Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By Evilguppy
  • 3 Post By msndrstood
  • 3 Post By Evilguppy
  • 4 Post By GadgetGator
  • 1 Post By Darth Spock
  • 1 Post By Darth Spock
  • 1 Post By Darth Spock
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voting is now officially a farce

McCutcheon v. FEC: Supreme Court Strikes Down Overall Limits On Campaign Contributions

When you have the top 1% buying the politicians on one side and the little brother counting the votes as a back up, what makes you think that voting makes one iota of difference whatsoever, anymore?
    Thanked by 2:
    palandri and msndrstood like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: Voting is now officially a farce

The death of democracy.

Hyperbole? I don't think so when you have the Republican hopefuls bowing at the Adelson altar, kissing the ring and auditioning for funding for a Presidential run. Money in Politics will quickly ruin this country, the foundation is already crumbling.

The right wing should be decrying this blatant buying of America rather than demonizing fellow Americans of different colors, races, orientations and beliefs. In their case though, the axiom, 'unite against a common enemy' unfortunately seems to mean your neighbor not another country.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    GadgetGator, A895 and Evilguppy like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    The death of democracy.

Hyperbole? I don't think so when you have the Republican hopefuls bowing at the Adelson altar, kissing the ring and auditioning for funding for a Presidential run. Money in Politics will quickly ruin this country, the foundation is already crumbling.

The right wing should be decrying this blatant buying of America rather than demonizing fellow Americans of different colors, races, orientations and beliefs. In their case though, the axiom, 'unite against a common enemy' unfortunately seems to mean your neighbor not another country.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    I agree. And don't forget poor. You can get by being just about any kind of minority in this country but DON'T BE POOR. Apparently that's a worse insult than molesting puppies on the white house front lawn while screaming "Death to all Americans".
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    I agree. And don't forget poor. You can get by being just about any kind of minority in this country but DON'T BE POOR. Apparently that's a worse insult than molesting puppies on the white house front lawn while screaming "Death to all Americans".
    And that's what this is all about really. A return to the Kings vs. the pheasants eras of the past. The only thing different is the look of the King's castles.

I really don't understand the destain the rich have for the poor. Who would mow their lawns and harvest their food if not for the poor?

Posted via Android Central App
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    6,425 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

People need to be aware of this and fighting back. Money out of politics.

Here's part of an e-mail I got yesterday afternoon:

Matt --

Last week the Vermont Senate passed our resolution calling for an amendments convention to propose a Free and Fair Elections Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The vote in favor was a bipartisan landslide: 25 voted yes and only 2 opposed.

The amazing thing about Vermont is that we were first told that we had a “zero percent” chance of even getting a vote this year. When I first heard that even I was a little disheartened, but we worked hard every day to get a vote, to earn the support of more Senators, and win the final vote. With your support, we can do the same across the country and win this fight nationwide.
    In Vermont, some of our most powerful opponents became our greatest allies just by sitting down and talking with them. After making the argument for an amendments convention and the necessity of getting private money out of public elections, the Senators in this state listened to us and agreed.
    Thanked by:
    GadgetGator likes this.

I am libertarian, and so I only vote for demonstrably libertarian-minded candidates. In practice, this means only voting for Libertarian candidates.

However, pardon me for saying so, but why are you folks only now crying over the death of democracy in this country? It's been dead for a long time.

This country has no real future. Nobody in enough quantity is willing to do anything to solve the problems which contribute to the U.S.'s malaise. People here seem to prefer having these problems persist so that, like the mindless, hegemonic and basically monolithic Republocrat Party, we have something to complain about and point the finger of blame at someone else over.

We persist in being so utterly egocentric and mindlessly patriotic that it is beyond irritating. Indeed, it is nauseating. But nobody basically cares, so nothing ever changes.

I'm not even bothering with the midterms since there is nobody I want running. I'll vote in the 2016, but doubtless it will not make a difference. After that, this country is on its own as far as I'm concerned.

Global Posts
    6,425 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    I am libertarian, and so I only vote for demonstrably libertarian-minded candidates. In practice, this means only voting for Libertarian candidates.

However, pardon me for saying so, but why are you folks only now crying over the death of democracy in this country? It's been dead for a long time.

This country has no real future. Nobody in enough quantity is willing to do anything to solve the problems which contribute to the U.S.'s malaise. People here seem to prefer having these problems persist so that, like the mindless, hegemonic and basically monolithic Republocrat Party, we have something to complain about and point the finger of blame at someone else over.

We persist in being so utterly egocentric and mindlessly patriotic that it is beyond irritating. Indeed, it is nauseating. But nobody basically cares, so nothing ever changes.

I'm not even bothering with the midterms since there is nobody I want running. I'll vote in the 2016, but doubtless it will not make a difference. After that, this country is on its own as far as I'm concerned.
    Not sure what you mean by just now. I've been working on money out if politics since the first scotus betrayal and have been consistently promoting it here for about a year or more.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    msndrstood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    Not sure what you mean by just now. I've been working on money out if politics since the first scotus betrayal and have been consistently promoting it here for about a year or more.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    I applaud your effort, but it will be a tough road with our economic structure of capitalism

Global Posts
    6,425 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I applaud your effort, but it will be a tough road with our economic structure of capitalism
    That's why my group and many others like it are going around the Congress and letting the states enforce their right to amend the Constitution without letting the Congress have input at all.
    palandri likes this.