1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Woody Allen - Your Thoughts?

By now, you probably heard of the open letter written by Dylan Farrow where she talks about the alleged abuse she received from Woody Allen when she was seven:

What are your thoughts on the situation? It seems like an almost impossible case. I don't think the police can investigate the matter because it supposedly happened a long time ago. Pretty much any evidence back then wouldn't exist today, and people's memories can change over time. On the other hand, there is a possibility that there is an abuser who essentially got away with a crime and is living free today.

Still, we presume people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Woody Allen hasn't been charged with a crime, much less convicted of one. That being said, would you be comfortable working with him or watching one of his movies? Why or why not? More importantly, can justice be served in a situation like this? Are we being fair to Dylan Farrow and Woody Allen?

Default Re: Woody Allen - Your Thoughts?

I couldn't care less, but I did listen to a couple interviews about it. One thing that was brought up was the timing of this scandal, or whatever you want to call it, and her brother launching a new show on MSNBC. Draw your own conclusions, but that person thinks this was just a fabricated PR stunt

Well, Woody Allen absolutely abused my sense of humor when I was younger.

Does that count for anything?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Draw your own conclusions, but that person thinks this was just a fabricated PR stunt
    It's not outside the realm of possibility that this could be a stunt. On the other hand, if it's not a stunt, are we essentially blaming a potential victim for a crime that was allegedly done to her?

The statute of limitations should never expire on rape. I 100% believe her...it is disgusting to infer that she's doing this as a publicity stunt...she has nothing to gain.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    The statute of limitations should never expire on rape.
    Even if the statute didn't expire, is there enough evidence to take Woody Allen to court?

Seems her brother has come out saying the story isn't true and that she and Woody had a good relationship growing up. No apprehension or anything on her part when seeing him.

I believe her response to that is her brother is now dead to her.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Seems her brother has come out saying the story isn't true and that she and Woody had a good relationship growing up. No apprehension or anything on her part when seeing him.

I believe her response to that is her brother is now dead to her.
    Still, none of that is sufficient evidence to start a trial in court or clear Woody Allen's name, right?

I wonder how many people would think Woody Allen is innocent or should be afforded due process but in the same breath would say that Michael Jackson is guilty as sin. IIRC, the people that accused MJ of molestation were mostly coached and were looking for payday. I don't believe Farrow is really looking for a payday, but people have insinuated much worse for much less. I've never been real fond of Woody Allen's work anyways. I think it's mostly because by the time I started watching movies, his character roles were mostly cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    I wonder how many people would think Woody Allen is innocent or should be afforded due process but in the same breath would say that Michael Jackson is guilty as sin. IIRC, the people that accused MJ of molestation were mostly coached and were looking for payday. I don't believe Farrow is really looking for a payday, but people have insinuated much worse for much less. I've never been real fond of Woody Allen's work anyways. I think it's mostly because by the time I started watching movies, his character roles were mostly cliche.
    I wonder how many people think Roman Polanski was "innocent"....half of Hollywood would signed a petition for him and he's been hiding overseas for years.

It's interesting to me that so many people are saying he's innocent when he lost four different suits pertaining to the rape and he was in therapy for being inappropriate with Dylan. I guess people will believe whatever fits their agenda.

Sent from my S3

I wonder how many people think Roman Polanski was "innocent"....half of Hollywood would signed a petition for him and he's been hiding overseas for years.

It's interesting to me that so many people are saying he's innocent when he lost four different suits pertaining to the rape and he was in therapy for being inappropriate with Dylan. I guess people will believe whatever fits their agenda.

He was another case that I thought was kind of odd, especially with everyone that tried to go out of their way to get him pardoned. I'd like to see the people that were pleading for him to be allowed back in the U.S. to talk to the victims and the families of the victims.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    He was another case that I thought was kind of odd, especially with everyone that tried to go out of their way to get him pardoned. I'd like to see the people that were pleading for him to be allowed back in the U.S. to talk to the victims and the families of the victims.
    Roman Polanski is a different case because he was convicted. He is living overseas as a fugitive. He can never return to the US because he will be thrown into prison the minute he steps on US soil.

Wood Allen is different because he hasn't been brought to court. Unless new evidence comes up, we will never know whether Woody Allen is truly innocent or guilty. We simply presume he's innocent because there is not enough evidence to convict him.

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

Pedophilia is one of the worst crimes that can happen to an individual. And it shouldn't be taken lightly but you have to take into account where the accusation is coming from because being falsely accused of pedophilia is also one of the worst crimes that can ever happen to an individual.

Mia Farrow has raised a house full of vindictive, angry, aggressive kids that have a lot of hate towards her ex. They were raised to hate anything Allen said or did. If you have ever heard her interviewed, you will hear just how incredibly aggressive and hateful she is not only about Allen but about many things in her life. She is a sad, unhappy, pitiful woman who used men to get ahead and can't believe Woody Allen would dump her for not only her adopted daughter, but someone "not as pretty as Mia". She has passed that same aggressive negativity to her children and you can hear and see it in them. In my job I see many men get accused of being pedophiles by angry, vindictive, hate filled wives and family members that have intricate stories that lead to nothing. Many wives even admit that they made all of it up because they were angry at the ex. But the accusation is enough to keep some from working and living normal lives. It's even worse when that man is someone famous.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

I don't like Woody Allen, never did like him, he has always been creepy to me. In the culture of our society today, Dylan has a rough road ahead of her. I hope she finds peace within and if Woody Allen is guilty of this that he suffers mentally for the rest of his miserable life.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Oofa View Post
    In my job I see many men get accused of being pedophiles by angry, vindictive, hate filled wives and family members that have intricate stories that lead to nothing. Many wives even admit that they made all of it up because they were angry at the ex.
    I'm glad you brought that up. People can make false accusations about anything. What do you do for a living? It must be a tough job.

So, let's say you were in Dylan Farrow's situation. You know that Woody Allen is 100% guilty of a crime. Would you do the same thing that Dylan Farrow did? If not, what would you do differently?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I guess people will believe whatever fits their agenda.
    I believe most people simply want to watch Woody Allen's movies without worrying that they may be financially supporting an alleged criminal. If you even try to hint that Woody Allen might have done something wrong, they get all defensive about it.

Honestly, I wonder how many people would be willing to have Woody Allen baby sit their young children unsupervised.

Woody Allen is a wonderful man. He is not the monster most of you think he is. You don't know him personally.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Villa View Post
    Woody Allen is a wonderful man. He is not the monster most of you think he is. You don't know him personally.
    It is true that I do not know Woody Allen personally, but Dylan Farrow does. She has a right to free speech, so she can say whatever she wants. If Woody Allen has a problem with that, he can take her to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    It is true that I do not know Woody Allen personally, but Dylan Farrow does. She has a right to free speech, so she can say whatever she wants. If Woody Allen has a problem with that, he can take her to court.
    According to Wikipedia, the results of the investigation were inconclusive. It sounds like he got out of it for simply being himself, even after the girls doctor was concerned. Its a shame they didn't actually investigate, this could all been avoided.

Sent from my S3