Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree307Likes
    Banned

Default Re: Syria

Asking with friendship, where was there a lack of civility?

cdmjlt369 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #277  

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    1.) Assad kills 100,000 people and what weapon he killed the last 1400 with makes a difference?
    2.) Who really gives a crap. It's people we hate killing more people we hate. We should arm both sides with poison gas and help them eradicate each other.
    I've had an extremely busy week / weekend having to finish assignments, race a grade, vote and I'm typing his while on a train to the misses.

Like I said before when you allow someone to break international law once it becomes than a habit and more people will continue to follow. E.g. why hilter claimed he went on because he found there was no enforcement on him initially and on the Turks for the Armenians.

Look up napalm and the chemical warfare in Vietnam and you will know why it was banned. Hint it involves kids screaming as their skin burnt off. How humane.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    I've had an extremely busy week / weekend having to finish assignments, race a grade, vote and I'm typing his while on a train to the misses.

Like I said before when you allow someone to break international law once it becomes than a habit and more people will continue to follow. E.g. why hilter claimed he went on because he found there was no enforcement on him initially and on the Turks for the Armenians.

Look up napalm and the chemical warfare in Vietnam and you will know why it was banned. Hint it involves kids screaming as their skin burnt off. How humane.

What slaughter of innocent women and children IS humane? Please, I'd like to know. Is raping, beheading and running them over more humane? Acceptable?

Last edited by llamabreath; 09-07-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    Thanked by:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    What slaughter of innocent women and children IS humane? Please, I'd like to know.

Or anyone, for that matter... regardless of gender or age, or creed or whatever.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by 2:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Unless you're sitting in that chair with the responsibility of protecting 315 million lives, you can never know what is going on behind the scenes.

I know there are multiple rebel groups fighting in Syria, and at some point it won't matter who deployed the chemical weapons if it happens again. There has to be a point where civilized people stand up and say, 'no more'. I am hardly a hawk when it comes to war, and I suspect what will happen will be similar to what Clinton did in Bosnia. It's also possible that several Seal Teams and Rangers as well as SAS with be inserted to find and destroy the chemical weapons. Arthur the government forces are busy with the cruise missiles rating upon them.

Should Obama go to Congress? Probably, if you're going to go strictly by the Constitution. However, considering the mess that is Congress, I don't blame him for being highly skeptical and reluctant to deal with that band of fools. They will argue and bicker while Syrian cities burn and more children die. Have you watched the video of those children dying? I have, and wish I hadn't. It's viscerally uncomfortable to watch.

I would be truly interested in the opinions of those who are against any intervention if this wasn't another Muslim country, but rather a Christian one. Prejudices do matter.

Sent via Note II
    I'm not comfortable fighting against a government by using a group that is affiliated with another group who our government tells us is responsible for the biggest terrorist attack in America's history. Sorry. I don't want troops on the ground or bombs being dropped on Syrian military if the end result is Al Qaeda's own country.

There are rebels who are basically just going places and killing people for no reason. And I don't know if it's just one group. There's people being killed for their religion. There's video of someone from the Syrian military having their heart cut out by a rebel and the guy eating part of the heart. And recently a girl being dismembered while ALIVE. This is a volatile situation that I don't think you fully understand. Neither do I, but I don't want to drop more troops knowing that our government, the US government, doesn't give a crap about the military and that it's gonna create more problems in Syria, more problems for these troops if they manage to live through whatever hell Syria has. It's not for us. Conflict is something people should try to distance themselves from. Violence hasn't solved anything for a while. All that follows violence is more and more violence. If you're fine with more tax dollars being spent, more troops being dropped off, innocent people being killed. Go ahead and support it, but this war crap is so unnecessary. It's all to make weapons manufacturers and defense contractors richer from deploying mercenaries.
    Thanked by 2:
    Serial Fordicator likes this.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    We don't know what proof we have. We just know that hundreds of children are dead from some form of gas. I think we should wait until the proof is laid out for the American public before we condemn a decision before its made.

If the Arab-region governments would police their own, we wouldn't be discussing this today. They have failed to do their due diligence.

Sent via Note II
    I don't trust the US government anymore. And how can you trust any 'proof' they try to show the public when all Obama has been talking about is wanting to strike. That's like the jury telling everyone before a murder trial that the guy is going to be found guilty. It doesn't matter what they show. Their goal is already stated.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyMorgan View Post
    I'm not comfortable fighting against a government by using a group that is affiliated with another group who our government tells us is responsible for the biggest terrorist attack in America's history. Sorry. I don't want troops on the ground or bombs being dropped on Syrian military if the end result is Al Qaeda's own country.

