Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By Darth Spock
  • 2 Post By Tall Mike 2145
  • 4 Post By nolittdroid
  • 1 Post By Tall Mike 2145
  • 1 Post By Timelessblur
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?





    (⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
  2. #2  
    JW4VZW's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post




    (⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
    I mean he wasn't American so I don't see what the big deal is.
  3. #3  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,710 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,749 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    I totally agree with the Sheriff having a right to his opinion about the meaning of the gesture, however I have a huge problem with him dictating policy based on his opinion. If you want to campaign for a change to the official uses of the flag, have at it. Barring that, when your governor or president orders it up or down, that ought to be the end of discussion and the beginning of actions to ensure those orders are carried out. His argument isn't crazy and I have no objection to his making the argument, but he should be on the podium making the argument AFTER he's followed orders, not in lieu of performing his duty. This is the same concept as a E1 deciding that his overseas base does not require an overnight guard duty (especially not on a night he could be drinking with the local gals) and just not showing up. You don't just do that, you push things up the chain of command and you do your job. I don't view this as a speech issue, (because he IS allowed to express his opinion) but merely insubordination.

    All of that being said, this is a completely non issue. If one county or ten counties or however many decide to do whatever, who cares? Why is this news? I have roughly the same reaction to this as if an insubordinate McDonald's employee refuses to use the prescribed number of pickles on a quarter pounder with cheese. Yes, it's wrong. No, don't care.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  4. #4  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Gee, a South Carolina mayor doesn't want to fly a flag at half staff for a distinguished, honored foreigner who just happens to be black.

    What a surprise.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood and jdbii like this.
  5. #5  
    JW4VZW's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    Gee, a South Carolina mayor doesn't want to fly a flag at half staff for a distinguished, honored foreigner who just happens to be black.

    What a surprise.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Why do you people always have to bring race into this? Why couldn't it have to do with him being just that, a foreigner? After all, what did he do for America? Shall we mention that he was also a communist? So when Kim Jung-il died should we have put our flags at half staff as well? You democrats make no sense to me, always playing the race card.

    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    I wonder how many people were offended when Bush ordered the flag at half staff for Pope John Paul...oh wait, he was Catholic and white.

    ✌SG3/iPad2
    Sent from my S3
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    People listen, Mandela has made anti-american slurs on numerous occasions. It's understandable that people would have no desire to participate in that ceramony.

    Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by cdmjlt369; 12-09-2013 at 08:15 PM.
  8. #8  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,710 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,749 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    People listen, the man has made anti-american slurs on numerous occasions. It's understandable that people would have no desire to participate in that ceramony.

    Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    I totally get not wanting to participate, my issue is when they then decide NOT to. And that issue stops pretty quick, because as I said earlier, it's equivalent to the insubordinate burger flipper who can't or won't count pickle slices. Yes, it's annoying. Yes, it's against policy and if nothing else is going on, fire the loser for insubordination. Otherwise, 100,000% don't care. Couldn't matter less. Is it inappropriate? Sure. But I don't think that anything should happen to him and I don't think anyone should have bothered to report on such a huge non issue.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I totally get not wanting to participate, my issue is when they then decide NOT to. And that issue stops pretty quick, because as I said earlier, it's equivalent to the insubordinate burger flipper who can't or won't count pickle slices. Yes, it's annoying. Yes, it's against policy and if nothing else is going on, fire the loser for insubordination. Otherwise, 100,000% don't care. Couldn't matter less. Is it inappropriate? Sure. But I don't think that anything should happen to him and I don't think anyone should have bothered to report on such a huge non issue.
    Are you referring to the reporter or the thread-maker? (or both of those idiots)




    (⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
  10. #10  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,710 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,749 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    Are you referring to the reporter or the thread-maker? (or both of those idiots)




    (⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
    lol the reporter. the issue is interesting for silly political commentators like us to throw around, but can't imagine how it would ever be "news".

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  11. #11  
    JW4VZW's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    I wonder how many people were offended when Bush ordered the flag at half staff for Pope John Paul...oh wait, he was Catholic and white.

    ✌SG3/iPad2

    And yet again the libs are quick to throw out the race card. Surprisingly they don't do so correctly?
    Were the flags really at half staff for Pope John Paul II? I was deployed when he died, and was not really paying attention to the flag's position on the staff.
  12. #12  
    JW4VZW's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    People listen, Mandela has made anti-american slurs on numerous occasions. It's understandable that people would have no desire to participate in that ceramony.

    Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Well said. Sadly that overlooked because he is a liberal, a communist and black.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    Why do you people always have to bring race into this? Why couldn't it have to do with him being just that, a foreigner? After all, what did he do for America? Shall we mention that he was also a communist? So when Kim Jung-il died should we have put our flags at half staff as well? You democrats make no sense to me, always playing the race card.
    You're assuming I'm a Democrat. Remember what Benny Hill said.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    Why do you people always have to bring race into this? Why couldn't it have to do with him being just that, a foreigner? After all, what did he do for America? Shall we mention that he was also a communist? So when Kim Jung-il died should we have put our flags at half staff as well? You democrats make no sense to me, always playing the race card.

    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    Well in this case. Race should be thought about. You can not get around the fact that SC has a long history of being very well racist and even has examples not that old. So yes it would be valid.

    Now as for the reason reason I think it is because it was Obama who ordered and Obama is a Democrat and GOP SOP has been if Obama and Dems are for it we automatically hate it.
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
    msndrstood likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Mandela should not be honored by the US. He has the blood of black and white people on his hands. Winnie and Nelson would often hang old tires filled with gasoline around the necks of those that offended them. They would then set them on fire. Their first victim was a young girl who apparently had been sexually mutilated with broken glass, then set on fire and just before death had her head crushed by a large rock.

    I could never celebrate people who conducted themselves that way.

    Those of you on the left can celebrate Mandela if you choose but he was a monster and should have been tried for crimes against humanity while he was alive.

    The Sheriff will have to face the consequences of his actions. I do support him though.
  16. #16  
    JW4VZW's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    You're assuming I'm a Democrat. Remember what Benny Hill said.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, it is a duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Well in this case. Race should be thought about. You can not get around the fact that SC has a long history of being very well racist and even has examples not that old. So yes it would be valid.

    Now as for the reason reason I think it is because it was Obama who ordered and Obama is a Democrat and GOP SOP has been if Obama and Dems are for it we automatically hate it.
    Aren’t you the one who said that only Republicans make race the issue, or something to that effect? I see that, like always, it is the democrats who bring race into play. No, race is NOT a valid reason to slam the Sheriff. What did Mandela do for the American people? Are you even educated, or just drinking the liberal juice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    Mandela should not be honored by the US. He has the blood of black and white people on his hands. Winnie and Nelson would often hang old tires filled with gasoline around the necks of those that offended them. They would then set them on fire. Their first victim was a young girl who apparently had been sexually mutilated with broken glass, then set on fire and just before death had her head crushed by a large rock.

    I could never celebrate people who conducted themselves that way.

    Those of you on the left can celebrate Mandela if you choose but he was a monster and should have been tried for crimes against humanity while he was alive.

    The Sheriff will have to face the consequences of his actions. I do support him though.
    Oh, I support the Sheriff. It is not common to find a Sheriff who has balls. It seems that those on the left tend to support terroristic acts, and those who condone them.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Not only does race seem to get brought into it, but he's in the Carolina's so that must be it? You know, people can honestly dislike someone's policies or actions regardless of skin color. I will admit, I.didn't have an opinion on it to start. All you ever heard in the media of Mandela was good. But I reserved comment until I had done some research. I found anti-American sentiment and.that.was enough for me. Doesn't mean.I.hate him, just means I feel he doesn't deserve the honor.

    Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    And yet again the libs are quick to throw out the race card. Surprisingly they don't do so correctly?
    Were the flags really at half staff for Pope John Paul II? I was deployed when he died, and was not really paying attention to the flag's position on the staff.
    I'm not a liberal, I don't know. And yes, I remember seeing some. It was so long ago.

    ✌SG3/iPad2
    Sent from my S3
  19. #19  
    JW4VZW's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    Not only does race seem to get brought into it, but he's in the Carolina's so that must be it? You know, people can honestly dislike someone's policies or actions regardless of skin color. I will admit, I.didn't have an opinion on it to start. All you ever heard in the media of Mandela was good. But I reserved comment until I had done some research. I found anti-American sentiment and.that.was enough for me. Doesn't mean.I.hate him, just means I feel he doesn't deserve the honor.

    Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    [sarcasm]You mean you didn’t know that as soon as you cross the Mason-Dixon Line that everyone is racist? Where have you been all of this time cdmjlt369?[/sarcasm]
    I have been saying all along that I dislike obama because of his policies and actions. Neither race nor party have anything to do with it, contrary to what a particular uneducated poster keeps saying here. Mandela was anti-American, so why give him the honors of flying our Flag at half-staff? When Castro dies will we give him the same honors?
    Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    I'm not a liberal, I don't know. And yes, I remember seeing some. It was so long ago.

    ✌SG3/iPad2
    He died in April of 2005 if I am not mistaken. Instead of being in Germany, I was deployed, so as long as I saw the Flag all was good. I was more concerned with doing my job than I was determining the position of the Flag.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    Aren’t you the one who said that only Republicans make race the issue, or something to that effect? I see that, like always, it is the democrats who bring race into play. No, race is NOT a valid reason to slam the Sheriff. What did Mandela do for the American people? Are you even educated, or just drinking the liberal juice?
    Read it again. I said thought about. It is not something you can toss out as a factor and not consider.

    That being said one should consider and look at other factors first. Like I said I pointed to what I believe is the most likely reason and par for the course the past 5 years from the GOP. If Obama and Dems are for it GOP is automatically against it.
    This screams more of that type of crap.
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  21. #21  
    JW4VZW's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Read it again. I said thought about. It is not something you can toss out as a factor and not consider.

    That being said one should consider and look at other factors first. Like I said I pointed to what I believe is the most likely reason and par for the course the past 5 years from the GOP. If Obama and Dems are for it GOP is automatically against it.
    This screams more of that type of crap.
    You're not making any sense at all. You said that the Republicans only make race an issue.

    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    You're not making any sense at all. You said that the Republicans only make race an issue.

    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.

    Again did I make race an issue no.
    Are dems making it an issue here no.
    Did I say that it should be considered yes but considering does not make it an issue.

    But you are splitting hairs and you know. By in large the group I see screaming race the most is GOP. The screaming is more of an attack on them is GOP and will deflect saying the dems are calling them racist to cover up the fact for the reason reason.

    Either way you are splitting hairs. You are failing to address the real issue on it. This entire issue appears to be SOP for the GOP. Dems for it they are automatically against it.
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    When you bring something up, that makes it an issue. Does it not? And every time someone disagrees with Obama, its because of his skin color, at least that's the rhetoric that's thrown around. I hate to break it to people, it's his policies.

    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by cdmjlt369; 12-13-2013 at 03:24 PM.
  24. #24  
    JW4VZW's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    147 Posts

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Again did I make race an issue no.
    Are dems making it an issue here no.
    Did I say that it should be considered yes but considering does not make it an issue.
    Saying that race should be considered is the same thing as saying that the Sheriff is a racist. It is just a different verbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    But you are splitting hairs and you know.
    Nope, that would be the liberals. Anytime somebody is against the fraud in chief, it is because said person is a racist. They make race the issue when it really isn’t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    By in large the group I see screaming race the most is GOP.
    You’re a hypocrite. You are the one saying, in other words, that the Sheriff is racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    The screaming is more of an attack on them is GOP and will deflect saying the dems are calling them racist to cover up the fact for the reason reason.
    That is not even close to being the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Either way you are splitting hairs. You are failing to address the real issue on it.
    And the real issue is what? Why should the Flags even be at half-staff? What did Mandela do for this country? It is a non-issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    This entire issue appears to be SOP for the GOP. Dems for it they are automatically against it.
    And when the liberals do it to the Republicans it is completely acceptable. You are such a joke if you even believe what you write as it is total nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    When you bring something up, that makes it an issue. Does it not? And every time someone disagrees with Obama, its because of his skin color, at least that's the rhetoric that's thrown around. I hate to break it to people, it's his policies.

    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Precisely! Why can my dislike for obama be related to his policies, not his skin color. The fact that I dislike obama makes me a racist. His skin color has nothing to do with why I don’t like him. According to the libs, everyone who lives south of the Mason-Dixon Line is a racist. In reality, they are the racist ones, and the ones who always have to make race an issue when it would otherwise be a non-issue.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Order for Flag at Half-Staff an "Order"? Or Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by JW4VZW View Post
    Saying that race should be considered is the same thing as saying that the Sheriff is a racist. It is just a different verbage.
    No it is not. But you do not see that.
    Should it be considered as a reason yes. Considering it is not the same thing as saying it is a reason and does not take long to see in this one that it was 100% political so not racist.. The rest of your argument are based on this but you do not seem to understand that considering if an action is based on race compared to the action IS based on race.

    Considering means it is possible but does not mean it was nor is it saying it was. It is SC. A state that has a history of being fairly racist in its action. I have lived in the state for a while. The racism there was bad. But considering means it gets thrown on a long list of possible reason for said action and from there you start eliminating them. As I said I would put it pretty close to the bottom of the list of possible reason. But you can not seem to understand that.
    Since your first argument is flawed and wrong the rest of them lose all bases as they are heavily based on the incorrect and 100% wrong first argument.
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.

Similar Threads

  1. Instagram videos not playing on LG G2. HELP!
    By Calgem17 in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 12:09 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 01:01 PM
  3. Moving all files, contacts, pictures, music, messages etc for s3
    By Kyeran Ellery in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 05:13 PM
  4. My NEXUS 7 WILL NOT COME ON REGARDLESS ALL IVE TRIED
    By CoffeeVal in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 09:18 PM
  5. Touchscreen not responding...please help URGENT.
    By Veronica Shipp in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B