn't long before someone tries to tie in the abortion debate with it. I see them as two separate issues (guns to kill for self defense vs. killing an innocent unborn child). I'm not 100% anti-abortion, but let's leave it out of the gun control debate.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Imagine that in South Dakota, there was only one centralized location where arms were kept. And for those unaware or would prefer not to know, that is precisely the case for abortion services in SD (and other states).
    Thanked by 2:
    nolittdroid and msndrstood like this.

Living in NY, this one hits home. I think it could be a good move. I'm just still trying to calm down from Governor Cuomo's new legislation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I hope this isn't getting too side tracked, but it seems with any recent gun debate, it isn't long before someone tries to tie in the abortion debate with it. I see them as two separate issues (guns to kill for self defense vs. killing an innocent unborn child). I'm not 100% anti-abortion, but let's leave it out of the gun control debate.
    Two sides of a rights issue. Until the debate progresses I will not support the gun rights issue without concurrent support for woman's rights. If it doesn't affect you, I guess it is not important. Gotcha. I thought as much. Too bad.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    KentuckyHouse and nolittdroid like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I know that States can be more strict than Federal law, but I'm not sure that they can just cleanly go in the face of Federal law.
    Does evidence exist to specifically indicate there is any attempt to do precisely that ... that there, in fact, exist "anti-2nd amendment States"? Lacking state congressional proposals to amend their State constitutions to repeal their citizens' right to keep and bear arms, it would appear not.

I gotta ad my 2 cents in on this "gun control " thing, I am 65 y/o , I have had a gun close to me, in my hands, in my house , carried one shot one etc for the most of 50 years. I presently have a .357 mag laying on the coffee table, a .22 mag at the back door on the counter, a .30.06, a 30.30, 5 .22's either single shot, automatic, pump, or lever action, and one black powder .50 cal single shot rifle. Each and every gun in my house at this time is loaded. Some of my guns or "weapons" as some refer them to are new , some old, some newly acquired. In the 50 + years that I have handled guns, none have killed anyone, same goes for my uncles, grandparents, brothers and cousins, (some of which are still alive). I was at one time an avid sportsman who hunted for meat for the freezer and table, I can't any more due to age,but I still shoot at paper on occasion for the "fun" of it. None of my "weapons" have a capacity of more than 6 rounds, one .22 will hold 10. My point is , I cannot see the need for a gun to have a capacity of more than 10 rounds for the common citizen, who either hunt, target practice , etc. Some of the cartridges for the "assault" weapons have no use in hunting, they are either too fast , wont effect a clean kill or they are the opposite , do too much damage. Those types of "weapons " are just that for the ordinary sportsman and have no use in the public. If I was the type of person who wanted to kill someone, I could use a baseball bat, hockey club, knife, bowling ball, my pickup, A ROCK, but I don't see the excitement those or any other items that could be classed as "weapons" being banned or confiscated .
    I would further think if a person was to want a "assault" type weapon (gun) he should pass a strict mental evaluaton, be able to pass a very strict FBI background check, (I have and my wife both have passed all that the FBI could examine us on , due to our past employment, and none were failed, then a special "collectors permit" be issued for that person to be reviewed yearly.
    But then, if one of my "Weapons" wanted to kill some one or a group of people, some one could steal them from my premises and they might do the job. But a reminder to all, there are locks on the inside of my doors , not for my protection. They are on the inside for the protection of others.
    Due to the second amendment and being a natural citizen of the U.S.A. I am afforded the right "to keep and bear arms", to protect my family, possessions and my property from those who attempt at harming them.
    Thanked by 2:

This is what I am referring to by anti-second amendment states.

"strict gun control laws that have been passed in New York, and that have been proposed in other states"

How can anyone that supports gun control for the safety of our children support abortion. Some argue it's a woman's choice, but what about the baby inside the woman's body, do you think that baby would choose to be aborted?

What choice would you have made in the womb if given the choice?

I suggest that if anyone wants to start a discussion about abortion, they start their own thread on that topic.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    This is what I am referring to by anti-second amendment states.

"strict gun control laws that have been passed in New York, and that have been proposed in other states"
    By what standard are you determining that the citizens of any of these States no longer have the ability/the right to protect their lives or property in order to justify your reference to these States as "anti-2nd amendment"?

Gun manufacturers don't care about any amendment, it's about the bottom line, profit. They are hoping to send a message to any other government entity that would consider doing the same.
    PS, the second amendment's true purpose was about controlling slaves & the continued plunder of Indian land.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    KentuckyHouse likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Deleted. Double post.
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
Page 50 of 185 FirstFirst ... 47484950515253 ... LastLast