Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I want our money back

Some of us lived through both sets of dates below. This really puts
    waste and stupidity into prospective. It also points out the will,
    determination and dedication of the last two generations. It also points out the stupidity and complacency of the present members of Congress. Most do NOT represent the American people, but only their own interests.

WOW! Look at this perspective of time and events.....must read it

March 21st 2010 to October 1 2013 is 3 years, 6 months, 10 days.

December 7, 1941 to May 8, 1945 is 3 years, 5 months, 1 day.

What this means is that in the time we were attacked at Pearl Harbor
    to the day Germany surrendered is not enough time for this federal
    government to build a working webpage.

Mobilization of millions, building tens of thousands of tanks,
    planes, jeeps, subs, cruisers, destroyers, torpedoes, millions upon
    millions of guns, bombs, ammo, etc. Turning the tide in North Africa,
    Invading Italy, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Race to Berlin - all while we were also fighting the Japanese in the Pacific!!

And they can't build a website in that time.

Website companies have come forward and stated that the Cost of Obamacare website has exceeded the cost of building ALL major websites for Amazon, Facebook, etc!!!

WHAT YOU HAVE WITNESSED IS THE WHOLESALE THEFT OF $100S OF MILLIONS FROM US THE TAXPAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES AND THE MEDIA SITS BY TOO................PEOPLE SHOULD BE FIRED AND MANY NEED TO GO TO JAIL. ONE CANNOT BEGIN TO JUSTIFY HHS WEBSITE COSTS AND LACK OF PERFORMANCE.
    Thanked by 3:
    Bratiganqxr 
    Bratigan and CR6 like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: I want our money back

Your anger should be directed at the company that built the website. If you didn't do your job correctly, then you would be held accountable. No one at HHS wrote the code.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...than-ever.html

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    palandri and gamefreak715 like this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ludesleep View Post
    Some of us lived through both sets of dates below. This really puts
    waste and stupidity into prospective. It also points out the will,
    determination and dedication of the last two generations. It also points out the stupidity and complacency of the present members of Congress. Most do NOT represent the American people, but only their own interests.

WOW! Look at this perspective of time and events.....must read it

March 21st 2010 to October 1 2013 is 3 years, 6 months, 10 days.

December 7, 1941 to May 8, 1945 is 3 years, 5 months, 1 day.

What this means is that in the time we were attacked at Pearl Harbor
    to the day Germany surrendered is not enough time for this federal
    government to build a working webpage.

Mobilization of millions, building tens of thousands of tanks,
    planes, jeeps, subs, cruisers, destroyers, torpedoes, millions upon
    millions of guns, bombs, ammo, etc. Turning the tide in North Africa,
    Invading Italy, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Race to Berlin - all while we were also fighting the Japanese in the Pacific!!

And they can't build a website in that time.

Website companies have come forward and stated that the Cost of Obamacare website has exceeded the cost of building ALL major websites for Amazon, Facebook, etc!!!

WHAT YOU HAVE WITNESSED IS THE WHOLESALE THEFT OF $100S OF MILLIONS FROM US THE TAXPAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES AND THE MEDIA SITS BY TOO................PEOPLE SHOULD BE FIRED AND MANY NEED TO GO TO JAIL. ONE CANNOT BEGIN TO JUSTIFY HHS WEBSITE COSTS AND LACK OF PERFORMANCE.
    $634,000,000 for the website.

Signatures, shmignatures...
    CR6 likes this.

I still think that there is something else going on. An attack/hacking or something happening to the website, but they won't say what it is at this point because they don't want the people doing it to stop doing it, so they can nail everyone involved. The government now has the geeks from Red Hat in Raleigh, North Carolina working on it and there are no better geeks in the U.S. and I just don't think it should take this much time to fix, It just doesn't make any sense. That's why I think something else is going on
    gamefreak715 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I still think that there is something else going on. An attack/hacking or something happening to the website, but they won't say what it is at this point because they don't want the people doing it to stop doing it, so they can nail everyone involved. The government now has the geeks from Red Hat in Raleigh, North Carolina working on it and there are no better geeks in the U.S. and I just don't think it should take this much time to fix, It just doesn't make any sense. That's why I think something else is going on
    Isn't the conspiracy theory crutch getting kinda brittle?

Thanked by:
    qxr 

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    $634,000,000 for the website.

Where did you get that number?

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Only when it comes from the left, huh?

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

•• Signatures, shmignatures...
    LOL! I seem to remember a post by you where you said you could do it in a day. Building a website is easy. If that's true, what's going on?
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Where did you get that number?

Herman Cain said it on the radio here a few weeks ago, I've seen it in the newspaper and also heard it on some newscasts.

I know for a fact that you follow the news very closely, Deb. Don't tell me this is the first time you heard that number.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Well it could be that the company in charge of building the website donated heavily to political campaigns, including good old Darrell Issa.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/stevefriess/...ly-to?s=mobile

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    palandri and nolittdroid like this.

