Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Default Debt Ceiling

Oldie but goodie

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Default Re: Debt Ceiling

The child signing of the debt reminds me of Asia how often the loans are over a time frame that the children and grand children pay them, a touch sad.
    Might be a surprised some but increasing federal expenditure allowed countries not to be affect by the recession as much
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

This is what Candidate Obama had to say about raising the debt limit..

The fact that we are here today to debate raising Americas debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government cant pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase Americas debt limit.
    Then-Sen. Barack Obama, floor speech in the Senate, March 16, 2006

-----

Of course that's changed now...
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by 3:
    ludesleep and cdmjlt369 like this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

The funny thing us that in concerns to obamacare. It would actually be cheaper if the government shut down, than to raise the debt ceiling to fund obamacare.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
    Thanked by 2:
    ludesleep and cdmjlt369 like this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    This is what Candidate Obama had to say about raising the debt limit..

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”
    — Then-Sen. Barack Obama, floor speech in the Senate, March 16, 2006

-----

Of course that's changed now...
    What a two faced liar he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    The funny thing us that in concerns to obamacare. It would actually be cheaper if the government shut down, than to raise the debt ceiling to fund obamacare.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    That is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    What a two faced liar he is.
    The problem with politicians is that they act like... politicians. They'll say anything to get elected. Once they get into office, all those promises disappear.

I'm just surprised people keep voting the same people in. For example, in the months leading up to the last election, I kept hearing some Republicans say that they wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon. By not voting for Romney, they cleared the way for Barack Obama to win the election. I hope those people are happy with the results. The nation's debt will affect generations of people who haven't even been born yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    The problem with politicians is that they act like... politicians. They'll say anything to get elected. Once they get into office, all those promises disappear.

I'm just surprised people keep voting the same people in. For example, in the months leading up to the last election, I kept hearing some Republicans say that they wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon. By not voting for Romney, they cleared the way for Barack Obama to win the election. I hope those people are happy with the results. The nation's debt will affect generations of people who haven't even been born yet.
    ....but a lot of people didn't vote for Obama because they thought he was a Muslim, they thought he wasn't born in the U.S. or simply the color of his skin.
    Thanked by 2:
    Wiley_11 and nolittdroid like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Uh, the debt the US had amassed was passed via Congress. It's their job to pass the budget, in turn they have to pay the bills.

Let's get the story straight. Despite the right wing opinion, everything on this planet that is messed up is not the fault of the President. Please people, pay attention to civics class, it's kinda important.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Uh, the debt the US had amassed was passed via Congress. It's their job to pass the budget, in turn they have to pay the bills.

Let's get the story straight. Despite the right wing opinion, everything on this planet that is messed up is not the fault of the President. Please people, pay attention to civics class, it's kinda important.

Sent via Note II
    I'm sure you sang the same tune when Bush was president. But you are right, and lets look at those numbers. The Democrats have been the majority in the House for about 46 of the last 60 years since 1950. The Senate has been controlled by the Democrats for about 40 of those 60 years.

How The Private Central Bank Ponzi Scheme Trapped And Destroyed America

Awaken slaves! - How The Private Central Bank Ponzi Scheme Trapped And Destroyed America | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED...........

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    I'm sure you sang the same tune when Bush was president. But you are right, and lets look at those numbers. The Democrats have been the majority in the House for about 46 of the last 60 years since 1950. The Senate has been controlled by the Democrats for about 40 of those 60 years.
    You wouldn't like my singing anymore than you like my opinions.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    Wiley_11 and nolittdroid like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    ....but a lot of people didn't vote for Obama because they thought he was a Muslim, they thought he wasn't born in the U.S. or simply the color of his skin.
    Yep... and alot of people voted for him because of the color of his skin too.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ROM
    Viper

I would be willing to bet ALOT more voted for him because of his skin color as opposed to against.

And please dont come back with any sort of read-between-the-lines accusation against me for this observation. I was on the Cain Train for the last election before the media made sure that he was destroyed. Poor man was Obama's worst nightmare. A black conservative.
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

ROM
    Viper

Stop raising the ceiling. Stop going into debt. Cut spending. Do whatever it takes. The Federal Government is obese. It's time to go on a diet.

