Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 86 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 4617
Like Tree2067Likes

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: 3D-Printed Firearms

There are no issues in my mind with ownership of weapons by people who obey all of the applicable (and legal) laws. There is no mercy in my mind for people who use weapons to victimize others. Those seem like the two sides that people can't seem to balance. The lawful gun owners are not the ones causing our national panic and the unlawful carriers should never see the light of day. This is just more incentive for us to create much harsher penalties for possession of a weapon by prohibited people.
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 05-04-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Notice how the article neglected actually being able to FIRE this gun? While reading the article, I thought surely this gun would have a metal barrel and firing chamber (and for anything else that would need to handle that kind of heat and pressure). Going by what I read, it doesn't. Try to fire one shot and you can kiss that plastic goodbye, assuming it didn't blow up and take your lips off in the process. Even if the plastic technically did survive, the internal flexing and deformation caused by the shot would make aiming useless.

Then they mentioned high capacity magazines, which means you'd need spring actions for the auto reload. Again, something plastic can't do. At least not with the kind of reaction needed for a gun. If plastics could stand up to this kind of use, gun manufactures would have been making plastic ones long ago.

I do support fun rights, and agree this kind of issue is something to keep in the back of our minds. Until it becomes cheap and easy for people to forge metal in their garages, I don't think we have to worry any extra about people making homemade guns now than a decade ago.

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I do support fun rights, and agree this kind of issue is something to keep in the back of our minds.
    I want a constitutional amendment, right now, for our Right to Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I want a constitutional amendment, right now, for our Right to Fun.
    *facepaw* I so miss my old properly functioning Swype on ICS, and wish I didn't have to rely on Swift Key in JB.

But what, the right to pursue happiness isn't enough for you and you want it handed to you on a silver platter?
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    *facepaw* I so miss my old properly functioning Swype on ICS, and wish I didn't have to rely on Swift Key in JB.

But what, the right to pursue happiness isn't enough for you and you want it handed to you on a silver platter?
    We don't have that as a right guaranteed. It's part of the Declaration of Independence and one could argue that it's implied as one of the key motivations for the rights that are specified as protected... but I want it spelled out Seriously, that auto-correct issue is one of the best ones in there
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 05-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Loyalty Day

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Perhaps someone needs to remind Obama that America already has a day set aside for Americans to celebrate their loyalty to America its called the 4th of July. The day we celebrate our national victory over tyrants and oppressive governments.

Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013 | The White House
    Why not you? Send President Obama a letter with your concern.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    He has no sense of the sacrifice Americans have already made in defense of our values, values that he really does not share.
    He is a phony from start to finish and we certainly deserve better than this.
    Empty rhetoric.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    jdbii likes this.

Has everyone forgot about Angel and Ellis island? Oh I forgot, your parents, grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents were born here as well. Let us all rejoice in our Native American heritage because WE are the true Americans!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3
    Darth Spock and jdbii like this.

Default Re: Gotta love New Yorkers.....

Bloomberg does nothing about the inflated real estate problems, inflated taxes unemployment and minimum wage yet they can find the time to monitor our drink sizes and caloric intake.

Can't move out of NY fast enough!

Sent from my S3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Bloomberg does nothing about the inflated real estate problems, inflated taxes unemployment and minimum wage yet they can find the time to monitor our drink sizes and caloric intake.

Can't move out of NY fast enough!

Don't. You'll miss it, believe me.

< Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >

Default Re: Why is it that most anti gun people...

Yeah the problem with gun control is it is all about gun confiscation. Most people can agree okay no full auto and no 30+ rounds.

But now they are saying e.g. as InfoWars reports Austin city councillor saying we are going to ban all guns, then now ridiculous things like no 10+ rounds no semi-auto. Like 15 rounds semi-auto handgun is reasonable but it is all about gun confiscation not "control".

And yeah how can a population decide about guns when they don't educate themselves about it? Go to a shooting range even just once like I did and you will be able to make better decisions about gun issues.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    The Hustleman likes this.

This loyalty discussion reminds me for some reason of a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons."

The more people talk of loyalty to country, the more I keep hearing "...to the King."

The type of loyalty we tend to practice in this country is blind loyalty, and there is none more foolish than that.

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    This loyalty discussion reminds me for some reason of a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons."

The more people talk of loyalty to country, the more I keep hearing "...to the King."

The type of loyalty we tend to practice in this country is blind loyalty, and there is none more foolish than that.
    Sad to agree. We should not be loyal to the country or the government or any other foolish meaningless concept. The country is a piece of land marked off by imaginary and arbitrary lines. The government is a tiny minority of people selected to handle our paperwork, etc. We should be loyal to The People, always striving to leave behind more value than we received.

The concepts that the People founded this nation upon deserve our respect for their nobility and insight and they absolutely deserve our utmost attention, recognition and defense... I will endeavor to use my talents to promote peace and a higher quality of life for my family and neighbors and my countrymen. I'll fight to defend the same from harm, be it physical or the more modern forms of enslavement... but I am not loyal to the President, nor to the Congress, nor to the Courts. Rather, we should demand the reverse, that they actually begin demonstrating their loyalty to us. I will not be ruled over, especially by these people, who are little more than our servants.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Show of hands. How many commenting here read the link or Googled references to the Congressional Act mentioned within?

This proclamation was not invented/created by Obama but by Congress 55 years ago.

Loyalty is a concept. Towards our friends, family, community or nation. To your beliefs, ideals or moral compass.

Neither good nor evil. Can be abused.

Also, July 4th celebrates the declaration of our freedom, not the military victory that made good that declaration.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Actually you won't miss it. I am leaving after my parents move on. New York State is where corruption was invented. Its such a beautiful state to look at but hell to live here.
    There are many better alternatives to new York. Run from it as fast as you can.
    nolittdroid and Darth Spock like this.

Actually half of my LCP is plastic and tougher plastics are being developed. It won't be long before the tech catches up.
    Great machines for doing prototypes and making parts for motorcycles and other machines. I embrace the technology.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    Actually you won't miss it. I am leaving after my parents move on. New York State is where corruption was invented. Its such a beautiful state to look at but hell to live here.
    There are many better alternatives to new York. Run from it as fast as you can.
    I did a few years ago. Like I said, you'll miss it. Even other New Yorkers that I run into down here miss it too. A lot.

The grass is not always greener.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Show of hands. How many commenting here read the link or Googled references to the Congressional Act mentioned within?
    For those who haven't read what rexxman is referring to, here's the relevant part of the Act:

Quote Originally Posted by Public Law 85-529
    Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the 1st day of May of each year is hereby designated as Loyalty Day and is to be set aside as a special day for the reaffirmation of loyalty to the United States of America and for the recognition of the heritage of American freedom; and the President of the United States is authorized and requested to issue a proclamation calling upon officials of the government to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on such day and inviting the people of the United States to observe such day, in schools and other suitable places, with appropriate ceremonies. [Emphasis added.]
    I read it, and I recognize this isn't an "Obama thing", but if what you took from what I previous wrote is that I am objecting to Obama himself specifically issuing the required declaration, then you didn't really understand what I wrote at all.

I agree that 3D printing is, an awesome concept, but I highly doubt any plastic will live up to the durability needed for a gun. I'm sure advancements will be made, but plastic breaks down over time even when not put through this kind of use. Adding that kind of heat and shock will only make it happen quicker. A good example is car seats. Designed to protect the most precious of cargo, but bet you didn't know they have an expiration date and most of them require replacement after even a minor accident. Most people don't know or don't pay attention the importance of this, but it's for similar reasons. The massive temperature swings possible inside a vehicle weaken the plastics over time and stress from an accident can cause internal cracks that lead to failure if in a second accident.

So let's play hypotheticals and say a printable plastic was designed capable of repeated firing without immediately breaking and offering decent accuracy (meaning it won't deform and send the bullet in unpredictable directions), it will have to be replaced at some point before it becomes a hazard to fire, just like car seats are supposed to be. You think most people will keep track of the age or number of rounds fired enough to not have it blow up in their hands? Then there's the quality control issue. Doing this at home, you wouldn't have access to the proper tools to make sure there isn't internal defects in the printed parts or determine the number of rounds you could safely fire for your caliber.

I doubt any reasonable potential gun owner would want one of these guns. Though what does worry me some is if plastics do advance enough for even a few rounds to be fired, I could see desperate criminals making a few of these to go on a robbery, drive by, or whatever to use these and then being able to easily destroy the gun after the fact so they can't have a definitive weapon trace to them. I still think that is a long ways out and not even sure if that scenario would become reality.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Tall Mike, I understand that your comments are not directed at Obama. I am replying to the theme of this thread that Obama had taken it on himself to create a "Loyalty Day". And that someone "ought" to tell him. And what exactly does July 4th commemorate.

I added my take on loyalty since others mentioned how they saw it. I added my comment that loyalty can be abused in agreement with "blind loyalty".

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Also, I replied to the the thread and not to any individual post.

I know how to "work it"! :-)

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    I must admit, i didn't click on the link, nor research it. I prefer commenting haphazardly.

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

In South Florida all I used to here from all the new yorker ex pats there I'd meet was how various things were not like they were in New York... We'd all shrug and say is you like it so much go back but they never would...

Well except the snowbirds. We'd complain about them too but honestly if I could afford to do that I would too...

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2 (also from Atlanta more or less)...
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Default Re: Martial law???

It's a lot to watch but check this out.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Martial law???

US Joint Chiefs of Staff Authorized Terrorism in US Cities
    Conspiracy Fact #1 Video Below

Operation Northwoods was a series of false flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962, but were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit perceived acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation,

Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:

The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere.
    Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. governments Cuban Project anti-communist initiative, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.

According to currently released documentation, none of the operations became active under the auspices of the Operation Northwoods proposals.
    --------

This and other information can be found by clicking the link below.

Don't Believe Martial Law Is Coming? | Alternative
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
Page 86 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83848586878889 ... LastLast