Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71
Like Tree40Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Poor Rose Parade...they are being pulled in two directions....protested by the left over Sea Worlds inclusion, protested by the right over a gay marriage on another float. Just can't win somedays I guess! I for one am happy both floats are in the parade as that is what living in a free country is all about. Even if you do not agree with them. And if both the left and right are upset about something, well, that probably means you are doing the correct thing. LOL







    ffejjj likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    I personally think something like this should be free of activism. A gay wedding has no more business being part of that parade than a straight wedding.

    I don't know what the deal is about Sea World, so not jumping on whatever that issue is now
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Yes I have seen that posted elsewhere. People SAY they don't think anyone should be married in the parade but is that really true? Straight people have been getting married for years in this parade. Where were all these voices before? Did anyone threaten to boycott the parade over those marriages? Somehow I doubt it.

    The Seaworld thing is over the issue with whales and if they should be kept in captivity..look up the documentary Blackfish for more on that one.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
    Oofa likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Marriage in parades is obnoxious gay or straight..

    My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
  5. #5  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    Yes I have seen that posted elsewhere. People SAY they don't think anyone should be married in the parade but is that really true? Straight people have been getting married for years in this parade. Where were all these voices before? Did anyone threaten to boycott the parade over those marriages? Somehow I doubt it.
    I don't follow football or football related activities, so I didn't realize there was already an established history of any marriages during the parade. In this case, I partially take back what I said.

    Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Marriage in parades is obnoxious gay or straight..
    In general, I agree. I think the idea is tacky, but seems like the cat is already out of the bag on this one. If the people watching this parade are ok with weddings in it, then they should allow a gay/lesbian wedding.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    I personally don't care what side of the fence people are on, to protest a parade seems to be a douchewaffley thing to do. What the Parade officials should do is "You want to bring awareness to your cause, the fee is $$$ and you can enter an APPROVED float in the parade!" If the religious right wing want a big ole Jesus float, let them fund it IN GOOD TASTE (not like that crazy Kansas church would). If the gay and lesbian community want to fund a float, let them fund one that meets with the SAME criteria as the bible float. The same goes for PETA or any other organization. And judge all you want, but I'd have no problem donating to the "Hot lesbians for gay marriage equality" float......
    GadgetGator and plumbrich like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Just my vote but I think the Jesus float should be an ark

    My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    GadgetGator likes this.
  8. #8  
    rexxman's Avatar

    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    There was a Jesus float a few entries after the same-sex marriage float. My thought was/remains "how inclusive". As far as Sea World, please come join the fun.

    Posted via Android Central App
    GadgetGator likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    We live in a society that is filled with "in your face" moments, why is anyone surprised. Everyone's looking to "make a statement" for their 15 mins of fame.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    I really wouldn't call this an in your face moment as much as just doing something that's been done before by others whom have gotten married during the parade also.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
    msndrstood likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    As a libertarian-heart Libertarian, someone's sexual orientation is none of my business and so this whole affair is of no personal interest.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  12. #12  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    As a libertarian-heart Libertarian, someone's sexual orientation is none of my business and so this whole affair is of no personal interest.
    The point is that they're MAKING it your business by flaunting it for YOU to notice. If THEY thought it was nobody's business, they wouldn't display it so gregariously.




    I think signatures are stupid.

    (⊙.⊙)
    Last edited by llamabreath; 01-05-2014 at 04:23 PM.
  13. #13  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    As long as everyone one is held to the same standards, I could care less. Though I don't know why anyone would want to get married in a parade.

    Let's be honest the gay community gets away with some outrageous things in their gatherings/rallies/parades/whatever. People that are skeptical are just acting out of experience. If the porn industry held parades with half the nudity and vulgarity that gay pride parades have been know to have, the whole country would be up in arms. Assless chaps anyone?
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  14. #14  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    As long as everyone one is held to the same standards, I could care less. Though I don't know why anyone would want to get married in a parade.

    Let's be honest the gay community gets away with some outrageous things in their gatherings/rallies/parades/whatever. People that are skeptical are just acting out of experience. If the porn industry held parades with half the nudity and vulgarity that gay pride parades have been know to have, the whole country would be up in arms. Assless chaps anyone?
    At least to me, your statements show a lot of hatred towards the gay community.
  15. #15  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    At least to me, your statements show a lot of hatred towards the gay community.
    I hate public displays of nudity and vulgarity. I dont care who does it. It is not something i want to see walking down the street.

    I merely pointed out that it the gay community has been known for this kind of behavior in the past and that i believe there is a double standard.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  16. #16  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    ... a lot of hatred towards the gay community.
    Is there something about public and vulgar displays of nudity that is supposed to be liked?

    And while we're on the subject; how should five, six and ten year-olds feel/react when they see these PUBLIC displays?




    I think signatures are stupid.
    Last edited by llamabreath; 01-06-2014 at 11:09 AM.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    At least to me, your statements show a lot of hatred towards the gay community.
    I believe he's alluding to the fact that no matter what, a little decorum would be in order, regardless of who's throwing the parade. Some chick walking around with electrical tape on her nipples and nothing more on top is a little too much walking down a street.
    msndrstood likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    The point is that they're MAKING it your business by flaunting it for YOU to notice. If THEY thought it was nobody's business, they wouldn't display it so gregariously.
    Ridiculous. Heterosexuals make announcements about their life, who they are dating, and make wedding announcements all the time. They even get married in parades too. But for some strange reason, when a gay person does any of those same things, people get the vapors over it. And then backpedal a bit and complain about straight people doing things that they never took issue with originally. But now they do. Hmmmmmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Assless chaps anyone?
    All chaps are assless. Why do people always try to draw some sort of distinction as if there were a covered version of chaps? Those would be called PANTS.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I hate public displays of nudity and vulgarity.
    The human body is not vulgar. It sounds like you have a hang up on nudity. People can be vulgar while being completely dressed. The point being nudity does not equal vulgar and vulgar does not equal naked. It bothers me when people link those things because it's a false equivalency.
  19. #19  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    Ridiculous. Heterosexuals make announcements about their life, who they are dating, and make wedding announcements all the time. They even get married in parades too. But for some strange reason, when a gay person does any of those same things, people get the vapors over it. And then backpedal a bit and complain about straight people doing things that they never took issue with originally. But now they do. Hmmmmmmmm



    All chaps are assless. Why do people always try to draw some sort of distinction as if there were a covered version of chaps? Those would be called PANTS.



    The human body is not vulgar. It sounds like you have a hang up on nudity. People can be vulgar while being completely dressed. The point being nudity does not equal vulgar and vulgar does not equal naked. It bothers me when people link those things because it's a false equivalency.
    I said nudity AND vulgarity...

    And there is a time and place for nudity of all forms. I cannot think of a single time that nudity belongs in the middle of a public street though.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  20. #20  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I said nudity AND vulgarity...

    I cannot think of a single time that nudity belongs in the middle of a public street though.
    In Portland we have a naked bike parade once a year. It's great. Miles long. Hundreds participate. Thousands if you include spectators. Police motorcycle escort. Cops also block off the streets. Loads of fun.

    Posted via a Nexus 6 (really)
    GadgetGator and msndrstood like this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    The human body is not vulgar. It sounds like you have a hang up on nudity. People can be vulgar while being completely dressed. The point being nudity does not equal vulgar and vulgar does not equal naked. It bothers me when people link those things because it's a false equivalency.
    Alright, let's have a straight pride parade, being just as flamboyantly straight as gay pride parades are gay. Oh, and no gays are allowed to get **** hurt over it.
  22. #22  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Alright, let's have a straight pride parade, being just as flamboyantly straight as gay pride parades are gay. Oh, and no gays are allowed to get **** hurt over it.
    Parades are already pretty much celebrations of straight pride in most ways. Most floats and participants are celebrating the traditional family.

    Flamboyantly straight? I don't think you can get any more flamboyantly strait than majorettes and cheerleaders. I don't think I've ever heard somebody refer to that as vulgar or "in your face" unless it was the Taliban.

    Posted via a Nexus 6 (really)
    GadgetGator likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    Parades are already pretty much celebrations of straight pride in most ways. Most floats and participants are celebrating the traditional family.
    No, they celebrate special events that have no direct connection to someone's orientation. At least I've never seen one advocating being straight.

    I'm all for LGBT rights, but they won't get very far holding up double standards. So when we can have a straight pride parade without the LGBT getting up in arms, then we will have more equality. As it is, the big activist players in the movement are putting it in everyone else's face, demanding to be put on some pedestal as if they're more special than straight people. That does more to harm the movement than advance it, in my opinion.

    Btw, the cheerleaders and such are more conservative in dress than some of the things that have been allowed in the gay pride parades. So that argument doesn't hold water.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    No, they celebrate special events that have no direct connection to someone's orientation. At least I've never seen one advocating being straight.

    I'm all for LGBT rights, but they won't get very far holding up double standards. So when we can have a straight pride parade without the LGBT getting up in arms, then we will have more equality. As it is, the big activist players in the movement are putting it in everyone else's face, demanding to be put on some pedestal as if they're more special than straight people. That does more to harm the movement than advance it, in my opinion.

    Btw, the cheerleaders and such are more conservative in dress than some of the things that have been allowed in the gay pride parades. So that argument doesn't hold water.
    You're argument holds no water either then. In fact it is a whole lot of marlarky. No gay person wants to be any more special than any other person. We just want to be equal and as "in your face" as any heterosexual is on a DAILY basis.

    BTW you could have all the straight pride parades you want. Your problem won't be with the gays, but with your fellow straights who will see no point in marking an occasion that they already mark everyday and aren't discriminated for it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
    palandri and msndrstood like this.
  25. #25  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

    Default Re: People's knickers in a knot over gay wedding & Sea World floats in Rose Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    No, they celebrate special events that have no direct connection to someone's orientation. At least I've never seen one advocating being straight.
    Fair enough Mooncatt. I get what you are saying.

    I was thinking thinking that floats usually are made up of guys and gals with themes like "Grease, The Lion King, Snow White," or other popular stories that generally are hetero. Schools with marching bands or the football team that won state are celebration of children (or that is what I was thinking) and until very recently children fell into the realm of straight families. I was also thinking that the parades highest honorees, or the Grand Marshall, are usually presented with their spouse in a Cadillac.

    I don't think the LGBT community would be bothered by a straight parade, but that just my opinion.
    GadgetGator likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. restricted access changed in nexus 5
    By Raviiiendran in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 04:55 AM
  2. World of Warcraft on my 2012 N7?
    By Danny Vaper in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 10:29 PM
  3. Widget not in tune
    By jamak in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 12:19 AM
  4. Galaxy Note 3 in Canada - How to view old emails that are more then 2 days old
    By devdev1234 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada (Bell/Rogers/Telus)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 07:11 PM
  5. Real-world drop test - your experience?
    By JsDadCAI in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

B