Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 17 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Let's Make Them Squeal!

Check out this political ad by conservative Joni Ernest. Sarah Palin just endorsed her.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,811 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Let's Make Them Squeal!

Good ad.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Too bad we couldn't "make em squeal" when they wanted to take us to war in Iraq or expand medicaid part B. While the democrats aren't exactly known for being fiscally responsible, I find it a little insulting when the republicans try to convince us that they are. The problem with this country isn't that it's run by a democrat, or that it was practically run into the ground by a republican 6 years prior, the problem with this country is that it's run by large corporate entities, and the super wealthy. They don't lobby our politicians to enact laws that will help out the majority, they lobby our politicians to enact laws that will help them line their pockets. The other problem is that we have too many voters that believe the problem lies with what party is in office. With that kind of misguided attitude, it's no wonder that our corporate masters can run this country as they see fit (and they see fit to line their own pockets and to hell with everyone else).
    oz123, palandri, A895 and 3 others like this.

Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    Too bad we couldn't "make em squeal" when they wanted to take us to war in Iraq or expand medicaid part B.
    Kinda like obama wanting to take us into Syria and the colossal problems of Obamacare? Oh, but he's democrat so it's ok. When is everyone going to learn democrats and Republicans are the same?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Kinda like obama wanting to take us into Syria and the colossal problems of Obamacare? Oh, but he's democrat so it's ok. When is everyone going to learn democrats and Republicans are the same?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    So who are you supporting in the next presidential election?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Good ad.
    I think the castration reference will turn male voters off, but I may be wrong. I don't know anyone else who has used the castration term in a political campaign.

Carrier
    Viper

Not going to lie... I lol'd

The writing and directing of the ad is kind of ridiculous though. I wonder what the target demographic is?

Also agree that both parties are ridiculous and corrupt. Either one would drive us off a cliff if left unchecked.
    palandri likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Not going to lie... I lol'd

The writing and directing of the ad is kind of ridiculous though. I wonder what the target demographic is?

Also agree that both parties are ridiculous and corrupt. Either one would drive us off a cliff if left unchecked.
    I've driven through Iowa a few times and I remember seeing a lot of pork farms and signs that said. "Pork, The Other White Meat", so I would guess it's aimed at hog ranchers. Maybe it will make a lot of sense to them, and she'll get elected. I don't know. The ad certainly had a different theme to it. She didn't call herself a Republican, but rather a conservative.
    NoYankees44 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I've driven through Iowa a few times and I remember seeing a lot of pork farms and signs that said. "Pork, The Other White Meat", so I would guess it's aimed at hog ranchers. Maybe it will make a lot of sense to them, and she'll get elected. I don't know. The ad certainly had a different theme to it. She didn't call herself a Republican, but rather a conservative.

To me conservative is a dirty word in the case of politicians. Granted, some people find the word liberal to be a dirty word. I personally don't see how someone can be a conservative and not believe in climate change or CONSERVING our natural resources. When I hear the word "conservative", to me it sounds like someone that wants to impose their moral code on someone else.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    palandri, A895 and msndrstood like this.

Being conservative or liberal can have different meanings depending on the subject. Be it political, social, environmental, financially, etc.
    qxr likes this.

Global Posts
    13,157 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

I live in Iowa and very few people in this state are that stupid, although the ones that are do tend to be concentrated in certain areas. I get the point she's trying to make, but it's embarrassing having someone behave so childishly and vulgar when trying to represent - well, anyone. In the real world, she has a very low chance of winning her primary and if she does win that, she's polling significantly behind two other candidates, one of which has experience in national politics. She is from a very low population area of Iowa and has done little but behave like a clown while in the state senate. Odds of her being a part of anything that's not better fitting as satire are slightly less than us electing an actual pig.
    palandri and msndrstood like this.

Global Posts
    13,157 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Being conservative or liberal can have different meanings depending on the subject. Be it political, social, environmental, financially, etc.
    In Iowa, unless you're in one of the "cities", being a democrat is a bad thing and in pretty much the entire state being a republican is a bad thing. Both are seen as big league corruption representing national/international corporations that intentionally destroy real small businesses for short term gains. Conservatism here does mean something very different than in national politics and it is deeply supportive of liberty, equality and common sense economics. We're not opposed to spending money to get high priority things done (we have many local option taxes to support education and/or roads, etc), we protect our parks, game and waterways and generally adopt an attitude that promotes leaving everything as good as or better than the way you found it. Of course, giant spending from the national political scene has been devastating here (just like everywhere else) on a state and national representative level, but so far strong local community has been able to hold it's own against that encroachment.

It has traditionally been very easy for the conservatives, libertarians and more progressive liberals to find a lot of common ground on policy issues, and most of our "drama" is resultant from mainstream democrat/republican squabbling over social issues - despite an almost statewide consensus that being kind and doing the little things that improve quality of life for everyone are much more important than being right. Iowa grew up as a farming state and the lessons learned about resource conservation, good habits about crop rotation, ecology, etc and a culture where people are still okay saying, "hi" to strangers when they pass them on main street still remain deeply entrenched, despite recent growing pains. Conservative definitely means something else here than it does in some other places and on the national stage - it's not about regression or funneling all resources to giant companies, but about defending and supporting the attitudes that strengthen the hard-workers at a local level. The giant agricultural conglomerates are not the hard workers, the people displaced by them are and most people in Iowa can recognize the difference and realize that there is almost nothing actually conservative (or liberal for that matter) about mainstream bought and paid for republicans and democrats.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Her website has been hacked
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's Make Them Squeal!-jernest.jpg  

Global Posts
    13,157 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Her website has been hacked
    It's obviously latin, but it's mostly nonsensical almost like it was strung through a few languages of Translate. Like one part seems to say, "welcome to our hotel - visitors, please do not push each other".

Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

So who are you supporting in the next presidential election?
    Whoever I agree with regardless of party.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Global Posts
    13,157 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Whoever I agree with regardless of party.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    There is a built in problem here... anyone who is going to be honest and/or representative of the citizens (as opposed to donors) is never going to be on a ballot, invited to a debate nor given a second glance by the media (which tells people how they ought to vote). I don't know the candidate's names yet, but I can tell you on one "side", you're going to have a lying fascist dancing on the strings of an establishment marionette manipulator, while on the other "side" you're going to have a person fascist liar, spinning in silly circles on strings pulled by that exact same marionette manipulator. Anyone and everyone worth voting for has no chance of being acknowledged as a candidate. Democrat, republican, tea-party, blah blah, all different words for the same thing: Owned by corporations and loyal to no one.
    A895 likes this.

Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    There is a built in problem here... anyone who is going to be honest and/or representative of the citizens (as opposed to donors) is never going to be on a ballot, invited to a debate nor given a second glance by the media (which tells people how they ought to vote). I don't know the candidate's names yet, but I can tell you on one "side", you're going to have a lying fascist dancing on the strings of an establishment marionette manipulator, while on the other "side" you're going to have a person fascist liar, spinning in silly circles on strings pulled by that exact same marionette manipulator. Anyone and everyone worth voting for has no chance of being acknowledged as a candidate. Democrat, republican, tea-party, blah blah, all different words for the same thing: Owned by corporations and loyal to no one.
    I agree. I just wish the public weren't so loyal to a political party and people would get it out of their minds that its acceptable for all politicians be crooked. We should hold them to a higher standard.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    A895 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I think the ad already demonstrates that she believes that democrats are worse spenders than Republicans, hence the reason I didn't mention the spending. Although, I still don't understand why people think Obamacare is going to be some sort of healthcare apocalypse (other than because Faux News tells them so). The way we were going with our healthcare in this country was bankrupting us before Obamacare. Obamacare is forcing people to pay for their own healthcare if not provided for by their own employers. I kind of remember "personal responsibility" being something the GOP threw out there when the ones in my local state were forcing everyone to get auto insurance. I also remember "Your rates will go down" as being a big selling point for forcing everyone to have basic liability insurance. That didn't really work out, it was just a ploy IMO to give a financial shot in the arm to the insurance companies. I think Obamacare is the same thing, but you know why it went that way? I think it has to do with the GOP not wanting a single payer option. So yes, I'll agree that Obamacare in its current form is a gift to the insurance companies at the expense of the middle class, but the GOP was just as much responsible for it being that way as the Democrats were for passing it.

But just to restate my point, and to ask you point blank, forcing people to pay for healthcare insurance vs having them flood our emergency departments and having tax payers foot the bill, where's the part where Obamacare is the worse of the two again?
    palandri and msndrstood like this.

Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    I think the ad already demonstrates that she believes that democrats are worse spenders than Republicans, hence the reason I didn't mention the spending. Although, I still don't understand why people think Obamacare is going to be some sort of healthcare apocalypse (other than because Faux News tells them so). The way we were going with our healthcare in this country was bankrupting us before Obamacare. Obamacare is forcing people to pay for their own healthcare if not provided for by their own employers. I kind of remember "personal responsibility" being something the GOP threw out there when the ones in my local state were forcing everyone to get auto insurance. I also remember "Your rates will go down" as being a big selling point for forcing everyone to have basic liability insurance. That didn't really work out, it was just a ploy IMO to give a financial shot in the arm to the insurance companies. I think Obamacare is the same thing, but you know why it went that way? I think it has to do with the GOP not wanting a single payer option. So yes, I'll agree that Obamacare in its current form is a gift to the insurance companies at the expense of the middle class, but the GOP was just as much responsible for it being that way as the Democrats were for passing it.

But just to restate my point, and to ask you point blank, forcing people to pay for healthcare insurance vs having them flood our emergency departments and having tax payers foot the bill, where's the part where Obamacare is the worse of the two again?
    I can tell you why obamacare will be so bad. Name 1 thing the government has ever ran that has worked.....efficiently

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I can tell you why obamacare will be so bad. Name 1 thing the government has ever ran that has worked.....efficiently

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    So are you saying we are better off dumping the military and going with pay as you go mercenaries?

So are you saying private enterprise is the only way to run anything efficiently?

If you started to work for the government, would you suddenly become inefficient at anything you did?
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Let's see, our roads, as palandri, had stated, our military, we had a good space program at one point....

Wait, how is the government running health care again? The Obamacare website gives you links to PRIVATE insurance companies that cover you and per the new mandate they must take pre - existing conditions, must cover your college aged children, and cannot cancel your coverage when you really need it. Where exactly do you get that it's government run? I'm going to have to ask you to step away from the Faux News and to slowly hand over the red Kool aid that you're ODing on......we have some lovely people that can help you with your maladies....They're called independents....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    A895, palandri and msndrstood like this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    NSA.

*walks out*
    palandri and matthewmcquay like this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    It's obviously latin, but it's mostly nonsensical almost like it was strung through a few languages of Translate. Like one part seems to say, "welcome to our hotel - visitors, please do not push each other".
    Her site is still hacked: Squeal - Joni Ernst for Iowa It shows you how well she pays attention to it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    NSA.

*walks out*
    lol, that's one agency I wish wasn't as efficient at stealing our interwebz data. I've actually had decent experience with the TSA. Granted, I think half the time they're just going through the motions. And I can speak from experience as I have at least 15,000 frequent flyer miles in the past month alone. I wish I could say the USPS was efficient, but I've had trouble with mail lately, and they generally seem like an unmotivated bunch when I go to resolve some issues.
    palandri likes this.

Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Roads and military are 2 of the limited list of things the government should be responsible for and they aren't even ran efficiently.

Quit watching fox? I don't know how to make it more clear that I get my news from different sources. Maybe you should quit trying to lump everyone that disagrees with your political beliefs into your liberal talking points.

Why do all liberals take what you say and start putting words in your mouth? Example "So, you're basically saying that since you believe in the right to own guns, children should use them to kill each other with?" Or "you disagree with me so you shouldn't watch faux news ehhhhhh." Enough
Page 1 of 17 1234 ... LastLast