Me and my future children are already going to have to pay for the current debt for the rest of our lives. Dont make it my future grandchildren as well.
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

That is true. Let me try to clarify my previous post. Republicans generally vote for the Republican candidate, which, in the last election, would be Romney. Some Republicans didn't vote for Romney because they had a problem with his religion. So they ended up voting for nobody.

In a tight race, you can't afford to lose anyone. Obama won by about 51% of the vote. If all of the Republicans voted for Romney (even if some of them had a problem with him), Romney could have won. You just need to flip a few battleground states like Ohio or Florida to change the outcome of the election.

That is true. Let me try to clarify my previous post. Republicans generally vote for the Republican candidate, which, in the last election, would be Romney. Some Republicans didn't vote for Romney because they had a problem with his religion. So they ended up voting for nobody.

In a tight race, you can't afford to lose anyone. Obama won by about 51% of the vote. If all of the Republicans voted for Romney (even if some of them had a problem with him), Romney could have won. You just need to flip a few battleground states like Ohio or Florida to change the outcome of the election.
    I see what your saying, but is there some study you can direct me to that proves this hypothesis? i.e., Republicans who didn't like Romney due to his religion, didn't vote at all. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I would be willing to bet ALOT more voted for him because of his skin color as opposed to against.

And please dont come back with any sort of read-between-the-lines accusation against me for this observation. I was on the Cain Train for the last election before the media made sure that he was destroyed. Poor man was Obama's worst nightmare. A black conservative.
    I don't disagree with your statement, but my point was directed at Scott7217, where he points out what caused Romney's loss.
    Thanked by:

I see what your saying, but is there some study you can direct me to that proves this hypothesis? i.e., Republicans who didn't like Romney due to his religion, didn't vote at all. Thanks!
    It was probably something I heard on Fox News. Romney's loss shocked them, and in the aftermath, they were struggling to come up with explanations to the outcome.

I can certainly be wrong about why Romney lost the election. To be clear, I'm not saying there is only one reason why Romney lost, but I think it's reasonable to say that staying home (for whatever reason) instead of voting does not help Romney.
    Banned

So how is not voting for Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon any different than people voting for obama because he is black? You read it right, that is not a typo. Yes, politicians do say anything to get elected. Look at Lincoln's inaugural speech for example.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post

Well said. Actually I liked Cain too, just like I like West. I do not care what race or religion, or gender, or hell even what party you are, as long as you are good, have great goals and plans, that is all that matters. I know blacks who I worked with back in 2008 who were pretty conservative who voted for obama because "he is black." That is a quote from them, so do NOT attack me for that! In the prison system I believe that they are called "g riders" or so my cousin who works for the Division of Corrections said.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Thanks, Steve. You just gave me my new Facebook status.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    Well said. Actually I liked Cain too, just like I like West. I do not care what race or religion, or gender, or hell even what party you are, as long as you are good, have great goals and plans, that is all that matters. I know blacks who I worked with back in 2008 who were pretty conservative who voted for obama because "he is black." That is a quote from them, so do NOT attack me for that! In the prison system I believe that they are called "g riders" or so my cousin who works for the Division of Corrections said.
    Allen West?! Have you checked his military history? We must live on different planets.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3 now Free
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

I'm not a democrat nor a republican. But to me raising the debt ceiling is like your credit card company saying "You can't make your minimum payments on a $5000 line of credit...so we're going to raise it to $10000. Hope it helps!"

✌SG3/iPad2
    Sent from my S3

It was probably something I heard on Fox News. Romney's loss shocked them, and in the aftermath, they were struggling to come up with explanations to the outcome.

I can certainly be wrong about why Romney lost the election. To be clear, I'm not saying there is only one reason why Romney lost, but I think it's reasonable to say that staying home (for whatever reason) instead of voting does not help Romney.
    I would say he lost the election because he's out of touch with voters. Why would the American people vote for this guy after several failures to make it as the Republican primary? Mitt Romney was the best this county can do? Women and minorities all breathed a collective sigh of relief when we ended up with the better of two terrible options.

✌SG3/iPad2
    Sent from my S3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    I'm not a democrat nor a republican. But to me raising the debt ceiling is like your credit card company saying "You can't make your minimum payments on a $5000 line of credit...so we're going to raise it to $10000. Hope it helps!"

✌SG3/iPad2
    I do not vote for a party, but for that person and what they stand for. And you made a great analogy to the credit card company. If the government was a business they would be out of business already. I wish in school they taught financial responsibility.
    nolittdroid likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast