Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt
  • 1 Post By NoYankees44
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is wrong with this world?

Every day we see more and more stories like this. I do not know if this is a new phenomena, or if we are just at a point where technology is able to spread these stories to a larger audience. Either way, I am becoming disgusted with the world I am living in and am starting to wonder if our society isn't crumbling away from underneath us. Please, someone, tell me what kind of a world we are living in where a person can justify not only recording a child like this, but then sharing it with friends.

Attorney Says Teacher’s Reaction to 11-Year-Old Autistic Boy in ‘Distress’ Is ‘Indefensible’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Carrier
    Viper

Default Re: What is wrong with this world?

I would like to actually see the video before i pass final judgement on how bad this actually is, but it seems terrible and horrible of that teacher.

On a side note, the teacher is still on paid leave and fighting the case. Tenure laws are protecting her despite the board voting to fire her.

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I would like to actually see the video before i pass final judgement on how bad this actually is, but it seems terrible and horrible of that teacher..
    +1 I agree 100%

On a side note, the teacher is still on paid leave and fighting the case. Tenure laws are protecting her despite the board voting to fire her.
    I know you're trying to make some type of anti-tenure statement here. My union voted tenure out years ago and I am glad we did. Contractors can no longer complain about not being able to get rid of a tenured employee. Even if there's no union or tenure law, that doesn't mean a policy of paid leave during an investigation can't be a written policy. Police are normally put on paid leave after a shooting or an abuse claim until there is a thorough investigation. I have a relative that works as management in a juvenile detention facility. He's not in the union, but anytime there's a complaint filed against him for anything, he gets put on paid leave until there is a thorough investigation and a thorough investigation can take several weeks.

I think paid leave during an investigation is fine. If it results in finding nothing wrong, you're ok because you're still paid. It also prevents you from doing any more harm if you are guilty of something.

Being subject of an investigation can put you in a tough spot even if you're innocent, so paid leave is kind of a happy medium that attempts to protect all parties, regardless of the outcome.
    palandri likes this.

Carrier
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    +1 I agree 100%

I know you're trying to make some type of anti-tenure statement here. My union voted tenure out years ago and I am glad we did. Contractors can no longer complain about not being able to get rid of a tenured employee. Even if there's no union or tenure law, that doesn't mean a policy of paid leave during an investigation can't be a written policy. Police are normally put on paid leave after a shooting or an abuse claim until there is a thorough investigation. I have a relative that works as management in a juvenile detention facility. He's not in the union, but anytime there's a complaint filed against him for anything, he gets put on paid leave until there is a thorough investigation and a thorough investigation can take several weeks.
    The article implies that the judgement has already been made, but because there has not been a "private hearing", the teacher is still on paid leave.
    palandri likes this.

The article implies that the judgement has already been made, but because there has not been a "private hearing", the teacher is still on paid leave.
    It said the school board voted to fire her. That doesn't mean another school board with no tenure policy or teachers union, can't have a policy of appeal where they allow paid leave while the appeal process is in the works. Just saying.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

What bothers me most about this is that the teacher recorded the incident and played it for her friends. With a special needs child of my own, it breaks my heart to see them being mistreated this way. Though the news story didn't show the entire recording, it did show her asking the child if he would like to be tazered and following him around without the least bit of concern for his predicament.

I would like to actually see the video before i pass final judgement on how bad this actually is, but it seems terrible and horrible of that teacher.

It is not tenur laws. The laws in place are in part to protect teachers from political whim and dumbass parents who think they are always right. For everyone 1 case you find like this of them fighting to fire the teacher there are 10 that a teachers job was rightfully saved because a parent went way to far. Problem is the media and most miss informed people use the out layers like this to think it is the norm. They never cover the other cases. Or even try to explain why they are in place like that.

Just because it is policallity a good move to fire a teacher often times it would be for scapegoating reasons.

That being said she will be fired. It is going threw the process to do it.
    Also the paid leave part. A lot of companies have that in their policy when they are doing investigations both private and public. Reason for it is because it remove the person being investigated from having any influence over the results. It also means you can get them out of their quickly and sort out of the facts later.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts

This is a rather disgusting move.

Posted via Android Central App

Well, this planet has a slight bulge at the equator. And, the continents kind of move around on it. Also, the globe has a bunch of leaks. Lastly, a bunch of what's under the surface is radioactively and/or chemically toxic.

Those are things I would classify as being wrong with this world.

Oh oh oh oh waitaminit... you probably meant with society. Yeah, society is pretty messed up.

Had this been my kid, I'd be in jail.