Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 185 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree2067Likes

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    The answer is yes, and there is evidence to support it. Higher rate of fire=higher death total. There is a reason handguns are not the only weapons carried I am war.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    I'm sure you have shot I'm a soldier so I have to. Those weapons can't fire accurately if you pull that trigger at a higher rate the recoil isn't bad but its bad enough to knock that muzzle up the faster you shoot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

But in an enclosed space, accuracy does not matter if you have volume.

I do understand what your saying...

Apparently at least 5 gun toting enthusiasists were shot a a few gun shows over the weekend...while cleaning the guns and demonstrating the guns....I'm assuming it wasn't their first time handling a gun. I wouldn't want to be the lady shot by the ***** who hasn't cleaned out his gun in years.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Or the father of the 4 year old that was hit.

nolittdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

But in an enclosed space, accuracy does not matter if you have volume.

I do understand what your saying...

I agree and I understand your guys point but at the same time I feel this isn't tackling the real issue. I feel our real issue is the stigma attached to depression and other mental issues. Peoples utter indifference to their fellow man. The inability to get access to help when its needed. Trust me as someone who has fought with depression its not easy. Help is hard to find and often they never get to the root of the issue. It's a struggle I feel for people fighting it and commonly try to help those in need. Please don't take this as me justifying these peoples actions as there is absolutely no excuse but people show signs its on those around them to catch them.

More restrictions will only force people to the black markets to get the guns they want. If someone wants something, they can buy it through another intermediary. There is no law or regulations that can prevent that from happening.

'Assault' weapons are no different than any other pistol other than the barrel length. They even use a smaller caliber bullet--no bigger than a 22 round AND have to have the trigger pulled each and every time. The same as a pistol. Assault weapons even have pistol grips.

The assault weapons that politicians talk about are those that are of an automatic nature. Meaning that the trigger can be held down to fire multiple bullets. These cannot be sold in retail establishments and no retailer would be stupid enough to be selling them publicly. And this fact doesn't even matter because these weapons are so accessible on the black market.

Most of school shootings and other massacres report the gunman using assault weapons. Media has trained citizens to think automatically about automatics when actually they are semi automatics.

Again, many people do not know that people can legally have automatic assault weapons in America. There is a long and expensive process that one had to go through to get them legally in America.

The definition of assault weapons is too broad to even be used in some sort of legal context.

A national registry is a good idea. However there are big pitfalls. There is no garuntee that New guns previously purchased guns will be registered. It will be insanely expensive. Still won't crack down on illegal gun sales. Will not prevent school shootings.

Background checks are too subjective and are not thorough enough to determine the mental capacity of a purchaser. Simple as that.

By passing new laws. Current market shares for gun manufacturers will shrink. Causing them to turn to otherwise hostile or unfriendly markets elsewhere.

By adding more restrictions, you make the risk of taking guns away from those who really need them. I would rather have someone with a gun close by who could end a dangerous situation quickly by using the training he received before he even got the pistol. YES! People must complete an in depth safety training before purchasing.

How can we reduce tragedies...? Education. n enforce more high level training to weed out possible threats early in the purchase process.

Thirdly, which is highly controversial, keep the gun laws they way they are. But tax the hell out of ammunition, the thing that kills victims. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. You all want guns off the street right...? This is a way to do it without making more laws but making people who are passionate about weaponry pay for it.

This revenue can go towards education, security for schools, and other programs that help profilers detect problem people earlier.

That ends this rant. Thanks for reading.

The

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    rkeenan and Synycalwon like this.

Default Re: semiautomatic rifle NOT used at Newtown, Conn shooting!!!!!

So what's the solution?

Default Re: US Constitution

Don't you think people like Alex Jones scare people?

So what's the solution Oleyeller?

He believes in the constitution. I'm an Alex Jones supporter.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Proud owner of :
    Galaxy S4 rooted
    Galaxy Note 3 rooted
    Galaxy S5 rooted

He left the "semi auto" in the car. This is why no camera footage has Bern released. Think about that. Look at other school shootings and footage was released immediately.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Proud owner of :
    Galaxy S4 rooted
    Galaxy Note 3 rooted
    Galaxy S5 rooted

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Alex Jones is a fringe element of the Liberty Movement. People like Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Judge Napolitano are better representatives.
    Thanked by:
    Kelly Kearns and winmod21 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Oleyeller View Post
    More restrictions will only force people to the black markets to get the guns they want. If someone wants something, they can buy it through another intermediary. There is no law or regulations that can prevent that from happening.

'Assault' weapons are no different than any other pistol other than the barrel length. They even use a smaller caliber bullet--no bigger than a 22 round AND have to have the trigger pulled each and every time. The same as a pistol. Assault weapons even have pistol grips.

The assault weapons that politicians talk about are those that are of an automatic nature. Meaning that the trigger can be held down to fire multiple bullets. These cannot be sold in retail establishments and no retailer would be stupid enough to be selling them publicly. And this fact doesn't even matter because these weapons are so accessible on the black market.

Most of school shootings and other massacres report the gunman using assault weapons. Media has trained citizens to think automatically about automatics when actually they are semi automatics.

Again, many people do not know that people can legally have automatic assault weapons in America. There is a long and expensive process that one had to go through to get them legally in America.

The definition of assault weapons is too broad to even be used in some sort of legal context.

A national registry is a good idea. However there are big pitfalls. There is no garuntee that New guns previously purchased guns will be registered. It will be insanely expensive. Still won't crack down on illegal gun sales. Will not prevent school shootings.

Background checks are too subjective and are not thorough enough to determine the mental capacity of a purchaser. Simple as that.

By passing new laws. Current market shares for gun manufacturers will shrink. Causing them to turn to otherwise hostile or unfriendly markets elsewhere.

By adding more restrictions, you make the risk of taking guns away from those who really need them. I would rather have someone with a gun close by who could end a dangerous situation quickly by using the training he received before he even got the pistol. YES! People must complete an in depth safety training before purchasing.

How can we reduce tragedies...? Education. n enforce more high level training to weed out possible threats early in the purchase process.

Thirdly, which is highly controversial, keep the gun laws they way they are. But tax the hell out of ammunition, the thing that kills victims. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. You all want guns off the street right...? This is a way to do it without making more laws but making people who are passionate about weaponry pay for it.

This revenue can go towards education, security for schools, and other programs that help profilers detect problem people earlier.

That ends this rant. Thanks for reading.

The

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I disagree with the first part. Every other country that has totally outlawed guns has a less than 1% gun death rate. They do a decent job of keeping them out.

Again though I do not endorse outlawing all guns.

I firmly believe the last part about taxing the he'll out of bullets. I said so quite a ways back.

Very well thought out statements though, kudos

nolittdroid likes this.

No Alex Jones, while being passionate about his beliefs and his support of the Constitution does not scare me. I don't really think he scares other people either. The people that scare me are people like Obama, Feinsteine(sp), Bloomburg, and Cumo. People that want big government and nanny state scare me.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by 2:

So what's the solution?
    I would like to see more news coverage of people that stop criminals by defending themselves. I think this would show the criminals that we are willing to defend ourselves, and honestly who among us doesn't have a quiet hell yea moment when we hear about a mother that shoots 2 criminals that have broken into her home while her young children are there. It would also teach/show people that you do not have to cower in fear, that not only it is OK to defend yourself, but it is possible we well.

Violent crimes deserve violent time, bring back chain gangs. Quit treating criminals better than our returning veterans. Prison shouldn't include cable TV, and weight sets. The threat of prison should be a deterrent to crime. Stop early paroles and time off for good behavior.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

I disagree with the first part. Every other country that has totally outlawed guns has a less than 1% gun death rate. They do a decent job of keeping them out.

Again though I do not endorse outlawing all guns.

I firmly believe the last part about taxing the he'll out of bullets. I said so quite a ways back.

Very well thought out statements though, kudos

Boyfriend in FL said they raised taxes on ammo and people are not too happy...Boohoo! Find a cheaper hobby. There is no need to stockpile bullets and collect all kinds of guns. It seems there is a certain voting demographic who is rabidly in favor of the 2nd amendment...anyone remember Trayvon? Or the racist fart who shot 17 year old because he didn't like the music he was playing? America is so gun happy it is ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3
    quicksilver53 likes this.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

I was going to post a long comment but I don't want to get in a flame war.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

I was going to post a long comment but I don't want to get in a flame war.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Nah, I am really surprised that for outside and of one irresponsible person it has been a decent discussion

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I just don't think these weapons are to blame. I know where I'm pointing my finger but that's an entirely different debate altogether.

I found this on my FB page today.

There are two Supreme Court rulings that directly relate to the current anti-Assault Weapon issue everyone needs to be reminded of.

The first is United States v. Miller 1939. Miller possessed a sawed-off shotgun banned under the National Firearms Act. He argued that he had a right to bear the weapon under the Second Amendment, but the Supreme Court ruled against him. Why? At the time, sawed-off shotguns were not being used in a military application, and the Supremes ruled that since it didn't, it was not protected. Even though Miller lost that argument, the Miller case set the precedent that protected firearms have a military, and thus a legitimate and protected Militia use. The military now uses shotguns regularly, but not very short, sawed-off shotguns, but an AR-15/AK-47 type weapon is currently in use by the military, therefore it is a protected weapon for the Unorganized Militia, which includes just about every American citizen now that both age and sex discrimination are illegal. (The original Militia included men of age 17-45) Therefore any firearm that is applicable to military use is clearly protected under Article II, and that includes all those nasty-looking semi-automatic black rifles, including full 30 round magazines.

The second important case is that of John Bad Elk v. United States from 1900. In that case, an attempt was made to arrest Mr. Bad Elk without probable cause, and Mr. Bad Elk killed a policeman who was attempting the false arrest. Bad Elk had been found guilty and sentenced to death. However, the Supreme Court ruled that Bad Elk had the right to use any force, including lethal force, to prevent his false arrest, even if the policeman was only trying to arrest him and not kill him. Basically, the Supremes of the day ruled that as a citizen, you have the right to defend against your civil rights being violated using ANY force necessary to prevent the violation, even if the offending party isn't trying to kill you.

Both of these cases are standing law to this day.

The Miller decision clearly includes AR-15/AK-47 type weapons as having a military application. The Bad Elk decision means that if the government tries to confiscate your AR-15/AK-47, or arrest you for having one, you can kill the offenders on the spot, even if they are not trying to kill you.

Perfect solution here.
    No more bad people.

Realistic solution here.
    Move to mars, or some other plase equally as remote.

Issues, people will always disagree, and someone will always think its a good idea to impose their will trough force, even if that will is somthing as seemingly nobile as Christianity. Its been going on since before the pyramids, and will go away equally as fast. Their is not much that can be done to expedite this.

As for bag checks and such. Who cares, like what freedoms do we realy have anymore anyways. I mean as I write this my cammera can get acctivated or mic n so forth. What about the two satellite s that a "spy agency" gave nasa that are as powerfull as the hubble, cuz they didnt need them to look down anymore, [they have new toys] freedome, liberty, privacy, dont make me laugh.

But thay bag checker needs a bulletproof vest and an expensive metel detector. Hmmm.

So heres a thought, lock up your guns parents.

Solution, when kid shoots up a school and he or she is under age. Parents get the same punishment the kids do. Sorry siblings its fostercare now. Do that a few times and ill bet you dollars to pesos somthing actualy happens.

Mommy and daddy sittin in prizon for 30 years for somthing their 17 year old did. Sorry. You get to be the example. Your taking one for the team. And I realize that it could be me. And I still stand behind it.
    And lets see how many parents follow their lead.

Now you may not like my opinion.
    Thats cool too. I know imma bit of a ****.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Prepaid I agree 100%. A massive part of this in my eyes comes back to parenting. Or lack of it.

Nah, I am really surprised that for outside and of one irresponsible person it has been a decent discussion

I contacted my State Attorney General's office first thing this morning and explained this debate on vehicle gun safe's. The agent said that in this situation a vehicle gun safe does meet the standard for gun storage. All that is required is that it be in some type of box that can be locked.

From the brief description the agent gave me I got the impression that a gun safe that is attached to the vehicle exceeds the what is required by law. The only scenario where a gun safe is not responsible storage is in the mind of one user on the board.

If someone stole my gun or bike and took all the time they needed to get to my gun then that person has malice of intent. It would not be any different then that person breaking into someone's house and taking the time to get into their gun safe.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

OK rant time.

When did this country switch from believing in personal responsibility to one that feels it needs to point the blame everyone/thing but the person committing the act.

I see so many point blame to TV, music, video games, etc. All of these things have a rating on them its not on the respective industries to censor themselves. It's on the parents to monitor and be aware of what these children get their hands on. I'm sick and tired of these parents not being parents. Don't spank your kids, be their friends not their parents. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. The mentality we hold is making us soft its setting kids up for failure in the real world. If my son gets out of line I spank him, if he says a bad word I smack his mouth end of it and guess what he's growing up to be a good kid.

Take responsibility end of it you're mentors first. Time for people to stop blaming everyone else.

ConTejas likes this.
Page 7 of 185 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast