Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Darth Spock
  • 4 Post By Darth Spock
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7,177 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Reminder to Pay Attention to PUPPAH

Ladies and gentlemen, everyone here is very much aware of the rules for both the site and this section. If you have any questions, please ask, but there is no reason that I can think of that every thread needs separate warnings as if the others had not happened. Going forward, let's assume that conversations that happened prior to 5 seconds ago still happened and the discoveries of those conversations still apply.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    7,177 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Reminder to Pay Attention to PUPPAH

I really wish that posting a request in one thread (or in this case dozens) to stop trolling, insulting each other, etc, would be assumed to be prudent in subsequent threads. In fact, we posted exactly that. Since we're all here, I'm going to expand upon that request. We need to confine the politics nonsense to the politics section. A couple of people have been letting their politics troll face slip out in other areas of the forums. Not cool. On that note, it's not really cool here either.

"Be polite. Keep your language clean and appropriate. Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs."

If that looks familiar it is because this is on literally every page of this section but several people can't get over the first two words. The bolded parts are bold for a reason. Here's the way we're looking at this: I don't care, at all, what your opinion is. If you're left, right, frog, martian I don't care. If you're being a jerk about stating your opinion, it is time to stop. If you're trying to have a productive solutions oriented discussion, by all means - but this is an Android tech forums site. There are by faaaaaaaaaar enough trolls in the parts of the forums that actually matter (some of them repeat here too) and we're not looking to sign up any more, especially in the off topic area. There are sites fully dedicated to the exploits of politics oriented trolls.

That's unfortunately where we're at. No one is looking for reasons or digging through history to "go after" anyone, but going forward notice is served.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    palandri, Ry, Paul627g and 1 others like this.