Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blah blah blah and the Easter Bunny.

So anyone else hear about the Oregon "reporter" (I use the term loosely after his actions) that was called out on disrespecting a female Republican candidate by writing "blah blah blah" for her answer in his notes after one of her answers? Not only was the reporter unapologetic, but he insulted the other candidate that called him out by asking if he thought the Easter Bunny was a myth. The editor in chief then threw the candidate out of the meeting for being disrespectful.

'Blah blah blah' notes by Willamette Week reporter lead to candidate's ejection from endorsement interview | OregonLive.com

It sounds like this is a small time news outlet, but both the reporter and editor have won prestigious awards. Regardless of political bias or media size, you'd think they would handle themselves more professionally. Not just with the notes, but how they reacted when called out on it. I also saw a report that the paper issued a follow-up of sorts. I haven't read that one, but it apparently tries to defend the actions of the reporter and EiC.

Default Re: Blah blah blah and the Easter Bunny.

I laughed at that vid. Honestly if the candidate held himself and check and ignored it he would have been alright. But noooo he has to go off about words on a paper.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Blah blah blah and the Easter Bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I laughed at that vid. Honestly if the candidate held himself and check and ignored it he would have been alright. But noooo he has to go off about words on a paper.
    So expecting a reporter to maintain his professionalism in the first place means nothing to you?

I agreed with one of the comments I saw on one of the news sites that ran the story. If the other candidates were worth anything, they all should have got up and left. I know I personally wouldn't want the endorsement of any news outlet that openly mocked people like that if I were running for office.