There are rebels who are basically just going places and killing people for no reason. And I don't know if it's just one group. There's people being killed for their religion. There's video of someone from the Syrian military having their heart cut out by a rebel and the guy eating part of the heart. And recently a girl being dismembered while ALIVE. This is a volatile situation that I don't think you fully understand. Neither do I, but I don't want to drop more troops knowing that our government, the US government, doesn't give a crap about the military and that it's gonna create more problems in Syria, more problems for these troops if they manage to live through whatever hell Syria has. It's not for us. Conflict is something people should try to distance themselves from. Violence hasn't solved anything for a while. All that follows violence is more and more violence. If you're fine with more tax dollars being spent, more troops being dropped off, innocent people being killed. Go ahead and support it, but this war crap is so unnecessary. It's all to make weapons manufacturers and defense contractors richer from deploying mercenaries.

I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    She makes good points. I don't know why the people with the political power can't see these things. I found this one earlier today: It starts to get really good at1:30.'

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Live2ride883 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #285  

People in political power are thinking more long term consequences of not acting.
    Short reply as I am busy.

Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

People in political power are thinking more long term consequences of not acting.
    Short reply as I am busy.

Not acting may result in further use of chemical weapons. Acting may not deter the use of chemical weapons. So, they're making a decision based on what may happen instead of listening to what Iran, Russia and Syria have said will happen? Sometimes there are no good solutions. First off we are interfering in a civil war. Then the people we have chosen to side with are al queda backed rebels. Next you risk turning a civil war into a world war. Then, how many more people will be killed for this? Then these governments never stay stabilized. I see no upside.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fairclough View Post
    politicians aren't always meant to do what the people want but what is best. Its why least over here all politicians are from legal and economical backgrounds.

smh, smh, smh..............
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by 2:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    Banned

WE THE PEOPLE (in America, of whom certain entities are expecting to do something) think otherwise, regarding the consequences OF acting.

Our Constitution starts with these three words: WE THE PEOPLE.

NOT - WE THE POLITICIANS.
    The politicians are supposed to do the will of the people. In this case (in addition to the wonderful Obamacare some of you crow about) the will of the PEOPLE is AGAINST your so-called more intelligent politicians.

Thanked by:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

They're not elected because they're wise, but because they're corrupt.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Thanked by 2:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nothingistrue View Post
    they're not elected because they're wise, but because they're corrupt.

Xt1060. Through spacetime.
    exactly

Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I hope Syria stands up to the bully that is the USA. Hope they launch fill blown attack on us navy ships. Chemical, nuclear etc. Yeah teach the US there not the world police.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I hope Syria stands up to the bully that is the USA. Hope they launch fill blown attack on us navy ships. Chemical, nuclear etc. Yeah teach the US there not the world police.
    Planet of the Apes fan???.........

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

This is foolish. I oppose intervention - especially helping rebels who are openly killing civilians and are essentially a terrorist group. I just hope the government of the country that I live in (the US) decides not to strike. There is no good end to this conflict.
    Banned

Nothing like a politics thread to find out people's true mindsets (and the ones without them).

TomsAndroid and festinator like this.

Nothing like a politics thread to find out people's true mindsets (and the ones without them).

And to see who runs to report a post they don't like. Let me know if anyone breaks any rules.

You all asked for this. Enjoy it!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

This thread makes me think of Team America.

Banned

It's astonishing that other countries are threatening or foretelling mayhem, retribution, rings of fire, devastation on us if we intervene, but they are perfectly happy, fine and jolly with Syria exterminating its own people like roaches.

Wonderful world.

I say let them kill themselves this is nam all over again we dont belong there keep out long as possible if they're dumb enough to attack us we give them time to surrender if they dont comply we carpet bomb them to hell ww2 style incendiaries no survivors

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyMorgan View Post
    This is foolish. I oppose intervention - especially helping rebels who are openly killing civilians and are essentially a terrorist group. I just hope the government of the country that I live in (the US) decides not to strike. There is no good end to this conflict.
    The other point people dont see is the arms trade all those weapons we have been blasted with most of them are from the us you see during the cold war the cia stock piled them with weapons to help keep the Russians out but they hid most of them in the desert and now they want to re arm the people that will only shoot us in the back why dont we just say what everyones thinking and know to be true just bomb them let them kill themselves and once the land is basically free of the population take the oil

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by metle_geek View Post
    why dont we just say what everyones thinking and know to be true just bomb them let them kill themselves and once the land is basically free of the population take the oil
    Not sure that's what everyone is thinking.

Thanked by: