Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213
Like Tree89Likes

Default Re: State Of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I presented a possible solution to at least try to work from, regardless of which side you're on. I admit it wasn't perfect, but I've yet to see any other alternatives presented other than an all or nothing argument.
    Solution to what, exactly?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my S3

If you're in a vehicle riding down the road, you are a potential hazard to everyone else.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #303  

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    When one side will do nothing but screem at the top of their lungs that the right hates them and that they want to take away all we will just give you, it is hard to sound caring. It is also hard convey a message of "we will take less from you so you can help each other" when the other side is preaching a message of "we will just take from others and give to you". You want to talk about which side is selfish? Lol

The people have already learned that they can bribe themselves with their own money. Next they will learn that the "rich" (that are also evil and hate them apparently) have plenty of money they can take and make their own. It is all turning into a perfect storm really. We will have to hit bottom before we can rise again. This country was built on the backs of creators and doers. People that were told no and then created their own yes. I see very little of that in today's society. I see people that demand more money for no more work and care nothing for each other. When we have a government that tells us every day how much we need them and even encourages the people to work less and rely on them, we are already half sunk.

Buying votes is easier than earning them. The People have no concept of owning the government or even the money that is taken out of their check every week. They just know it happens. They see no consequence of voting and no reason to care. All they know is the wealth they receive. Whether it be just pay check or government assistance. Any easy way to get more is a good way. Who cares what the consequences are?
    All I did was repeat what the chairman of Republican party, Reince Priebus said, and I think he was right. Then I get this? Nobody is screaming at the top of their lungs. Think about it, just look at your user name, you're still fighting the civil war. All the left is looking for is equity. Lets just start with a flat tax.

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Solution to what, exactly?
    At debate here is if birth control should be universally covered by insurance (presumably pills, as no one is including over the counter contraceptive coverage in the insurance debate). The problem is the pill is dual purpose. One is for lifestyle choices, the other for illnesses. Not wanting to cover things related to lifestyle or raising your premiums to do so, and wanting to cover natural illness treatments are both valid arguments, and it's apparent there will never be a winner between the two. At least not unless alternative treatments become available that don't also act as a contraceptive.

To that end, I've realised that going back and forth on those two points is pretty much useless because no side is willing to give in. In fact, I don't hold it against anyone on this issue that's dug their heels in for their side. I'm going to remove myself from the debate on this issue unless it's one that discusses how to reconcile the two sides in a way that's at least somewhat mutually agreeable.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Lets just start with a flat tax.
    We tried that once, and look at the complicated mess that is the tax code that came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    At debate here is if birth control should be universally covered by insurance (presumably pills, as no one is including over the counter contraceptive coverage in the insurance debate). The problem is the pill is dual purpose. One is for lifestyle choices, the other for illnesses. Not wanting to cover things related to lifestyle or raising your premiums to do so, and wanting to cover natural illness treatments are both valid arguments, and it's apparent there will never be a winner between the two. At least not unless alternative treatments become available that don't also act as a contraceptive.

To that end, I've realised that going back and forth on those two points is pretty much useless because no side is willing to give in. In fact, I don't hold it against anyone on this issue that's dug their heels in for their side. I'm going to remove myself from the debate on this issue unless it's one that discusses how to reconcile the two sides in a way that's at least somewhat mutually agreeable.
    I appreciate the honesty. If only our government could be as amicable!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my S3

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    I appreciate the honesty. If only our government could be as amicable!
    I'll drink to that. :beer:

That's root beer, right? I've got a 24 hr bottle to throttle rule when it comes to the "spirited" drinks. Lol
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    All I did was repeat what the chairman of Republican party, Reince Priebus said, and I think he was right. Then I get this? Nobody is screaming at the top of their lungs. Think about it, just look at your user name, you're still fighting the civil war. All the left is looking for is equity. Lets just start with a flat tax.
    Lol my username that is about baseball...
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Thanked by:
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213