Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Name the 2016 Presidential ticket YOU'd like to see and...

what names do you think will actually be on the ticket.

Mark. My. Words. - -
    Today, November 8, 2013 - -
    I think that Hillary will convince Gov. Christie (without too much effort, btw) to switch over to the Democrats and name him as her Vice Presidential running mate, in order to lock-in an excellent chance of winning. This way, along with her automatic Zombie vote, she'll also secure a hefty portion of the Undecideds. Scary (not only because of the Zombie thing), but very real possibility.

I have no clue what the Republican ticket will look like, and I'm pretty convinced they don't either.

Signatures, shmignatures...

ROM
    Viper

Default Re: Name the 2016 Presidential ticket YOU'd like to see and...

Republican ticket could be one of several people. It will be a crazy in party race like last time. Let's hope they are smart enough to rally around someone sooner this time.

Democrats. The strongest undercurrent is obviously Hillary. I am hoping for her to hit it too strong in the beginning and be destroyed before she has much of a chance for the nomination. This will cannibalize the vote like Ron Paul did last election to the Republicans if she does not get the nomination.

Benghazi scandal will work strongly against her. She needs to play the victim "they are just mean old Republicans" role flawlessly to get past it.

Then of course if she does get the nomination, everyone will be called sexist that opposes her. Just like Obama and racist. I really don't look forward to this election for that alone...
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Thanked by 2:

LOL! Come on.

Christie is a Republican and isn't going to switch to the DFL.

The whole racist thing with Obama can totally be avoided if the right attacks the issues rather than the man. The whole he lied about where he was born; I have his Kenya birth certificate. He lied about being a Christian and the Obama is the antichrist YouTube videos... and so on..., doesn't work. I think Mitt Romney did a good job attacking the issues. When Mitt was asked things about Obama's birth certificate or whatever else, he simply replied if there was an issue with it making him ineligible for the presidency the Hillary campaign would have found it.

I don't think Hillary would be a good candidate for the DFL. She carries too much baggage from the Clinton presidency. If she does get the DFL endorsement, the right needs to attack the issues and not change the, "he lied" to "she lied" or bring up any other crazy issues like, I remember hearing a right wing host claiming Hillary was a lesbian.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    LOL! Come on.

Christie is a Republican...
    Umm, that's why I said the words "switch over".

What. Like that hasn't happened before? Politicians switch parties all the time.

Signatures, shmignatures...
    palandri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    Umm, that's why I said the words "switch over".

What. Like that hasn't happened before? Politicians switch parties all the time.
    Your right, some politicians have switched parties, but Christie's politics are in line with the Republicans, and not the Democrats..
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Then of course if she does get the nomination, everyone will be called sexist that opposes her. Just like Obama and racist. I really don't look forward to this election for that alone...
    There are female Republicans who can call out Clinton on her record. It would be hard to label them as being sexist.
    palandri likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Benghazi scandal will work strongly against her.
    It hasn't yet.

I would like to see someone with successful business experience like Herman Cain or Donald Trump run. Allen West is another favorite of mine. Other than that, I have no clue.

posted on my mobile device please excuse any errors

For the Republicans, I'd like to see Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani run. (I would also approve of Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, but both said that they're not running.)

For the Democrats, I'd want to see Hillary Clinton and Cory Booker.

Who would I like to see? Apple Jack (she's honest and runs her own business with the family farm), with Rainbow Dash as VP (she has that certain gusto and loyalty we need).

Now who do I expect to see? So many things could change right now that it's hard to say. I'm sure Hillary will try for it, but not sure if she will win the primary.

Politicians switch parties all the time.
    I could see Chris Christie switching to the Democrats if the Republicans have a big internal struggle and end up throwing him out of the party. Christie would then run as a Democrat mostly for revenge.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    For the Republicans, I'd like to see Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani run. (I would also approve of Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, but both said that they're not running.)

For the Democrats, I'd want to see Hillary Clinton and Cory Booker.
    I forgot about Rudy Giuliani, he was pretty good as Mayor of New York City. I like Condoleezza Rice, and I would vote for her as well. Sadly she did say that she isn't going to run.
    Thanked by 3:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    I forgot about Rudy Giuliani, he was pretty good as Mayor of New York City. I like Condoleezza Rice, and I would vote for her as well. Sadly she did say that she isn't going to run.
    I was still living in NY when Giuliani was mayor there. In my opinion, he was the best mayor NY has had for generations. I was very disappointed when he dropped out of the Presidential race the first time around and I think he's lost too much desire and momentum to even think of trying to be the nominee again.

(⊙_⊙)
    Thanked by 2:
    Scott7217 and kct1975 like this.
    Banned

I was still living in NY when Giuliani was mayor there. In my opinion, he was the best mayor NY has had for generations. I was very disappointed when he dropped out of the Presidential race the first time around and I think he's lost too much desire and momentum to even think of trying to be the nominee again.

(⊙_⊙)
    I liked how he handled 9-11 and wish that he stayed in politics. Sadly I think that him being out of the loop might have hurt him. What is he doing now do you know?
    Last edited by JW4VZW; 11-17-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

Would love to see a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren ticket for the democrats but that will never happen.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    palandri and gamefreak715 like this.

I'd vote for Ron Paul again in a heartbeat, if he were to run. Other than that, I'm strictly Libertarian. I really have no use for either of the two hegemonic parties, nor any of the people who support the idea that they are the only game in town. As it is, we're going in the toilet anyhow with like 37% unemployment, so here's my question back at the rest of you in this thread: Does any of this political crap really, honestly, and truly matter any more?
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 likes this.

I was still living in NY when Giuliani was mayor there. In my opinion, he was the best mayor NY has had for generations.
    I think Rudy Giuliani can do what Joe Biden did. Biden had an unsuccessful presidential campaign in the past, but that didn't stop him from accepting Obama's invitation to run as vice president. If Chris Christie asked Giuliani to run with him, I think he would accept.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    I liked how he handled 9-11 and wish that he stayed in politics. Sadly I think that him being out of the loop might have hurt him. What is he doing now do you know?
    He really did do a great job handling 9/11. I think Pataki bungled the future of the site in the aftermath.

Not sure what Giuliani's doing now besides some guest appearances on Fox. Living in Atlanta is like living on another planet, lol.
    Thanked by 2:
    Banned

He really did do a great job handling 9/11. I think Pataki bungled the future of the site in the aftermath.

Not sure what Giuliani's doing now besides some guest appearances on Fox. Living in Atlanta is like living on another planet, lol.
    I hear you. Virginia Beach is almost the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    Does any of this political crap really, honestly, and truly matter any more?
    Yes, it does. We are witnessing decisions that will affect generations that haven't been born yet. 2016 is only a few years away. At the time, the American people will have to decide if they want to stay the course or change direction.
    Thanked by:

Let me try and torture an analogy here a bit.

Assume an individual is on a sinking ship. Assume that abandoning that ship simply isn't practical (middle of the ocean, lots of predators in the surrounding waters, etc.) The only remaining option one has is to find the source of the sinking condition (i.e. a leak; ergo, a hull breach, for instance) and do two things. The first thing is to try and patch the hull or perform the nearest equivalent to it (sealing off all air/water-tight doors in the area to contain the flooding) and as much as possible to remove the water already on-board that shouldn't be there. In an ideal world, you would also have crews in and outside doing hull plate repair.

What we are doing in this country, in my view and the view of others, is more akin to re-arranging the deck chairs, as though that will somehow do the trick. Worse yet, the situation has been kind of like this:

1. Lots of people and groups have denied there really is a problem;
    2. Lots of people and groups have conflicting ideas on what a "properly functioning U.S." should look like;
    3. As things finally got bad enough that most (still not all) people were forced to admit there is a problem, then...
    4. We had people up in arms arguing whether the problem was new or had been around for a while;
    5. We had (and still have) people arguing what the causes were;
    6. We still have a problem with polarization of people in this country, meaning we can't get a meaningful consensus;
    7. Politicians and their leash-holders have been both re-arranging deck chairs and doing other new, destructive things;
    8. We the people are as divided as we've ever been, or more, on domestic, fiscal, and foreign policy;
    9. It seems (to me at least) that our society is still a bit too stuck on how awesome it is

Therefore, yes, we have problems. Yes, they are catastrophic. Yes, failure to correct them will wind up with probably either a marginalized or maybe even destroyed country. Yes, that's all important.

But I didn't ask "Is it important?"... I asked "Does it matter?" and that is a whole different question.

We're living in a country where a very significant percentage of people think that people like Bradley Manning, Julian Assange, and Edward Snowden are traitors and terrorists, or at a minimum they are criminals. We're living in a country that thinks it's not nice of our government to spy on us, but is indifferent to whether we're spying on anyone else. We're living in a country which didn't apparently care about warnings long in advance of the real estate bubble, the S&L bubble, the debt ceiling issues, issues with blowback, and so forth.

