Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 1 Post By Tall Mike 2145
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Viper

Default Benghazi Jan 15th Report

Report:

I have not had a chance to read it yet and will refrain from commenting for now.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Default Re: Benghazi Jan 15th Report

It outlines what we already know. It wasn't a demonstration to a youtube video gone violent, Al Qaeda was involved, security wasn't up to the standards set by the State department. Both the WH and the State department did their damnedest to impede the investigation (there was an election in 2 months), no one has been held accountable for the lack of security (one Former Sec of State is currently in hiding as she ramps up her run at the WH).

The important statement is, "The report found no evidence of the kind of political coverup that Republicans have long alleged."
    GadgetGator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    The important statement is, "The report found no evidence of the kind of political coverup that Republicans have long alleged."
    There's a difference between cover up and stall tactics for political gain. No administration would want something like this on their doorstep less than 60 days before an election. What is clear though is the leadership at the State Department dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    There's a difference between cover up and stall tactics for political gain. No administration would want something like this on their doorstep less than 60 days before an election. What is clear though is the leadership at the State Department dropped the ball.
    Lets face it both sides did crap here for nothing more than political gain. GOP did not care about the truth they smelled blood and went for it. Dems wanted it put off until after the elections.

I did read that they said the blame went all around. The Embassy for example turned down extra security from the pentagon.
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Viper

I still have not actually read the report, but have skimmed a couple of summaries.

Seems like just more detail to what was already known. The preventable point is important, but that is the only important point.

The issue I have with the whole "scandal" is the blatant lie about the video and riot that was repeat long after the real cause had to be known. Trust, if it ever existed, in the politicians that told that fairytale is now complete gone.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

I have zero faith and trust in the U.S. FedGov. It doesn't take reading this report to realize a major failure took place. However, it also begs the question: what was actually going on at that facility in the first place, i.e. weapons sales, influence peddling, etc., and also why in the heck are we still as a nation in the middle east?

Oh wait, that's right. We're there to throw our weight around and enforce our national interests. But hey, let's use this attack on our facility and people as a total distraction from the fact that we shouldn't even freaking be there in the first place.

What a load of crap this whole thing is.
    GadgetGator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Lets face it both sides did crap here for nothing more than political gain. GOP did not care about the truth they smelled blood and went for it. Dems wanted it put off until after the elections.

I did read that they said the blame went all around. The Embassy for example turned down extra security from the pentagon.
    Exactly. There was plenty of blame to go around. And the GOP has never shown this kind of interest in anyone else that had been injured or killed in an embassy attack..much like their new found "concern" for people's healthcare. Also, the diplomat himself waved off some security efforts as well which is something I was saying all along but no one in the media seemed to want to talk about. Glad that point was finally made.

So a whole lot of people doing the wrong thing.....but to Tall Mike's point, we shouldn't even be there anyway. We are so paranoid about Al Qaeda getting a foothold in these countries.....well gee, then maybe we should stop undermining the dictators of these countries that keep them out. Can't have it both ways USA. And we can't micro manage every situation in every country that Al Qaeda has a presence either. Some choices have to be made.

All of this is a result of our past foreign policies....and we continue to meddle which won't serve us well decades in the future either. We seem to never learn. We need better solutions that to have a presence in every single country and be snooping on the entire planets phone calls and email. We also need long range planning....not planning that changes from administration to administration.....that really kills any credibility we have because everyone knows whatever we do can quickly be undone in 4-8 years by someone else.

All this does is confirm the Republican stance on the incompetence of the State department under Hilary and Barack. Christie is getting demolished over a traffic jam but Clinton hasnt been destroyed over an attack by Al-Qaeda, misleading Americans and the death of 4 Americans. I wouldnt being late to work is a bigger issue but this is America and a liberal media
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by _Zguy__ View Post
    All this does is confirm the Republican stance on the incompetence of the State department under Hilary and Barack. Christie is getting demolished over a traffic jam but Clinton hasnt been destroyed over an attack by Al-Qaeda, misleading Americans and the death of 4 Americans. I wouldnt being late to work is a bigger issue but this is America and a liberal media
    Christie should say what Hillary whined: "At this point, what does it matter?"

>>> Sent from Hotlanta