Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Global Posts
    5,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Delay Obamacare?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    If Romney had put a brighter spotlight on Obama's remarks, we might have a President Romney in the White House today.
    That's possible, but from demographics it seems unlikely. Are the 5% (up to 5% according to Cantor, haven't fact checked that) both living in swing states and die hard democrats that would have switch to a republican voter on that sole issue? Or would they have not voted (50% as effective)?

The states that ended blue and were within 5% are: CO, FL, OH, and VA. They have 9, 29, 18 and 13 electoral votes, which would be 69 total. So if 100% of the displaced in those states were democrats and all chose to not vote or vote republican, then the total would have been 275 to 263 in Romney's favor. However, given that the demographic of the displaced is typically self employed (kills the idea by itself), middle aged and affluent enough to be able to afford private insurance... winning all 4 of those states seems next to impossible, and not winning a single one of FL, OH and VA nets the result that we got.

Those four states equate to 15% of voters and Romney would have needed a total of between 202,842 to 405,684 people to either not vote or to switch votes from Obama to Romney, all in the right states. For the most part any other action in any other state would be ineffectual except perhaps Pennsylvania. In this election, with Ohio (and a few other critical states, but mostly Ohio) goes the nation. Even though I believe Obama and Romney would behave identically (while speaking differently), unfortunately Romney never had a realistic chance. That's kinda sad.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Not going to lie, sometimes I wish we had the ability to see the actual results of the "what if" game.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Viper

If Romney had put a brighter spotlight on Obama's remarks, we might have a President Romney in the White House today.
    Meh Romney would have needed a better campaign in general. And the Republicans would have had to have rallied behind him sooner and headed off the Obama demonization tactics that he started very early on. By the time the race had really started, Obama had convinced the general public that Romney was a rich old white man that hated everyone. It was an up hill battle from there and Romney 's campaign was not the greatest to begin with.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Romney won Obama that election with his dumb remarks. Any politician should know that there's always someone listening..

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak715 View Post
    Romney won Obama that election with his dumb remarks. Any politician should know that there's always someone listening..

Posted via Android Central App
    Obama had PLENTY dumb remarks caught on mikes too... how soon we forget.

Signatures, shmignatures...

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

You really hate that man. About as much as I disliked St. Ronnie, I assume.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    You really hate that man. About as much as I disliked St. Ronnie, I assume.

It takes alot for me to like ANY politician. Seriously.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I'm lukewarm about most of them. Cheney, I despise though. He is Darth Vader.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    gamefreak715 likes this.
    Banned

Isn't he in Ancient History books now?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Not ancient history enough, he keeps talking and talking. :banghead:

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Banned

Not ancient history enough, he keeps talking and talking. :banghead:

So does Pelosi.

I think we can cross them both off the list.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Agreed. She's not a favorite of mine either.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    5,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Being Darth Vader is a good thing. Cheney is no Vader. He is more like some goon from a bad Twilight movie.

gamefreak715 likes this.

ROM
    Viper

Agreed. She's not a favorite of mine either.

I'll dig a hole and we can throw Pelosi in. Help me dig and I'll let you chip in Cheney in as well...
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I'll dig a hole and we can throw Pelosi in. Help me dig and I'll let you chip in Cheney in as well...
    Toss the ACA in with her and not let her out until she reads it all to know what's in it?

The ACA was bad law from the start, simple redistribution. Regulations could have been implemented to deal with the most pressing issues such as
    preexisting conditions etc. The government could actually have subsidized the current case load of prex people and this would have been far better than
    the disaster this is shaping up to be. The facts are the congress should have been forced to read the law first with the public having great periods of time to
    debate the issue, didn't happen. Nacy Pelosi is a simpel fraud who stated that you can find out whats in the law after its passed, the president lied
    over and over again about being able to keep doctors and insurance. Repeal the law and start over, use your heads this time. Take the time to read
    and understand the law first.

Also, the Democrats own this as the Republicans in the House did not cast a single vote in favor.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

All I know is that my husband is self insured, he received a letter about 2 months ago from United Healthcare stating that the ACA was about to take effect and they hoped he would continue to choose UHC. No premium hike, no cancellation. Nothing changed for him at all. And he pays 278/mo.

Everyone's experience is different. This is ours.

Maybe if there hadn't been so much hoopla and dissent about the single payer system like Medicare (which I have and it's great) we wouldn't be here in this thread complaining about healthcare. But no, just a bunch of yapping about socialized medicine and how this nation is going to hell in a handbasket because someone dare try to change the 'system'. People want to be able to go see a doctor when they're sick without spending (in most cases not paying) thousands of dollars in ER bills every time they get sick.

Are there problems with the ACA? Yes. Is there a rational, reasonable way to deal with and fix the parts that don't work? Yes. It's called working together and doing your job. Maybe if the naysayers would put a little effort into talking and discussing solutions instead of holding rallies, making appearances and shutting down the government to rail against the law, we might get to a better place.

But I'm not holding out much hope.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    palandri likes this.

All I know is that my husband is self insured, he received a letter about 2 months ago from United Healthcare stating that the ACA was about to take effect and they hoped he would continue to choose UHC. No premium hike, no cancellation. Nothing changed for him at all. And he pays 278/mo.

Maybe if there hadn't been so much hoopla and dissent about the single payer system like Medicare (which I have and it's great) we wouldn't be here in this thread complaining about healthcare. But no, just a bunch of yapping about socialized medicine and how this nation is going to hell in a handbasket because someone dare try to change the 'system'. People want to be able to go see a doctor when they're sick without spending (in most cases not paying) thousands of dollars in ER bills every time they get sick.

Are there problems with the ACA? Yes. Is there a rational, reasonable way to deal with and fix the parts that don't work? Yes. It's called working together and doing your job. Maybe if the naysayers would put a little effort into talking and discussing solutions instead of holding rallies, making appearances and shutting down the government to rail against the law, we might get to a better place.

Agree with you 100% that somthing needed to be done. Also agree no one else was even proposing anything. However, this bill is already hurting far more than its helping. 4.2 million have gotten cancellation notices already. This will devastate the middle class as we are the ones losing coverage and will not qualify for subsidies. Thats just the money aspect. Doctor shortages, appointment wait times and quality of care will also be issues. I personally believe healthcare would have been better off by:
    *the government not taking over completely
    *allow people to shop across state lines
    *medical savings accounts
    *I don't know how, but address the pre-existing conditions issue

This would be a good start and much less invasive and controlling. But some of us know the ACA is about control.

Sent from a device that supports the proposed 28th amendment
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

We won't get to a better place until the 3 stooges are out of office. Obama , Pelosi and Reid. Currently the country is getting exactly what the country deserves. Horrible government caused by electing clueless liberals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
    Thanked by:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Or Cruz, Boehner and Cantor and McConnell.

It goes both ways.

How about addressing the problem instead of complaining about it. Where is the health plan from the Republicans?

Maybe Alan Grayson was right about the Republican plan; get sick and die quickly.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by 3:
    palandri likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #196  

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Maybe if the naysayers would put a little effort into talking and discussing solutions instead of holding rallies, making appearances and shutting down the government to rail against the law, we might get to a better place.
    Maybe if the democrats hadn't gotten together in the middle of the night and passed a law that the MAJORITY OF U.S.CITIZENS DON'T WANT, we might get to a better place. I had a great (not junk) BCBS policy and paid 450/month. Now a comparable Obummercare platinum policy will cost me 655 AFTER subsidy. What is fair about that? Why shouldn't I have been allowed to make the choice to keep my old plan? The liberals do not know what is best for me.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Like I said, my husband's policy didn't change, I would ask your insurance company why yours did. And the calling the president obummer is really getting old.

And btw, did you have a platinum policy before? If so, I doubt you would have been made to change it.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    gamefreak715 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Maybe if the democrats hadn't gotten together in the middle of the night and passed a law that the MAJORITY OF U.S.CITIZENS DON'T WANT, we might get to a better place.
    So, many laws are passed that way... Federal Reserve, patriot act, etc. This wasn't really one of them. If you recall, we as the public were debating this, as was Congress, through most if 2009.

The bill wasn't passed without Congress reading it, as people claim when they misrepresent Pelosi's out of context statement. Rather the opposite... it was hotly debated in chambers, in the media, in campuses, coffee shops and bars and in homes around the globe prior to the final votes.

There is still a difference between myths (talking points usually) and actual history. What's the real reason for all of the lies about this? Does hating it so much justify destruction at all costs? I can't stand the ACA either, but I'm not about to dishonor myself by repeating all of the lies about it.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

rexxman likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #199  

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Like I said, my husband's policy didn't change, I would ask your insurance company why yours did. And the calling the president obummer is really getting old.

And btw, did you have a platinum policy before? If so, I doubt you would have been made to change it.

Yeah, I have a platinum coverage now. But my copay is going up $10, so it will no longer be grandfathered. They made the "grandfather" restrictions so restrictive that basically no plan can be grandfathered, and that is more Obummer BS.
    And you're right, I shouldn't call him Obummer. I should call him a liar. "If you want to keep your healthcare plan, then you can keep it. PERIOD". What about that statement is not a bald-faced lie, no matter how you spin it? Especially when it was discovered that they knew it was a lie, and decided to keep telling it anyway. If the truth had been told, Americans would have raised so much cain that the law would have never passed, and then the election results may have been different.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

He probably didn't have maternity coverage, et al.

On a related note, anyone else listen to the hearing the other day where the congresswoman asked Sebilious when the was last time she heard of a man having a baby? I didn't see it, but could almost feel the director's face heat up through the radio.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast