Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By NoYankees44
  • 3 Post By Darth Spock
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt
  • 1 Post By Live2ride883
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    Yes, I realize the irony of saying it like that, thats the point, but seriously-F those people. I rate them worse than most.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    Did you see they have asked people not to picket his funeral?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my S3
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    I wouldn't picket, but would love to tap a keg and party on his grave.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Did you see they have asked people not to picket his funeral?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Oh the irony.

    Posted via Moto X or Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Did you see they have asked people not to picket his funeral?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Of course not. These types are always hypocrites. I fully expected nothing less from them.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
  6. #6  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,117 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Did you see they have asked people not to picket his funeral?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    As poetic as it would be for there to be a massive crowd, I hope that everyone takes the high road and does not stoop to his level.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
    oz123 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    Many people hate this guy. I find myself to be indifferent to him. In order for me to be hateful towards him or anyone else, he would have needed to personally inflict harm or injury to me or one of the people I care for. That being the case, I think it's best if he, his cause, and his backwards thinking minions (I contemplated using the word "disciples" but I don't believe spreading hate is a noble endeavor) are forever forgotten.

    I will also say this, EVERY soldier's family member, loved one, etc who was picketed by this church should make arrangements to picket this man's funeral. And I would have no problem if a 10 hour long gay parade accompanied that picket.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    With the ghost of Freddie Mercury leading the way? I'd see that in a heartbeat.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    I believe that anyone who was wronged by these people should have the right to recourse with them, and frankly I also believe we all have the right to picket and protest if we like.

    This whole "please don't protest at his funeral" thing is so cartoon bad guy-ish that I don't know where to begin.

    Personally, I hope thousands show up and kick up a fuss and even turn it into a media circus.
  10. #10  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    6,836 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    I believe that anyone who was wronged by these people should have the right to recourse with them, and frankly I also believe we all have the right to picket and protest if we like.

    This whole "please don't protest at his funeral" thing is so cartoon bad guy-ish that I don't know where to begin.

    Personally, I hope thousands show up and kick up a fuss and even turn it into a media circus.
    Well, it's essentially an admission that they knew what they were doing (and presumably will continue to do) was morally wrong, incredibly disrespectful and one of the most shameful displays of the abuse of freedom of speech we can point to in history books.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    On the flip side, if no one shows up to protest, there's no media coverage, and it's just a normal everyday funeral. It'll show them that they really don't matter in this world and no one really feels they are worth the effort of a protest.

    Maybe. :rolleyes:
    Thanked by:
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    I rate them worse than most.
    As do I and probably most reasonable people would.

    Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Did you see they have asked people not to picket his funeral?
    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Oh the irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    Of course not. These types are always hypocrites. I fully expected nothing less from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    Well, it's essentially an admission that they knew what they were doing (and presumably will continue to do) was morally wrong, incredibly disrespectful and one of the most shameful displays of the abuse of freedom of speech we can point to in history books.
    Quite.

    Quote Originally Posted by toober View Post
    I wouldn't picket, but would love to tap a keg and party on his grave.
    Are you thinking what Im thinking? Maybe share some used beer with Mr. Phelps? Im down, yo.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    As poetic as it would be for there to be a massive crowd, I hope that everyone takes the high road and does not stoop to his level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    On the flip side, if no one shows up to protest, there's no media coverage, and it's just a normal everyday funeral. It'll show them that they really don't matter in this world and no one really feels they are worth the effort of a protest.
    Well, how about having a massive protest to screw with family/friends, but with absolutely ZIP media coverage to make the point to them that NOBODY GIVES A D**N about them?

    Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    I will also say this, EVERY soldier's family member, loved one, etc who was picketed by this church should make arrangements to picket this man's funeral. And I would have no problem if a 10 hour long gay parade accompanied that picket.
    Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    With the ghost of Freddie Mercury leading the way? I'd see that in a heartbeat.
    Im pretty good with this idea. Maybe what would be better would have been to fill his coffin liner with bottles of Coke and Mentos and set them off just as they start the proceedings.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist has died. THANK GOD.

    This:

    While it is hard to find anything good to say about his views or actions, I do give my condolences to his family during what must be a painful time for them. I take no joy in the sickness and death of any man. I will not celebrate the death of Fred Phelps. Also I hope that Mr. Phelps somehow found the peace that seemed to elude him in life.

    Says everything I want or need to say on this subject.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    neonworm likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Gear 2 Neo: My Best Buy has them on display and they are sweet!!
    By elvis1935 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 11:07 PM
  2. [FREE] 3D gallery of your contacts
    By Max Tilt in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 05:49 AM
  3. Review of G2 by a photographer
    By RobotHeaven in forum LG G2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 02:47 PM
  4. Can anyone one confirm if this actually works with this particular model of phone?
    By pawprints86 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 12:09 AM
  5. att note 3 dying prematurely
    By Rustys Raw Bar Estero in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 11:43 PM

Posting Permissions