Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 57 of 185 FirstFirst ... 54555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4617
Like Tree2067Likes
  1. #1401  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    How are assault rifles more dangerous than handguns. You want me to answer that question for you. No offense, but you really must have been drinking if that isn't clear.

    Ok, an assault rifle has a high capacity magazine, up to 30 rounds. A handgun usually has a clip of up to 13 rounds. There's one reason why an assault rifle is more dangerous.

    Assault rifle bullets are typically higher powered than a handgun ammunition and travels faster than a handgun bullet. There's a second reason.

    An assault rifle has a longer barrel and is more accurate at longer distances than a handgun. There's 3 reasons why.

    As for your statement that a handgun should be more dangerous because it's lighter and more efficient, why don't you tell that to the Army? Let's send all the troops to battle with super effective pistols.

    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
    First of all, you can buy high capacity magazines for handguns, so wrong on that point.

    Secondly, a 50 caliber handgun will have a higher impact, so wrong on that point.

    3rd assault rifles don't have a higher fps speed than many handguns, so wrong on that point.

    4th, the military uses assault weapons because they are efficient at pumping out rounds accurately on automatic, all "assault weapons" sold to the public are semi-auto. So wrong on that as well.

    Anything else, or have you just utterly failed? Pray, do tell me.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  2. #1402  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Ok, I see what you're saying. You're saying an assault rifle is more powerful than a handgun because of automatic fire. I see your point, but I'd have to say there are other factors that make it more powerful as well.


    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
    Such as? Because every weapons analyst would disagree.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  3. #1403  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Such as? Because every weapons analyst would disagree.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    "Weapons analyst"? What is that? Is that like a financial analyst? Is that even a real title, or something else you made up in your fantasies? Lol.

    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
  4. #1404  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    You are suddenly unable to defend your life or property? No one has come near the idea of "rewriting the Constitution".
    Pretty sure limiting the ability to own decent weapons contradicts the right to bear arms "shall not be infringed". That's like banning swearing because you find it rude and saying it doesn't violate free speech.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  5. #1405  
    Nate456's Avatar

    Posts
    463 Posts
    ROM
    Stock, CM10, AOKP

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    A Glock which holds 17 9mm rounds vs an AR which holds 30 .223 rounds. I'd say the Ar15 is still significantly more powerful.

    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
    Let's put it to a test. AR-15 vs. Glock 17

    Sent from Curiosity on Mars.
  6. #1406  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    First of all, you can buy high capacity magazines for handguns, so wrong on that point.

    Secondly, a 50 caliber handgun will have a higher impact, so wrong on that point.

    3rd assault rifles don't have a higher fps speed than many handguns, so wrong on that point.

    4th, the military uses assault weapons because they are efficient at pumping out rounds accurately on automatic, all "assault weapons" sold to the public are semi-auto. So wrong on that as well.

    Anything else, or have you just utterly failed? Pray, do tell me.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    1. 30 round magazines?

    Nope.

    2. AR-15s are more powerful than half of handguns. So, debatable.

    3. Can you bump fire a handgun like an AR-15? Didn't think so.

    4. Actually holding down a trigger on fully automatic makes the rifle less accurate due to recoil.

    Any other inaccuracies we can clear up while we're on the topic?

    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
  7. #1407  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    "Weapons analyst"? What is that? Is that like a financial analyst? Is that even a real title, or something else you made up in your fantasies? Lol.

    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
    A weapons analyst is just what is sounds like. A professional gun analyst, usually working for the police.

    BTW, way to deflect the actual question again, you're officially on a deflection spree.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  8. #1408  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    A weapons analyst is just what is sounds like. A professional gun analyst, usually working for the police.

    BTW, way to deflect the actual question again, you're officially on a deflection spree.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Lol ok, when you have the analysis of a ballistics expert from the FBI, you let me know.

    *edit* I'm on a "deflection spree" eh? LOL. Nice choice of words there


    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
  9. #1409  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    1. 30 round magazines?

    Nope.

    2. AR-15s are more powerful than half of handguns. So, debatable.

    3. Can you bump fire a handgun like an AR-15? Didn't think so.

    4. Actually holding down a trigger on fully automatic makes the rifle less accurate due to recoil.

    Any other inaccuracies we can clear up while we're on the topic?

    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
    1. Yes, there are 33 round magazines for hanguns.

    2. So when you say that AR-15s are more powerful than half of the available handguns, you're also saying half of the available handguns are more powerful than the AR-15. Wow, you really suck at this.

    3. A hair trigger handgun will allow you fire faster handgun than any stock assault rifle.

    4. You're implying that semi auto fire is more accurate than auto fire, which means you're implying semi-auto handguns are just as accurate. You're also implying that it matters how accurate a auto weapon is when you're pumping out hundreds of rounds per minutes.

