Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Delay Obamacare?

Well, what do you think? With the absolutely botched rollout of the Obamacare website, and the minimal number of people that have signed up (last count that I read was less than 60,000), should the individual mandate be delayed? Website traffic has already dropped 90% by the second week. Maybe to delay it if a fix is not accomplished by November 15? From what I have read, there could be over 5,000,000 lines of code to be rewritten, just for starters. Other say that they are clueless as to what the problem is!
    I am not speaking of repeal, as it is already a law, but a delay to get it functional. How can people be fined, if they cannot buy the insurance?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

Default Re: Delay Obamacare?

If the vote to repeal is taken out of this particular discussion, I say delay it. Even if not for the site issues, just on principle because of the delay afforded to companies.
    Thanked by:
    pappy53 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    I am not speaking of repeal, as it is already a law, but a delay to get it functional. How can people be fined, if they cannot buy the insurance?
    Could people apply using other means besides the website? Maybe people should apply over the phone or via postal mail.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    Could people apply using other means besides the website? Maybe people should apply over the phone or via postal mail.
    If you call the phone number, they tell you to go to the website, because they can't take personal info over the phone.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Obama: "Easy as booking a room on kayak.com". LOL!!
    3 1/2 years and $400,000,000 later, and it's basically unusable./smh

As soon as we get rid of Obummercareless, we can get rid of all the stupid government air pollution regulations that are costing businesses millions of dollars a year. All that global warming nonsense. China did and they're doing just fine.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

How can people be fined, if they cannot buy the insurance?
    Lol, it's the government. They're the only ones that don't have to pay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,901 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well, what do you think? With the absolutely botched rollout of the Obamacare website, and the minimal number of people that have signed up (last count that I read was less than 60,000), should the individual mandate be delayed? Website traffic has already dropped 90% by the second week. Maybe to delay it if a fix is not accomplished by November 15? From what I have read, there could be over 5,000,000 lines of code to be rewritten, just for starters. Other say that they are clueless as to what the problem is!
    Two of those things are guesses. They haven't released numbers for people that have actually purchased plans, and nobody has any idea how many lines of code need to be redone.

That being said, if the body enforcing a deadline is the same body stopping you from meeting said deadline, then maybe the deadline needs to be moved.

Of course, that didn't stop the IRS from shortening tax season, did it?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Anyone got a good website to see all about it as I'm still not sure if I need it or not. At college the instructor said you can get around it if you are an illegal immigrant which I'm not, in jail of course not, if its 8% of you monthly income which applies to me as I'm a part time . Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

If you call the phone number, they tell you to go to the website, because they can't take personal info over the phone.
    I thought i heard the site isn't even https://

Signatures, shmignatures...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

https://www.healthcare.gov/

Seems to be.
    Last edited by pappy53; 10-23-2013 at 12:09 PM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does anyone really, truly believe that they don't have the numbers? If the numbers were good, they would be plastered all over the media outlets.

https://www.healthcare.gov/

Seems to be.
    Isn't that site down or congested most of the time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

That's too bad. Maybe we can try fax machines.

ROM
    Viper

While they should delay the ACA for the simple fact that every part of it has been a disaster so far, I hope they don't. It is time for the misguided but logical people in this country that supported the bill in the first place to see the destruction it is going to cause before the mid term elections. The blind that will support the bill no matter what are a lost cause and should be treated as such.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Thanked by 3:
    StopVerizonism likes this.

That's interesting because I had a similar thought. Now that Democrats are wanting to delay and modify the law for the website issues, maybe the Republicans should fight against it and say, "No, we already gave you that chance but you didn't want it. That bus already left and now you have to deal with the consequences." And then give them a big smug grin. Lol
    Thanked by 2:
    cdmjlt369 and StopVerizonism like this.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Wouldn't it be neat if they grew up and decided to do what's in the best interest of the nation and their constituents (in that order) instead of playing petty and vindictive games with the lives and livelihoods of millions stuck in the balance?

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by 3:
    cdmjlt369 likes this.

The U.S. government grow up and stop fighting? You don't belong in this thread. Get out!

(I kid,I kid :beer: )
    Thanked by 2:
    Darth Spock likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    The U.S. government grow up and stop fighting? You don't belong in this thread. Get out!

(I kid,I kid :beer: )
    LOL

Signatures, shmignatures...

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    While they should delay the ACA for the simple fact that every part of it has been a disaster so far, I hope they don't. It is time for the misguided but logical people in this country that supported the bill in the first place to see the destruction it is going to cause before the mid term elections. The blind that will support the bill no matter what are a lost cause and should be treated as such.
    Every part of it has been a disaster so far?

Thanks to ACA, a son was able to be added to my health coverage. This resulted in covering an expensive life saving medical procedure that without the coverage, would have resulted in bankruptcy.

There is none more blind then he who will not see.

Posted via Android Central App
    msndrstood and Fairclough like this.

I'm sure there are a few benefits that have been realized with the ACA, but mathematics doesn't care about feel good emotions. Despite those few good things, the law so far has been riddled with problems and major blunders. The website debacle being a prime example. If the government can't even do the simple aspect without running 15X over budget (last I heard, that $600+ million botch job was only supposed to be $40 million), what makes anyone think the other parts will work at all? The math hasn't worked and I don't expect any miracles that it will, and this has a high chance of running our economy into the ground. Don't be surprised if you eventually loose the new coverage when the system collapses under these rules.

And now I'm hearing predictions that there could be a net loss of insured people due to the ACA. Now there's irony! The thinking is with the hundreds of thousands of people, and growing, having the policies that they liked and wanted to keep get cancelled, many are deciding not to bother with the new bloated and more expensive policies and will just opt to pay the penalty. You know, those policies as Obama and company promised people could keep, only to find out they don't meet the new requirements. I suspected something like this would pop up when Pelosi insisted on passing the law before finding out what's in it. You think this would have stood a chance if given time to be vetted and bold faced lies like that were exposed. The negative public outcry would have been deafening. Then again, the democrats were already pretty deaf to the outcry that already existed before passage.
    StopVerizonism likes this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Read it again. That wasn't about feel good emotions. That was about avoiding financial bankruptcy.

You are not in favor of the law, I get that.

You say much but with no real insight or authority. Just opinion and I suspect not really your own.

msndrstood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Read it again. That wasn't about feel good emotions. That was about avoiding financial bankruptcy.
    Fair enough, but your post came off as if trying to act like there are stories like that all over. If that wasn't your intent, forgive me, but there is still the concern of the basic dollars and cents aspect and if this law will ever be financially stable.

You say much but with no real insight or authority. Just opinion and I suspect not really your own.
    You can't make statements like that and not at least point out what I've said that you have a problem with and why. Otherwise, it's just a blind character attack with no basis or real meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Thanks to ACA, a son was able to be added to my health coverage. This resulted in covering an expensive life saving medical procedure that without the coverage, would have resulted in bankruptcy.
    Thank you for sharing your story. Before the ACA, what were the barriers that prevented your son from getting coverage?

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    Thank you for sharing your story. Before the ACA, what were the barriers that prevented your son from getting coverage?
    No college, no work, 22yo.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast