Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  • 1 Post By Serial Fordicator
  • 1 Post By cdmjlt369
  • 1 Post By NoYankees44
  • 1 Post By Ealevenish
  • 1 Post By Tall Mike 2145
  • 1 Post By Ealevenish
  • 3 Post By Mooncatt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CIA Accused of Spying on U.S. Congress

Have you folks read about this?

RT.com: CIA accused of spying on Congress over torture report

What do you think about it? What do you think it might portend for our future as a nation?

Default Re: CIA Accused of Spying on U.S. Congress

Doesn't the CIA know that Congress is exempt from having their 4th amendment rights violated? :rolleyes:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,003 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have read a little about this and it honestly doesn't surprise. People with unchecked power will do anything to keep it. This includes (and almost especially in this case) the intelligence community.

The argument can (and probably will be by someone else) made that Congress should have had better oversight to begin with to make sure they weren't being lied to, but that will never excuse the CIA's actions if indeed they were doing everything they're being accused of doing.

I have so many mixed feelings about everything that's going on with the intelligence community that it wouldn't make sense to anyone else if I tried to describe them, so, I'm probably not going to. :P
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

I'm trying to figure out why Diane Feinstein is in uproar about spying on politicians but not the public.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by:

Congress views themselves as being set apart from the rest of us. That's why they have this" how dare they" attitude and feel they should be exempt from any of the bad laws they themselves force on us. Why read a law or know what's in it before you pass it if you're not worried on how it will impact you?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why Diane Feinstein is in uproar about spying on politicians but not the public.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    This this this. Hypocrisy at its finest and further proof that politicians believe they are above everyone else.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    Have you folks read about this?

RT.com: CIA accused of spying on Congress over torture report

What do you think about it? What do you think it might portend for our future as a nation?
    I'll bet you a thousand bucks they've been tapping the Oval Office and the Supreme Court for over 30 years now too. It's just not been in the news yet.

What it portends for our future as a nation?
    Nothing new. Only more unconstitutional 'surveillance', the resulting injustice and destruction of democracy and human rights, and a continuing growth of inequality of wealth and income. The US have been a fascist banana republic for half a century already. Since the coup d'etat of 1963.
    Last edited by Ealevenish; 03-16-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Proof of their incompetence when passing the laws for surveillance on EVERYONE
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Ealevenish View Post
    The US have been a fascist banana republic for half a century already. Since the coup d'etat of 1963.
    So it's the Doctor's fault then, eh? (Let's see how many people get this reference.)

I agree with you on the Banana Republic comment. Having said that, however, I believe this problem has been a growing one since at least the late 1800s as this nation seemed to struggle for greater relevance (the war off the Barbary Coast, the war with Spain, etc.) and then of course how we handled ourselves post WWII. Oh, once we got a taste of power, we've never wanted to let it go, our principled founding notwithstanding.

Kevin O'Quinn above said he has so many thoughts and feelings on this that it would make little sense to anyone else if he tried to write them down. I think I know how you feel, buddy. Doubtless if I wrote down everything that was in my head, I would be none too popular with a lot of my fellow Americans. It's also chief amongst the reasons why I will NOT involve myself in any current events or political discussions at work: I'm certain I would find myself in an exceptionally hostile work environment thereafter, and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if I even got knifed by someone.
    Kevin O'Quinn likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    Doubtless if I wrote down everything that was in my head, I would be none too popular with a lot of my fellow Americans. It's also chief amongst the reasons why I will NOT involve myself in any current events or political discussions at work: I'm certain I would find myself in an exceptionally hostile work environment thereafter, and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if I even got knifed by someone.
    Nice employment...