Herman Cain said it on the radio here a few weeks ago, ...
    Oh yeah! he's a great source of reliable information. Did he or didn't he? Chicago Woman Claims Herman Cain Wanted Her to Trade Sex for Job - ABC News

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Herman Cain said it on the radio here a few weeks ago, I've seen it in the newspaper and also heard it on some newscasts.

I know for a fact that you follow the news very closely, Deb. Don't tell me this is the first time you heard that number.

Indeed i do, my friend, that's why I asked.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...t-634-million/

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Banned

Oh yeah! he's a great source of reliable information. Did he or didn't he? Chicago Woman Claims Herman Cain Wanted Her to Trade Sex for Job - ABC News
    Keyword: CLAIMS

Keyword: CLAIMS

•• Signatures, shmignatures...
    Do you know how many other women came forward with similar claims? I guess they were out to get him.
    Banned

Do you know how many other women came forward with similar claims? I guess they were out to get him.
    Yep. Sounds like a conspiracy to me. :thumbup:

Banned

Indeed i do, my friend, that's why I asked.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...t-634-million/

Heh, look what I found a link to on the bottom of the page you linked - - -
    Hmmm....
    http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...a-from-within/

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Heh, look what I found a link to on the bottom of the page you linked - - -
    Hmmm....
    http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...a-from-within/

And he never met Obama.

Next.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Banned

And he never met Obama.

Next.

A horse walks into a bar.
    Bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

A horse walks into a bar.
    Bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

Lol, give that house a beer and turn that frown upside down. :beer:

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    8,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Could the overload be simply because the states were supposed to handle most of the exchange related traffic, yet most states (around 60%) did not implement exchanges, either at all or on time?

51 websites ought to be able to handle the traffic much better than 18, although it probably does take more maintenance.

Somewhat better question... The US is home to Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, maybe even Microsoft... all companies with a little experience in designing websites and services that people like to use and that handle a LOT of traffic. Why'd we buy Canadian's that had already screwed up (and been fired for it) the same type of site for Canada?

¯\_()_/¯ Community Rules & Guidelines

Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings (including screen brightness), and voice, data and other application usage patterns.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Could the overload be simply because the states were supposed to handle most of the exchange related traffic, yet most states (around 60%) did not implement exchanges, either at all or on time?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...70607789_o.jpg

51 websites ought to be able to handle the traffic much better than 18, although it probably does take more maintenance.

Somewhat better question... The US is home to Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, maybe even Microsoft... all companies with a little experience in designing websites and services that people like to use and that handle a LOT of traffic. Why'd we buy Canadian's that had already screwed up (and been fired for it) the same type of site for Canada?
    Good question. The $643 million comes from the 40+ contracts spread across the US Government IT spectrum, they're history goes way back. I'd like to know how they got their nails dug in so deep in the US Government. Apologies to my Canadian friends.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    8,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Good question. The $643 million comes from the 40+ contracts spread across the US Government IT spectrum, they're history goes way back. I'd like to know how they got their nails dug in so deep in the US Government. Apologies to my Canadian friends.

Congress might not know what Google is yet.

¯\_()_/¯ Community Rules & Guidelines

Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings (including screen brightness), and voice, data and other application usage patterns.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Congress might not know what Google is yet.
    You over estimate them.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

One thing that I would like to point out is the ACA site does have to handle a lot more stuff that Amazon, Google and MS. It has to connect to a lot more moving parts and any one of them will cause massive problems if it fails.
    Now I will say the base design was bad. It starts with the assumption that you want to buy insurance instead of just look at the prices. This means is needs income verification plus all the other registration stuff. Ok a lot of extra UNNEEDED load their. Most people just wanted to see the prices. We can live with not having exact numbers. Enter your income and fill out some basic forms and boom done we have rough numbers. They are not exact we know will not be able to purchase them until everything is verified and the real numbers come in but at least we can look at the number.

My guess is a large part of the problem was from the top down from the ones in-charge of it. They had demands and wants that more than likely were not of the best design and it causes problems. Throw in fair amount of GOP road blocking, extra crap demands yet again putting more over head on the system in not the best shape and you have this mess.
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
    msndrstood likes this.

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    One thing that I would like to point out is the ACA site does have to handle a lot more stuff that Amazon, Google and MS. It has to connect to a lot more moving parts and any one of them will cause massive problems if it fails.
    Now I will say the base design was bad. It starts with the assumption that you want to buy insurance instead of just look at the prices. This means is needs income verification plus all the other registration stuff. Ok a lot of extra UNNEEDED load their. Most people just wanted to see the prices. We can live with not having exact numbers. Enter your income and fill out some basic forms and boom done we have rough numbers. They are not exact we know will not be able to purchase them until everything is verified and the real numbers come in but at least we can look at the number.

My guess is a large part of the problem was from the top down from the ones in-charge of it. They had demands and wants that more than likely were not of the best design and it causes problems. Throw in fair amount of GOP road blocking, extra crap demands yet again putting more over head on the system in not the best shape and you have this mess.
    It too a grand total of 24 post for someone to blame the GOP... That must be a record for the Politics section. Some one right it down. Next week we can shoot for 25...
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast