Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree485Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Women of Android Central

I'm starting this thread because I'm feeling kinda lonely here. I know the number of women in tech is growing but as an older woman who lives and breathes tech everyday, I'm wondering how many others are here on AC.

I'm hoping this will be enlightening in a good way.

So show yourself to the AC world!

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by 3:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Women of Android Central

I have arrived! We aren't as much as a sparse specimen as one would think, but it can be a little difficult to get along with us "impowered women" type
    Thanked by 3:
    petaf, verwon, CR6 and 3 others like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    I have arrived! We aren't as much as a sparse specimen as one would think, but it can be a little difficult to get along with us "impowered women" type
    Yay Jen!

You seem to hit the nail on the head. I was wondering if it was just me that felt that way. It's tough to swim through testosterone, isn't it?

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    verwon 
    verwon likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Double post. Damn you TT.
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    verwon 
    verwon likes this.
    Banned

And let's have a big round of applause for the TERRIFIC LLLLAMAGROUPIES... Blaize19(Babycakes), verwon(Queen five letter word beginning with B as per her own request), msndrstood, Wiley_11(Should be Smiley, not Wiley), shadavis08(turtleluvva), zmann, NothingIsTrue(our resident genius), SpiralBorg, badbrad17, Fairclough, Ricky Babalu, Chetan Takyar, TomsAndroid, neonworm, gollum18, Farish(albeit reluctantly), cheeta186, James4455 and Lendo (even though he totes a Blackberry, smh)
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

I'm female!! :-) Love my devices and Android Central!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 3:
    verwon, nolittdroid and msndrstood like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by petaf View Post
    I'm female!! :-) Love my devices and Android Central!!

Hey petaf, nice to meet you!

What devices do you have?

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    verwon 
    verwon and Darth Spock like this.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Umm let's see: Note 2, HTC One, Nexus 4. I think the N4 is going to my son tho. You?

Thanked by:
    verwon 
    verwon and Darth Spock like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

How do you like the One? I checked it out before I decided on the Note 2. I liked the sound, the screen was nice, good feel in the hand, but sealed battery and no SD card was the deciding factor for me. I do think it is an elegant phone.

I have a Note 2, Gnex, NS4G, and my husband has the S2. He'll be eligible to upgrade on April 1. He wants the Moto X, mainly because of the radios, he's always had strong signals with Motorola radios. He travels around the mid Atlantic area and the S2 is wimax, which has always sucked. Otherwise, he has no idea what the Moto X can do, and really doesn't care, lol.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    verwon 
    verwon likes this.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

I love the One!! It's sort of grown on me, tho. I initially put Nova Prime on it, then decided I liked it better with the Sense. The fact that there's no removable battery etc doesn't worry me.
    Nice to chat with you! My family/friends think I'm nuts. There's a lot of eye rolling when I talk about my phones, lol.

Thanked by:
    verwon 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Same here, lol. My avatar is definitely me, phone in hand. My daughter has the Note 2 as well. I had all 3 phones out the other night and the NS4G looked like a toy next to the Note. But that was a good little phone. It sits in its cradle on my nightstand like a good little NS4G should.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    verwon 
    petaf and verwon like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I wish I had as much technology to enjoy as you guys, haha. I'm still just a little noob with my one droid DNA I want to take the time to personally thank you all for what you help bring to android central forums! It is refreshing to login everyday and see my fellow techliterate females promoting discussion and helping others. It warms my heart so thanks girls, and definitely keep up the good work!
    Thanked by 3:
    petaf, verwon, nolittdroid and 1 others like this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Thanks, Jen. That means a lot.

I think it's cool for women to be involved in tech and science. I think, to some of the male species, we either are dismissed off hand, or considered a nuisance or for some, just plain annoying.

I've learned a lot on this site, made some pretty cool friends around the world and have met other women with a similar passion for tech. We are few and far between in my world.

And btw, Jen, I might have a few more toys than you, but you are light years ahead of me when it comes to rooting and Romming. Someday we'll chat when I dig up some nerve to break that barrier.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    verwon 

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Thanks, Jennifer!

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    22,254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post

I think it's cool for women to be involved in tech and science. I think, to some of the male species, we either are dismissed off hand, or considered a nuisance or for some, just plain annoying.

I've learned a lot on this site, made some pretty cool friends around the world and have met other women with a similar passion for tech. We are few and far between in my world.

And btw, Jen, I might have a few more toys than you, but you are light years ahead of me when it comes to rooting and Romming. Someday we'll chat when I dig up some nerve to break that barrier.

Sent via Note II
    Sorry ladies if you feel I am crashing your thread. Msndrstood, your Note 2 should be pretty easy to root and flash ROMs. Unless its from Verizon. They tend to lock the phone a lot tighter. Your Nexi should be easy to do that all too. I fact, they should make great guinea pigs. If you want I can either try to help as much as I can or at least point you in the right direction.

@Jennifer, if you want you can delete my post. You know I won't care....

From a SlimROM S3

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:
    petaf, verwon and msndrstood like this.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Hi all! Just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I am an engineer and love my tech toys.

Currently have HTC Rezound (Verizon) which I will be upgrading soon. I was considering the Droid Maxx or HTC One, but now I think I will wait for the LG G2. I also have a Nexus 4 (T-mobile), Nexus 7 2012, iPad 3 and Kindle Fire HD 8.9.

Glad to see there are other women who are into Android and active on the forum.
    LG G3
    HTC One M7

Thanked by 3:
    petaf, verwon and msndrstood like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Sent via Note II
    We are women, we are just supposed to want the latest iPhone

Nah, I've found most of the majority of men here actually really dig the idea that women are just as interested in technology as men. There are a few sourpusses, but you'll find that from time to time.

I have had a tremendous amount of help to get where I am today, and I have this forum to thank, both the men and women. I would love to pay that forward, so whenever you need help don't hesitate to ask. Either way, it's always a joy chatting with you, Deb.

That also goes for any other women (or men that just need a little help ) Oh, and golfdriver, feel free to post here. Especially if you are offering help, insight, or would just like to give a shout out to a female you've seen rocking the site.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    22,254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

We are women, we are just supposed to want the latest iPhone

Nah, I've found most of the majority of men here actually really dig the idea that women are just as interested in technology as men. There are a few sourpusses, but you'll find that from time to time.

I have had a tremendous amount of help to get where I am today, and I have this forum to thank, both the men and women. I would love to pay that forward, so whenever you need help don't hesitate to ask. Either way, it's always a joy chatting with you, Deb.

That also goes for any other women (or men that just need a little help ) Oh, and golfdriver, feel free to post here. Especially if you are offering help, insight, or would just like to give a shout out to a female you've seen rocking the site.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    I figured....just being goofy...

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Thanked by 3:
    verwon and msndrstood like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I figured....just being goofy...

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    I know. Can always count on you to have a good sense of humor
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    22,254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I know. Can always count on you to have a good sense of humor
    I try....and sometimes I succeed!!!!

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    Thanked by 3:

Hey Jennifer, I found a way to lure girls away from Iphones. I lured my girlfriend away by showing her the sparkles on a nexus 4... women love 'sparkly' objects.
    I should stop commenting, men have no rights in this thread! :P Atleast till there is an amendment to the "Women of Android Central" constitution.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    Thanked by 2:
    verwon, msndrstood and MERCDROID like this.

Global Posts
    7,267 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    women love 'sparkly' objects
    S. M. H. lol

I don't know how I got onto this thread (actually, I do... someone posted a NEW THREAD ALERT!!!) but it's great to see more nerds nerding out
    Thanked by 3:
    petaf, verwon, msndrstood and 3 others like this.

I wish I was joking...that was the selling pitch which worked. It would be good to see more females here. I have a theory a few are in hiding in the forums.

Posted via Android Central App
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    Thanked by 2:
    verwon, msndrstood and MERCDROID like this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Sorry ladies if you feel I am crashing your thread. Msndrstood, your Note 2 should be pretty easy to root and flash ROMs. Unless its from Verizon. They tend to lock the phone a lot tighter. Your Nexi should be easy to do that all too. I fact, they should make great guinea pigs. If you want I can either try to help as much as I can or at least point you in the right direction.

@Jennifer, if you want you can delete my post. You know I won't care....

From a SlimROM S3
    Golfdriver, thank you for the offer!

I would probably go for the Gnex first, since I really don't use it on a daily basis. As for the Note, the only desire I have to do something with that is to root so I can use Titanium Bu to freeze some apps from the Sprint bloat. But I'll probably wait a while for the 4.3 OTA before I mess with the Note, since I don't want to have to flash a 4.3 Rom instead of the OTA. I'm not ready for that. Maybe after the Gnex, I'll be more comfortable.

My big problem is memory issues, they come and go. I have to be clear minded to do anything that takes multiple steps. Jen can explain if you guys chat, I'd rather not muddy the thread with my issues. Or, I can explain it in a PM.

But, I will definitely take you up on that offer at some point. Thanks for offering!

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    verwon 
    verwon likes this.

Global Posts
    22,254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Golfdriver, thank you for the offer!

I would probably go for the Gnex first, since I really don't use it on a daily basis. As for the Note, the only desire I have to do something with that is to root so I can use Titanium Bu to freeze some apps from the Sprint bloat. But I'll probably wait a while for the 4.3 OTA before I mess with the Note, since I don't want to have to flash a 4.3 Rom instead of the OTA. I'm not ready for that. Maybe after the Gnex, I'll be more comfortable.

My big problem is memory issues, they come and go. I have to be clear minded to do anything that takes multiple steps. Jen can explain if you guys chat, I'd rather not muddy the thread with my issues. Or, I can explain it in a PM.

But, I will definitely take you up on that offer at some point. Thanks for offering!

Sent via Note II
    For anyone else interested: msndrstood, you can bookmark for future use. Just make sure you are using the method for your device and build number. GalaxyNote2Root.com - Your source for Galaxy Note 2 rooting, custom ROMs, and more!

Phone Timeline
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast