1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Don't Cry Over Spilt Wonton Soup

How far do you think this is from reality? Are we doing enough to prevent it? Where does this stand, in America's long list of priorities?

I think signatures are stupid.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Default Re: Don't Cry Over Spilt Wonton Soup

Not too far off. I think the real danger is a bit north of Taiwan. China and Japan are playing a dangerous game of chicken daily over over the Senkaku Islands (Diaoyu Islands to China) and it is only a matter of time before two jets collide. Other than an arms race, and keeping forces battle-ready as a kind of deterrence, I don't see any other effort the US is making to prevent such a war. (imo). China and Japan (again, imo) are doing absolutely nothing to try and cool the situation. They use the controversy to stoke nationalism at home, but when an accident or an incident happens there is going to be no turning back because they are going to be beholden to a nationalistic public outcry back home that will be calling for military escalation and retaliation.

The 100 year anniversary of the start of the Great War (WWI) is this year, and scholars still are perplexed by why that war began. Many people liken the relationship between Germany and England before WWI to have a lot of similarities between China and the US today. The main one being both were each others number one trading partner (edit. Canada is the US's #1 trading partner. China might be #2).
    Last edited by jdbii; 01-01-2014 at 03:38 PM.