06-30-2015 05:00 PM
209 ... 789
tools
    Yes. It's supposed to be very humane. It's fast and effective and doesn't allow the animal to suffer.
    Quick, though I suspect it being used on humans might bring up some controversy.
    07-25-2014 08:37 AM
    I think there's a degree of hypocrisy there as well. Although, if their message does reach enough people that actually act, it should be taken into account as well. You forgot to mention the Hollywood "elitists" that tell us how easy it is to eat healthy and workout 7 days a week. Never mind that some of the foods that are healthy for us can also cost us more money, and many of us are so overworked that coming home to exercise is one of the last things on our minds.

As an IT professional I'm guilty of hypocrisy as well. You know how many times I've unplugged a computer today without using the proper shutdown method or how many computers I flat out own that I don't have a good backup for? I actually don't mind owning my hypocrisy. Granted, I don't attach myself to any of my hard drive items so if I do lose something, I'll live.
    Difference is we aren't legislating our morality/hypocrisy down everyone's throat.
    07-25-2014 09:15 AM
    I am all for the death penalty.If someone has either confessed to killling someone or after proving guilty beyond all doubt that they murdered someone.
    If the murderer choose's a preferred way they want to die when that time comes ,whatever they chose use any method but the one they chose.(this could be optional in some cases)
    If they admit to murdering someone why even have a trial ,that goes on forever and then for years on death row.
    I'm all for hanging a murderer if their head pops off so be it.They had no mercy for their victim.Maybe bring back the guillotine to be used as an alternative way .
    Their victim didn't want to die.
    I don't care what race the murderer is,white,black,red,brown,purple,etc
    Murderer's aren't restricted to any particular race.
    A895 likes this.
    07-25-2014 12:20 PM
    Difference is we aren't legislating our morality/hypocrisy down everyone's throat.
    Yes, we're legislating our lack of morality, and our hypocrisy. "You can't kill anyone, let us do that...."
    07-25-2014 05:49 PM
    How hard is it to ask a doctor the quickest way to kill a person with drugs. Surely someone over at the DEA has some 90% pure heroin laying around. I mean Jesus Christ, you can get some on the street for $10 that will kill you before the needle is out of your arm.
    I think the original lethal injection protocol was the quickest way to execute a person with drugs, but the European pharmaceutical companies refuse to sell them to US prisons.

Arizona used hydromorphone (Dilaudid) as part of its lethal injection combination. Hydromorphone is related to heroin.

People's tolerances for drugs vary, so it's hard to predict what will happen during an execution.
    08-04-2014 12:32 AM
    justice doesn't only come from a needle. they may stop a lethal injection, but there are still other ways to kill someone.
    Oklahoma is looking at a new method of execution.

The Huffington Post -- Bill That Would Legalize Nitrogen Gas Executions Overwhelmingly Approved By Oklahoma House (article link)

The Oklahoma House passed a bill that would allow nitrogen gas in executions. The gas would deprive oxygen from the blood, and nitrogen would be a lot safer than cyanide gas.

The Oklahoma Senate still needs to approve the bill. If approved, Oklahoma would be the first place in the world to use nitrogen gas for the death penalty.
    03-25-2015 08:44 PM
    Oklahoma is looking at a new method of execution.

The Huffington Post -- Bill That Would Legalize Nitrogen Gas Executions Overwhelmingly Approved By Oklahoma House (article link)

The Oklahoma House passed a bill that would allow nitrogen gas in executions. The gas would deprive oxygen from the blood, and nitrogen would be a lot safer than cyanide gas.

The Oklahoma Senate still needs to approve the bill. If approved, Oklahoma would be the first place in the world to use nitrogen gas for the death penalty.
    A state recently approved a shooting squad for executions.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-26-2015 01:04 PM
    A state recently approved a shooting squad for executions.
    That would be Utah, but I believe lethal injection is still the primary method for executions. The firing squad is a backup when lethal injection is not available.
    03-26-2015 05:53 PM
    I am all for the death penalty.
    In Glossip v. Gross, the Supreme Court recently ruled that midazolam (marketed as Versed in the US) was permissible to use as part of a 3-drug combination for lethal injections.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor dissented, saying that the drug would leave the condemned "exposed to what may well be the chemical equivalent of being burned at the stake."

Moving forward, we will probably see an increase in executions that use midazolam.
    06-30-2015 05:00 PM
209 ... 789