    Any other innacuracies we can clear up while we're on this topic? Probably not, you seem to just really want to show us how many times a person can be wrong in a single thread. It's clear from reading your posts you don't know a thing about firearms. Maybe you should read up before you decide they should be banned.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
  10. #1410  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Ok, I see what you're saying. You're saying an assault rifle is more powerful than a handgun because of automatic fire. I see your point, but I'd have to say there are other factors that make it more powerful as well.
    That wasn't the only point. I've tried giving you and Crackberrytraitor the benefit of the doubt, but it's become evident that you two are willfully trying to skew and mislead the debate by referencing assault rifles. They are not part of any gun control debate currently, they are illegal for any regular Joe Blow to own, and their capability to do harm is much greater than anything up for debate in the current one on assault weapons .

    As such, pretty much any of your arguments for gun control are fatally flawed (no pun intended), and invalid at this point.
  11. #1411  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    1. Yes, there are 33 round magazines for hanguns.

    2. So when you say that AR-15s are more powerful than half of the available handguns, you're also saying half of the available handguns are more powerful than the AR-15. Wow, you really suck at this.

    3. A hair trigger handgun will allow you fire faster handgun than any stock assault rifle.

    4. You're implying that semi auto fire is more accurate than auto fire, which means you're implying semi-auto handguns are just as accurate. You're also implying that it matters how accurate a auto weapon is when you're pumping out hundreds of rounds per minutes.

    Any other innacuracies we can clear up while we're on this topic? Probably not, you seem to just really want to show us how many times a person can be wrong in a single thread. It's clear from reading your posts you don't know a thing about firearms. Maybe you should read up before you decide they should be banned.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Sigh.

    Ok, let me correct you... once again.

    You like to cherry pick the most irrelevant and exceptional examples to back up your arguments. Fine.

    1. In a 2009 study a researcher for the NRA estimated that there were approximately 1.6 million AR-15 style assault rifles available in the United States. Show me a handgun commonly available for sale with a 33 round clip, and then show me it has just *ten* percent of the number of AR-15s available, and I'll vow not to respond anymore to this thread. In the meantime, you want to talk about real, common weapons? That's the AR-15, my misguided friend.

    2. Yes, you can read what I said? Excellent. AR-15 ammo is more powerful than about half of commonly used ammo (9mm & .22)

    3. And a hair trigger in a rifle will allow you to fire faster than a stock trigger in a handgun. Like I said, totally irrelevant point.

    4. Yes, semi automatic or 3 round burst fire is more accurate than fully automatic fire.

    Is there even a point to this discussion anymore? I feel like we are going in circles.

    Source: http://mobile.slate.com/blogs/crime/...rp.xc6QmDZFR5U


    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
  12. #1412  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Let's just remember to stay relaxed, guys. Gun control is a hot issue for sure, but let's make sure we don't start calling out individuals over their opinions. You guys are talking about physical "hair triggers," while I see a couple figurative ones within the last two pages or so.



    And droidmyme, that's a good question.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  13. #1413  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Such as? Because every weapons analyst would disagree.

    Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    They are only going to believe experts of their own........ like........Joe Biden!

    droidmyme likes this.
  14. #1414  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    1. 30 round magazines?

    Nope.

    2. AR-15s are more powerful than half of handguns. So, debatable.

    3. Can you bump fire a handgun like an AR-15? Didn't think so.

    4. Actually holding down a trigger on fully automatic makes the rifle less accurate due to recoil.

    Any other inaccuracies we can clear up while we're on the topic?

    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
    Since you're hung up on 30 rd mags, there are handguns out there that take up to 50rd mags.

    When you bump fire a rifle, you lose your accuracy. Yes you can bump fire certain pistols, I have done it.
  15. #1415  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    By 1992, 250,000 Glock 17's were sold in the US. This and 3 other 9mm variants will shoot using a 33rd mag.

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock#section_1

    I'm still looking for current figures but this meets your 10% criteria.
  16. #1416  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Pretty sure limiting the ability to own decent weapons contradicts the right to bear arms "shall not be infringed". That's like banning swearing because you find it rude and saying it doesn't violate free speech.
    How's your online purchase of RPGs coming along?

    When it can be demonstrated [and it cannot be demonstrated without recreating US history from scratch] that the federal and State governments do not have the authority to determine which weapons are isolated to military/police use and which are intended for common civilian use, you may have an argument. Until then, not so much. The federal and State governments also have it within their authority to correct themselves when/if they err. That is exactly what is taking place now.

    These are the facts and they are unpleasant.
  17. #1417  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    The contractual value of their picket against <laugh> "anti-2nd amendment States" must be absolutely enormous.

    Between empty lots, PO Boxes, @Yahoo email addresses, stripmalls, and headquarters like those below, I doubt that NYState's (or anyone else's) police forces are especially concerned about this paper-tiger $tunt.

    Home of Huntertown Arms:


    Home of Controlled Chaos Arms:


    Home of Old Grouch's Military Surplus:
    Thanked by:
  18. #1418  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    By 1992, 250,000 Glock 17's were sold in the US. This and 3 other 9mm variants will shoot using a 33rd mag.

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock#section_1

    I'm still looking for current figures but this meets your 10% criteria.
    I see your point, Markster1.

    You say the Glock 17 will fire with a 33 round magazine. And the AR-15 "will fire" a 100 round magazine. Note the SureFire Mag5-100: http://www.surefire.com/mag5-100.html.

    I'm sure we can debate hypotheticals all day long sir. But back on topic, the issue is that stricter gun control laws in NY would ban assault style rifles and limit readily available magazine capacity to 7 rounds.

    I think that limiting the number of rounds in a magazine and making 33 and 100 round magazines illegal is a good idea.

    Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
  19. #1419  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,962 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    The federal and State governments also have it within their authority to correct themselves when/if they err. That is exactly what is taking place now.

    These are the facts and they are unpleasant.
    This discussion is about whether they are correcting an error or not. That's a matter of opinion, which makes it not factual by nature.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  20. #1420  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,187 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    I think we should consider moving away from controlling and further restricting what semi-automatic weapons civilians can buy. We already did a great job of banning fully automatic weapons and they are very rarely used in the types of crimes that the media is currently crying about. Perhaps we could even stand to loosen some of the current restrictions, however I would be absolutely 100000% in favor of MUCH harsher penalties for people that break laws using a weapon (illegal knife (due to blade length, spring mechanisms, whatever), gun, sword, anthrax, whatever). 1st offense +15 years and $200,000 fine and automatically counts as an additional felony. 2nd offense, whoops, 3 strikes see ya bye. That way we're penalizing criminals and not law abiding citizens. I realize this doesn't stop massacres, but that's because it's currently not illegal to be mentally ill until you act out.
    Thanked by:
    Nate456 likes this.
  21. #1421  
    backbeat's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    This discussion is about whether they are correcting an error or not. That's a matter of opinion, which makes it not factual by nature.
    I thought this thread was about the mirage of 44 laughable companies refusing to do business with police forces for which they have no contracts ... all because their States are anti-2nd amendment and all. LOL!
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.
  22. #1422  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,962 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    I thought this thread was about the mirage of 44 laughable companies refusing to do business with police forces for which they have no contracts ... all because their States are anti-2nd amendment and all. LOL!
    Well like quite a few other threads in this section it has evolved into something else entirely.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  23. #1423  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    And all the arguing is basically pointless. Even our commander and thief has realized an outright ban is not going to happen, that's why his gun control fantasy is being split into separate bills so at least a little bit of his sorry hopes and dreams of a utopian gun free world have a chance for passage.
    For a government that can never reach mutual agreement on anything it speaks volumes that both parties agree a ban is nothing but a tragedy exploiting gun grabbers wet dream and isn't going to happen. So it looks like their is truth in the statement that our government corrects it errors. They are correcting a President and his delusional cronies who want to spit at the second amendment by saying we won't be a part of you and your unconstitutional ways.
    So this time next year we will all still have our guns and and the dreamers will still be trying to figure out how to circumvent the constitution.

    These are the facts no matter how Unpleasant and inconvenient they may be to those with paper tiger hopes.

    I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
  24. #1424  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    1. In a 2009 study a researcher for the NRA estimated that there were approximately 1.6 million AR-15 style assault rifles available in the United States. Show me a handgun commonly available for sale with a 33 round clip, and then show me it has just *ten* percent of the number of AR-15s available, and I'll vow not to respond anymore to this thread. In the meantime, you want to talk about real, common weapons? That's the AR-15, my misguided friend.
    I showed you the glock 17
  25. #1425  

    Default Re: 44 Gun Companies Stop Sales To Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States

    They said obamacare would never pass and then the Supreme Court would reverse it and then a new president would repeal. 3 for 3. Anything could happen.......
Page 57 of 185 FirstFirst ... 54555657585960 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Larva Cartoon - FREE and FUNNY Application
    By liontyping in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 12:03 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 08:33 AM
  3. POI information and Gallery
    By robjulo in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 12:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 05:28 AM

Posting Permissions