01-26-2014 03:57 PM
- Report: Senate Intelligence Committee report on Benghazi attack - The Washington Post
I have not had a chance to read it yet and will refrain from commenting for now.01-16-2014 08:08 AM
- It outlines what we already know. It wasn't a demonstration to a youtube video gone violent, Al Qaeda was involved, security wasn't up to the standards set by the State department. Both the WH and the State department did their damnedest to impede the investigation (there was an election in 2 months), no one has been held accountable for the lack of security (one Former Sec of State is currently in hiding as she ramps up her run at the WH).01-16-2014 09:37 AM
- 01-16-2014 11:35 AM
I did read that they said the blame went all around. The Embassy for example turned down extra security from the pentagon.01-16-2014 01:28 PM
- I still have not actually read the report, but have skimmed a couple of summaries.
Seems like just more detail to what was already known. The preventable point is important, but that is the only important point.
The issue I have with the whole "scandal" is the blatant lie about the video and riot that was repeat long after the real cause had to be known. Trust, if it ever existed, in the politicians that told that fairytale is now complete gone.01-16-2014 02:43 PM
- I have zero faith and trust in the U.S. FedGov. It doesn't take reading this report to realize a major failure took place. However, it also begs the question: what was actually going on at that facility in the first place, i.e. weapons sales, influence peddling, etc., and also why in the heck are we still as a nation in the middle east?
Oh wait, that's right. We're there to throw our weight around and enforce our national interests. But hey, let's use this attack on our facility and people as a total distraction from the fact that we shouldn't even freaking be there in the first place.
What a load of crap this whole thing is.01-19-2014 12:21 AMLike 1
- Lets face it both sides did crap here for nothing more than political gain. GOP did not care about the truth they smelled blood and went for it. Dems wanted it put off until after the elections.
I did read that they said the blame went all around. The Embassy for example turned down extra security from the pentagon.
So a whole lot of people doing the wrong thing.....but to Tall Mike's point, we shouldn't even be there anyway. We are so paranoid about Al Qaeda getting a foothold in these countries.....well gee, then maybe we should stop undermining the dictators of these countries that keep them out. Can't have it both ways USA. And we can't micro manage every situation in every country that Al Qaeda has a presence either. Some choices have to be made.
All of this is a result of our past foreign policies....and we continue to meddle which won't serve us well decades in the future either. We seem to never learn. We need better solutions that to have a presence in every single country and be snooping on the entire planets phone calls and email. We also need long range planning....not planning that changes from administration to administration.....that really kills any credibility we have because everyone knows whatever we do can quickly be undone in 4-8 years by someone else.01-21-2014 01:22 AM
- All this does is confirm the Republican stance on the incompetence of the State department under Hilary and Barack. Christie is getting demolished over a traffic jam but Clinton hasnt been destroyed over an attack by Al-Qaeda, misleading Americans and the death of 4 Americans. I wouldnt being late to work is a bigger issue but this is America and a liberal media01-26-2014 03:39 PM
- All this does is confirm the Republican stance on the incompetence of the State department under Hilary and Barack. Christie is getting demolished over a traffic jam but Clinton hasnt been destroyed over an attack by Al-Qaeda, misleading Americans and the death of 4 Americans. I wouldnt being late to work is a bigger issue but this is America and a liberal media
>>> Sent from Hotlanta01-26-2014 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD