Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By anon8126715
  • 1 Post By anon8126715
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt
  • 1 Post By anon8126715
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims of Surveillance

Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims of Surveillance

The man who helped bring about the most significant leak in American intelligence history is to reveal names of US citizens targeted by their own government in what he promises will be the “biggest” revelation from nearly 2m classified files.

Glenn Greenwald, the journalist who received the trove of documents from Edward Snowden, a former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor, told The Sunday Times that Snowden’s legacy would be “shaped in large part” by this “finishing piece” still to come.
    Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims of Surveillance | RealClearPolitics
    Banned

Default Re: Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims of Surveillance

Will be interesting and revealing to find out who "big brother" is targeting. I remember reading an article in Playboy (yes I actually read the articles) that said the "Patriot Act" was targeting people in the mob and other entities that weren't necessarily terrorist related (at least in the definition as defined by 9/11 since I don't think I can argue that the mob isn't a type of terrorist organization).
    palandri likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am betting there's going to be some big surprises.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Tonight 5/28/2014, at 9:00PM on NBC, Brian Williams interviews Edward Snowden from Moscow. More is learned about his life as a spy for the CIA.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Tonight 5/28/2014, at 9:00PM on NBC, Brian Williams interviews Edward Snowden from Moscow. More is learned about his life as a spy for the CIA.
    lol, I read that about 2 hours ago. I sort of snickered at first because it sounds like he's really trying to be relevant again, but then I started wondering if there's a chance that he's telling the truth, what are the odds that he's revealing deeper secrets to the Russians? And now that he's portrayed himself as a spy to the Russians, what are the chances that they'll press him for information that he may or may not have?
    palandri likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    lol, I read that about 2 hours ago. I sort of snickered at first because it sounds like he's really trying to be relevant again, but then I started wondering if there's a chance that he's telling the truth, what are the odds that he's revealing deeper secrets to the Russians? And now that he's portrayed himself as a spy to the Russians, what are the chances that they'll press him for information that he may or may not have?
    I was hoping we'd hear more about these names that are going to be released by Glenn Greenwald, but I guess we'll have to wait for Glenn Greenwald to publish it. I am betting that list has a lot of politicians on it which will cause an uproar.
    Banned

I was hoping we'd hear more about these names that are going to be released by Glenn Greenwald, but I guess we'll have to wait for Glenn Greenwald to publish it. I am betting that list has a lot of politicians on it which will cause an uproar.

I'm sure tea partiers are waiting with baited breath to see if they made the list so the can feign outrage. I guess if I were Snowden, I'd go that route just to be a bigger thorn at Obama's side. The only reason I'd have a surveillance team watching the Tea Party is because I suspect the next John Wilkes Booth or Lee Harvey Oswald will try to come out of that camp.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    The only reason I'd have a surveillance team watching the Tea Party is because I suspect the next John Wilkes Booth or Lee Harvey Oswald will try to come out of that camp.
    Despite Tea Party protests being some of the most peaceful? Sure. I guess the only reason you wouldn't suspect one of the Occupy folks to be the most likely is because it's a Democrat in office. :rolleyes:

So who else here hopes they are on the list? *raises own hand*
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Despite Tea Party protests being some of the most peaceful? Sure. I guess the only reason you wouldn't suspect one of the Occupy folks to be the most likely is because it's a Democrat in office. :rolleyes:

So who else here hopes they are on the list? *raises own hand*
    If the occupy group were more organized, then I can see some of the members thinking the government is spying on them. The main reason I threw out the tea party is because they have the paranoia to believe that the government is out to seize their guns, and lets face it, they hate Obama worse than most other groups.

Oh yeah and they're overly sensitive, as you just demonstrated here...

If I were a member of the Tea Party, maybe... Actually, I think the government is spying on this very site.

See? Those shades make that smiley look awfully suspicious.
    rexxman likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    If I were a member of the Tea Party, maybe... Actually, I think the government is spying on this very site.

See? Those shades make that smiley look awfully suspicious.
    You need a coat to draw the NSA's ire.... Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims of Surveillance-secret.gif
    rexxman likes this.

Lol.
    rexxman likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

It was an interesting interview with Snowden.
    Banned

It was an interesting interview with Snowden.
    Did he talk about Magic Johnson? Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims of Surveillance-lol.gif