None of this is to say there's nobody in this country who cares. I care, I'm certain that you care too, Scott, and there's probably lots of others as well. Clearly there are others as well because many or most of those people are the ones who have supported, for example, Ron Paul as well as a multitude of Libertarian and other party candidates, party platforms, etc. But at the end of the day, not enough people were willing to do anything about it. "You have to throw away your conscience and vote for McCain / Romney because he's the only one who can defeat Obama, and Obama is an evil tyrant and therefore needs to be defeated" was the constant harangue coming out of the GOP during the 2008 and 2012 election cycles. I'd say they were wrong, but I'll just let history speak for itself.

And so here we are. Again. Nothing has changed, and it appears nothing is going to change.

So, is it important? Yep. Does it matter? I guess not.
    gamefreak715 likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    Let me try and torture an analogy here a bit.

Assume an individual is on a sinking ship. Assume that abandoning that ship simply isn't practical (middle of the ocean, lots of predators in the surrounding waters, etc.) The only remaining option one has is to find the source of the sinking condition (i.e. a leak; ergo, a hull breach, for instance) and do two things. The first thing is to try and patch the hull or perform the nearest equivalent to it (sealing off all air/water-tight doors in the area to contain the flooding) and as much as possible to remove the water already on-board that shouldn't be there. In an ideal world, you would also have crews in and outside doing hull plate repair.

What we are doing in this country, in my view and the view of others, is more akin to re-arranging the deck chairs, as though that will somehow do the trick. Worse yet, the situation has been kind of like this:

1. Lots of people and groups have denied there really is a problem;
    2. Lots of people and groups have conflicting ideas on what a "properly functioning U.S." should look like;
    3. As things finally got bad enough that most (still not all) people were forced to admit there is a problem, then...
    4. We had people up in arms arguing whether the problem was new or had been around for a while;
    5. We had (and still have) people arguing what the causes were;
    6. We still have a problem with polarization of people in this country, meaning we can't get a meaningful consensus;
    7. Politicians and their leash-holders have been both re-arranging deck chairs and doing other new, destructive things;
    8. We the people are as divided as we've ever been, or more, on domestic, fiscal, and foreign policy;
    9. It seems (to me at least) that our society is still a bit too stuck on how awesome it is

Therefore, yes, we have problems. Yes, they are catastrophic. Yes, failure to correct them will wind up with probably either a marginalized or maybe even destroyed country. Yes, that's all important.

But I didn't ask "Is it important?"... I asked "Does it matter?" and that is a whole different question.

We're living in a country where a very significant percentage of people think that people like Bradley Manning, Julian Assange, and Edward Snowden are traitors and terrorists, or at a minimum they are criminals. We're living in a country that thinks it's not nice of our government to spy on us, but is indifferent to whether we're spying on anyone else. We're living in a country which didn't apparently care about warnings long in advance of the real estate bubble, the S&L bubble, the debt ceiling issues, issues with blowback, and so forth.

None of this is to say there's nobody in this country who cares. I care, I'm certain that you care too, Scott, and there's probably lots of others as well. Clearly there are others as well because many or most of those people are the ones who have supported, for example, Ron Paul as well as a multitude of Libertarian and other party candidates, party platforms, etc. But at the end of the day, not enough people were willing to do anything about it. "You have to throw away your conscience and vote for McCain / Romney because he's the only one who can defeat Obama, and Obama is an evil tyrant and therefore needs to be defeated" was the constant harangue coming out of the GOP during the 2008 and 2012 election cycles. I'd say they were wrong, but I'll just let history speak for itself.

And so here we are. Again. Nothing has changed, and it appears nothing is going to change.

So, is it important? Yep. Does it matter? I guess not.
    We have sheet rock hangers trying to fix the leak in the ceiling.
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Banned

On second thought; I don't even think they're trying to fix anything.
    Thanked by:
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
    Banned

That is such a good fix!

posted on my mobile device please excuse any errors
    Thanked by 2:

For the Democrats, pick two from the following: Franken, Warren, Sanders. For the Republicans, pick two from the following: Bachman, Paul, Cruz, Palin. Easy win for the Democrats.
    Last edited by binaryhermit; 11-23-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: removed immature name calling
    gamefreak715 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Does every conversation dissolve into name calling on the Politics thread?

It's getting very old.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by 2:
    palandri and gamefreak715 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast