Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 159
Like Tree62Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Obama records

    His new records:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Obama records-ed-ao203c_boski_g_20110907184052.jpg  
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Hmm...

    My question is: why are we (like always) singling out and making a scapegoat of ONE SINGLE PERSON? I didn't vote for, nor vote to re-elect, Obama. Search these forums for posts I've written in the political area and you can satisfy yourself I'm no Democrat. But again, we're going to just blame Obama for everything?

    Eisenhower created the CIA, and he and others created the NSA and all the other intelligence agencies. Eisenhower approved Operation Ajax. Presidents since then, as well as Congresses since then, have approved, gone along with, or at a minimum rolled over on all the crap that has since occurred. This includes operations throughout Europe, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East, as well as throughout Central- and South America. Bush Sr. wanted to implement the Clipper Chip, for goodness' sake! Remote-controlled craft have been in existence since at least the 1950s thanks to the U.S. Air Force; drones or things like drones have existed for who knows how long. Drones in the modern sense were all approved by Bush Jr. and again, right along, all of this has been funded by Congressional approval. I could continue, but it's all much the same thing on many of these topics.

    Now Obama is President, so we just blame him for everything. Just like we blamed GWB for everything. Just like we blamed Clinton for everything. See a pattern here?
    Thanked by 3:
    GadgetGator, msndrstood and A895 like this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Obama records

    I would take that entire list with a very very VERY Large dose of salt.
    For example 10 and 9 are pretty much false. 10 if you dig into it and look back at the first time that claim was made you find out that they basicly just added up the numbers of all the programs. They did not take into account people in multiple programs at the same time. Or the fact that they tossed in people who are retired taking SS a group that should be auto tossed out. Basicly the nubmer is BS and a GOP lie.

    9 is they went after a very small sub set of the taxes but many of those people in the 50% still pay pay roll tax. They still pay all the other taxes and fees and in the end still pay a net tax.

    The debt down grade sorry not Obama fault. That one sits nearly 100% on the GOP. It was down graded due to the grid lock and the fact that the US came multiple times of defaulting. All of those blame go on the GOP.

    Not saying that things are not bad but the list is more a GOP talking point but lacks any real data or facts. Just talking points and tries to slide of hand that the problems are to be blamed all around and heavily and I mean heavily on congress (both parties there)
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    I would take that entire list with a very very VERY Large dose of salt.
    For example 10 and 9 are pretty much false. 10 if you dig into it and look back at the first time that claim was made you find out that they basicly just added up the numbers of all the programs. They did not take into account people in multiple programs at the same time. Or the fact that they tossed in people who are retired taking SS a group that should be auto tossed out. Basicly the nubmer is BS and a GOP lie.

    9 is they went after a very small sub set of the taxes but many of those people in the 50% still pay pay roll tax. They still pay all the other taxes and fees and in the end still pay a net tax.

    The debt down grade sorry not Obama fault. That one sits nearly 100% on the GOP. It was down graded due to the grid lock and the fact that the US came multiple times of defaulting. All of those blame go on the GOP.

    Not saying that things are not bad but the list is more a GOP talking point but lacks any real data or facts. Just talking points and tries to slide of hand that the problems are to be blamed all around and heavily and I mean heavily on congress (both parties there)
    9 and 10 are true, and came from government stats. The credit downgrade is on Obama's watch, and occurred after he had been in office for 4 or 5 years, so don't blame that on the GOP. I don't think that has ever happened before. Obama adding SEVEN TRILLION to the debt didn't help.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    9 and 10 are true, and came from government stats. The credit downgrade is on Obama's watch, and occurred after he had been in office for 4 or 5 years, so don't blame that on the GOP. I don't think that has ever happened before. Obama adding SEVEN TRILLION to the debt didn't help.
    No they came from the stats from the starting point. But those stats do not take into account someone on foodstamps also tends to be on Medicaid as well. Or they also tend to be in wick. Also the "government aid" includes social security and Medicare.
    So this means you have double it up.

    Also Obama may of been president but the blame still belongs on the gop. Gop is the group responsible for refusing to raise the debt ceiling.
    Gop is the one who caused the government shutdown.
    The down grade was flat out due to gridlock.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Also Obama may of been president but the blame still belongs on the gop. Gop is the group responsible for refusing to raise the debt ceiling.
    Gop is the one who caused the government shutdown.
    Dems refused to cut spending.

    Dems caused the shutdown by absolutely refusing to negotiate, especially about Obamacare. And now what the GOP said about Obamacare is coming to pass.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Dems refused to cut spending.

    Dems caused the shutdown by absolutely refusing to negotiate, especially about Obamacare. And now what the GOP said about Obamacare is coming to pass.
    You mean by refusing to cut all funding for it. In what world is not negotiating?
    The gop had been nothing try to improve the ACA other than repeal.

    Also it is the gop who has to prove they are willing to negotiate.
    Shut down 99.9% gop fault. Credit rating at least 80% gop fault.

    Gop has done nothing to help. They even have one of their guys who said on national TV that his idea of negation is having the Democratic come to their (gop) view. Not anything more.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
    gamefreak715 likes this.
  8. #8  
    rexxman's Avatar

    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Dems refused to cut spending.

    Dems caused the shutdown by absolutely refusing to negotiate, especially about Obamacare. And now what the GOP said about Obamacare is coming to pass.
    Absolutely untrue!

    GOP attempted to extort their political goal and in doing so, caused 24 billion in damage to the economy and ultimately to the citizens.

    To claim otherwise is dishonest.

    Over the years, the GOP has claimed many things about health care reform. Their prediction track record is dismal at best.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    GadgetGator, msndrstood and A895 like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    You mean by refusing to cut all funding for it. In what world is not negotiating?
    The gop had been nothing try to improve the ACA other than repeal.

    Also it is the gop who has to prove they are willing to negotiate.
    Shut down 99.9% gop fault. Credit rating at least 80% gop fault.

    Gop has done nothing to help. They even have one of their guys who said on national TV that his idea of negation is having the Democratic come to their (gop) view. Not anything more.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Why should the GOP try to improve something that is hurting the country, and was passed without a single GOP vote, and still only passed by a SINGLE vote? Everything that the GOP warned is coming true, and now Obama is illegally changing the rules of the law.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Why should the GOP try to improve something that is hurting the country, and was passed without a single GOP vote, and still only passed by a SINGLE vote? Everything that the GOP warned is coming true, and now Obama is illegally changing the rules of the law.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again come same answer as before.
    Come back when the gop offers up something other then repeal.
    Right now it has been repeal and replace. I have ask more than once with What and we get crickets.

    So you say it is hurting offer a replacement. Oh wait gop has nothing. Gop shut down the government. Gop caused out debt rating to get down graded.

    Care to address the fact the gop has done nothing and I repeat nothing to help. They have wasted millions on show votes.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Again come same answer as before.
    Come back when the gop offers up something other then repeal.
    Right now it has been repeal and replace. I have ask more than once with What and we get crickets.

    So you say it is hurting offer a replacement. Oh wait gop has nothing. Gop shut down the government. Gop caused out debt rating to get down graded.

    Care to address the fact the gop has done nothing and I repeat nothing to help. They have wasted millions on show votes.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    GOP had something to offer 2 weeks ago, and Harry Reid wouldn't even let it be heard on the Senate floor.
    The credit downgrade came on Obama's watch, and that is how history will show it.
    And I hear crickets when I mention Obama breaking the law with the changing of a law.
    Now we find out that Obamacare is going to cost the equivalent of 2.3 million jobs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    GOP had something to offer 2 weeks ago, and Harry Reid wouldn't even let it be heard on the Senate floor.
    The credit downgrade came on Obama's watch, and that is how history will show it.
    And I hear crickets when I mention Obama breaking the law with the changing of a law.
    Now we find out that Obamacare is going to cost the equivalent of 2.3 million jobs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dig deeper at those numbers. It was shown a lot of those 2.3 million are people leaving the workforce because they do not have to have a job any more. It was decoupling health care from jobs.

    But do not let those pesky facts get in the way. Or the fact that the ACA is creating more jobs up than it is costing up until 2017.

    Those are facts.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
    gamefreak715 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Dig deeper at those numbers. It was shown a lot of those 2.3 million are people leaving the workforce because they do not have to have a job any more. It was decoupling health care from jobs.

    But do not let those pesky facts get in the way. Or the fact that the ACA is creating more jobs up than it is costing up until 2017.

    Those are facts.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    ACA has not created any jobs. You need to get your "facts" from somewhere other than MSNBC. it's like "if you like your health plan and doctor, you can keep them". Lies from our leader. Now the WH is trying to spin the 2.3 million jobs report, which was put out by the CBO. Fact is, a person could have to turn down a raise, or new job, because it would make Obamacare unaffordable.
    That's the facts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Again come same answer as before.
    Come back when the gop offers up something other then repeal.
    Right now it has been repeal and replace. I have ask more than once with What and we get crickets.

    So you say it is hurting offer a replacement. Oh wait gop has nothing. Gop shut down the government. Gop caused out debt rating to get down graded.

    Care to address the fact the gop has done nothing and I repeat nothing to help. They have wasted millions on show votes.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    They offered up several alternatives, and they were already brought up in one of the earlier Obamacare debate threads on here. A simple Google search brought them up with no trouble. Though in my opinion, what we had was better than this entire package (don't bother with the false "but even the right likes individual parts" argument), and a straight repeal would be an improvement.
    Thanked by 2:
    pappy53 likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    They offered up several alternatives, and they were already brought up in one of the earlier Obamacare debate threads on here. A simple Google search brought them up with no trouble. Though in my opinion, what we had was better than this entire package (don't bother with the false "but even the right likes individual parts" argument), and a straight repeal would be an improvement.
    If you really think what we had was better than the ACA then we have miles of difference. We should of gone single payer. We need to decouple Healthcare and jobs.

    But out side of that the gop is dead I the water until they address basic things with war on women and gay rights. As long as they are hemophilia and anti gay rights then they should not be allowed to touch power.
    If you support the gop you are for being anti gay and for the war on women.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    If you really think what we had was better than the ACA then we have miles of difference. We should of gone single payer. We need to decouple Healthcare and jobs.

    But out side of that the gop is dead I the water until they address basic things with war on women and gay rights. As long as they are hemophilia and anti gay rights then they should not be allowed to touch power.
    If you support the gop you are for being anti gay and for the war on women.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    As I stated before, broaden your horizon beyond MSNBC.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    As I stated before, broaden your horizon beyond MSNBC.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do. But you seem to get your info from fox. Or better known as fake news.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Is Obama's record available on iTunes?

  19. #19  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    GOP had something to offer 2 weeks ago, and Harry Reid wouldn't even let it be heard on the Senate floor.
    The credit downgrade came on Obama's watch, and that is how history will show it.
    And I hear crickets when I mention Obama breaking the law with the changing of a law.
    Now we find out that Obamacare is going to cost the equivalent of 2.3 million jobs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You really need to watch something other than faux news. History (and reality) show that it was the GOP playing a game of chicken with our credit rating. Have you forgot already all the GOP members who were saying that blowing past the debt ceiling would be no big deal?

    People crack me up. First they complain that Obama is a "dictator" then they think he is responsible for not only what he does but what all the Republicans do too.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Over all, it doesn't matter who's in control of what. The fact that the government is not operating on less than it brings in is laughable, and shameful. There's no silver bullet for what to cut, either. People try to say it needs to be this, that, or the other program, but they neglect all the pork projects going on as well. There's even a book published listing tons of government waste that needs to be cut, and that would go a long ways in helping our financial standing.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Relevant:



    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    palandri likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Relevant:



    Posted via Android Central App
    They don't want to know those things. They only want to know the negative things.
    A895 likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Obama records

    There wasn't too much exceptionally noteworthy there, but I laugh on the inside every time I see mention of the new law allowing "kids" to stay on their parents health insurance until age 26. By that time, they are adults and my kids better be long gone from the home by that age.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    pappy53's Avatar

    Posts
    1,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    There wasn't too much exceptionally noteworthy there, but I laugh on the inside every time I see mention of the new law allowing "kids" to stay on their parents health insurance until age 26. By that time, they are adults and my kids better be long gone from the home by that age.
    Yeah, they need young people to sign up to pay for the plan to work, and then have the "age 26" benefit. Obama admin. is so dumb!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Obama records

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    There wasn't too much exceptionally noteworthy there, but I laugh on the inside every time I see mention of the new law allowing "kids" to stay on their parents health insurance until age 26. By that time, they are adults and my kids better be long gone from the home by that age.

    Really?
    What do you think the cut off should be?
    Lets do some quit math here.
    22 is 4 years of college.
    24 gets you to a master degree.
    26 gets you to doctorat degree. These are min times. This does not account for things like taking an extra year to finish a degree.
    So lets get to master degree here. 25-26 gets you in the 1-2 extra years to get due to major change or other things that come up like taking a year off to figure out what they want to do.

    But lets get away from just take. Obama has done more for gay rights over his time than the other combined. Did away with DOMA, got ride of DADT. Gives basic protections that married couples get to gays. Undid damage that Bush 2 did to gay rights. Care to address the fact that the GOP is homophobic? Until that changes the GOP should never be allowed to touch power.

    Ended "pre existing" conditions. End being a woman being a pre existing condition. Did more for women's health and rights than the GOP ever has.
    Finally got immigrations reform moving. Started moving education reform forward.
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
    Thanked by 2:
    msndrstood likes this.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Beep Free Call Recorder Please
    By Sizzers in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 05:12 AM
  2. Viewing from HDD recorder direct.
    By jaythekay in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 11:32 AM
  3. How to listen to Recorded Messages on Galaxy S4?
    By dbehrmann in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 10:25 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 04:32 PM
  5. Skype: can video calls be recorded?
    By Benny515 in forum Sony Xperia Z
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 10:47 AM

Posting Permissions

B