Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By NoYankees44
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 1 Post By anon8126715
  • 1 Post By anon8126715
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Protesters Have Not Forgiven Hillary Clinton for Iraq War

Hard-Core Antiwar Left Not Ready to Forgive Hillary Clinton -- National Journal (article link here)

During a protest on Monday, some activists said that they are not willing to forgive Hillary Clinton for her part in the Iraq War.

From the article:

"We're not going to forgive her, despite her best effort to whitewash her history," said Brian Becker, the executive director of the antiwar ANSWER Coalition, which formed in the run-up to the Iraq War. "We consider Hillary Clinton to be almost a part of the neoconservative establishment."
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Default Re: Protesters Have Not Forgiven Hillary Clinton for Iraq War

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    Hard-Core Antiwar Left Not Ready to Forgive Hillary Clinton -- National Journal (article link here)

During a protest on Monday, some activists said that they are not willing to forgive Hillary Clinton for her part in the Iraq War.

From the article:

"We're not going to forgive her, despite her best effort to whitewash her history," said Brian Becker, the executive director of the antiwar ANSWER Coalition, which formed in the run-up to the Iraq War. "We consider Hillary Clinton to be almost a part of the neoconservative establishment."
    I can't help wonder if this is really a leftist group or a right wing propaganda group trying to tie her name to the war in preparation for her possible future run for the White House. You might as well tie Jeb Bush to the Iraq war as far as I'm concerned. Kind of funny what a floundering political party will do to keep themselves in power.

I can't help wonder what other tactics the right wing will try considering the vacuum created by the tea party trying to prop up right wing candidates that are too far right for the country.

For the record, I don't know if I like the idea of Hillary Clinton in office. The only silver lining in her possible presidency is that at least under her husband, we had a budget surplus.

Carrier
    Viper

If Hilary wants the nomination, she needs to hide until the debate starts and avoid ANY press(especially bad press) until then. The political process for presidential elections is like water flowing over rocks. The more attention you have, the quicker you are worn down and destroyed. Going into the race as the "front runner" is usually very bad. Everyone(including your own party) will work to destroy you. Then by the time the nomination happens, someone else that had less attention in the beginning usually looks like a better option.

This "antiwar" group is just looking to get attention for their cause. Tearing down Hilary for her inconsistent record is just an easy target with guaranteed press.
    GadgetGator likes this.

Carrier
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    If Hilary wants the nomination, she needs to hide until the debate starts and avoid ANY press(especially bad press) until then. The political process for presidential elections is like water flowing over rocks. The more attention you have, the quicker you are worn down and destroyed. Going into the race as the "front runner" is usually very bad. Everyone(including your own party) will work to destroy you. Then by the time the nomination happens, someone else that had less attention in the beginning usually looks like a better option.

This "antiwar" group is just looking to get attention for their cause. Tearing down Hilary for her inconsistent record is just an easy target with guaranteed press.
    Does this apply to Ted Cruz too? Because he says something dumb just about everyday and I haven't heard anyone from his side of the aisle tell him to sit down and be quiet, yet.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Carrier
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Does this apply to Ted Cruz too? Because he says something dumb just about everyday and I haven't heard anyone from his side of the aisle tell him to sit down and be quiet, yet.

Reading comprehension is your friend! Do not neglect it.

Notice I never said anyone was telling here to do anything. I said she needed to lay low. My words. No one else's.

Ted Cruz will probably be unelectable by the time of the nomination just like Hilary probably will be. He is surrounded by too much controversy and has too much attention leading up to the primaries.

And the current king of stupid comments is Joe Biden. Unless you want a massive distraction, it is best to keep him away from any microphones.

Carrier
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Reading comprehension is your friend! Do not neglect it.

Notice I never said anyone was telling here to do anything. I said she needed to lay low. My words. No one else's.

Ted Cruz will probably be unelectable by the time of the nomination just like Hilary probably will be. He is surrounded by too much controversy and has too much attention leading up to the primaries.

And the current king of stupid comments is Joe Biden. Unless you want a massive distraction, it is best to keep him away from any microphones.
    Haha, reading comprehension...

No need for condescension.

rexxman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post

Peter King
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    For the record, I don't know if I like the idea of Hillary Clinton in office.
    Hillary Clinton hasn't officially announced that she is running for office yet, so it's not an issue for now. They only thing this protest is affecting is probably her legacy.

Do you think Hillary Clinton made the right decision in voting for the Iraq War?
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

I would consider his comments more gaffes than actual "stupid" comments. To me what constitutes a stupid comment is when someone from a certain party insists something like when a woman is raped, her body can shut down the fertilization process, or when a politician insists that female healthcare shouldn't be covered by healthcare insurance companies.

On the left, yes. But he has a counterpart on the right for foot in mouth disease in the form of Rick Perry.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

I still don't know who the right is going to prop up as their candidate in 2016. I'm thankful that the tea party nuts have turned the GOP primaries into a "Lets try to force the most right wing candidate through to the primaries so he can lose in the general election" circus. And yes I said "he", because there is no way the GOP finds an authentic female candidate to run in 2016.
    A895 likes this.

Carrier
    Viper

I still don't know who the right is going to prop up as their candidate in 2016. I'm thankful that the tea party nuts have turned the GOP primaries into a "Lets try to force the most right wing candidate through to the primaries so he can lose in the general election" circus. And yes I said "he", because there is no way the GOP finds an authentic female candidate to run in 2016.
    I hesitate to even ask this question, but what in your opinion defines an "authentic female candidate"?
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

I hesitate to even ask this question, but what in your opinion defines an "authentic female candidate"?
    One that doesn't seem like just a figure head (and by figure head, I mean mostly air-head). Sarah Palin doesn't seem like a true contender (for President NOR Vice President), Michele Bachmann also doesn't seem viable as a candidate. I can't think of any other real legitimate contenders on the GOP's side. I liken Elizabeth Warren's chances at becoming President (and actually welcome it) more than I see Sarah or Michele. As a matter of fact, I would love to see Elizabeth Warren debate any female the GOP thinks is worthy of a nomination. I would pay for it on Pay-Per-View even.
    msndrstood likes this.

They are so desperate they actually are trying to get Romney to have a third go at it now. That's pretty sad

Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    They are so desperate they actually are trying to get Romney to have a third go at it now. That's pretty sad

And all Romney's competitor would have to do is play that sound byte of him insisting that corporations are people too and show how the "person" Exxon isn't in jail for the Exxon Valdez oil spill, or how the "person" "General Motors" went on a serial-killer-esque killing spree and isn't in prison....
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I can't help wonder if this is really a leftist group or a right wing propaganda group trying to tie her name to the war in preparation for her possible future run for the White House.
    From what I can tell, the ANSWER Coalition appears to be against war in general. So they will protest against anyone (Republican, Democrat, or independent) who votes in favor of war.

Hillary Clinton is a target because she favors aggressive action. She has a reputation for being a hawk. The ANSWER Coalition believes that she only changed her mind about the Iraq War for political reasons, not because she really had a change of heart. Therefore, they believe she is dangerous, and they don't want to see her as president.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    From what I can tell, the ANSWER Coalition appears to be against war in general. So they will protest against anyone (Republican, Democrat, or independent) who votes in favor of war.

Hillary Clinton is a target because she favors aggressive action. She has a reputation for being a hawk. The ANSWER Coalition believes that she only changed her mind about the Iraq War for political reasons, not because she really had a change of heart. Therefore, they believe she is dangerous, and they don't want to see her as president.
    That's what some people are saying about her views on gay and lesbian equality. Kind of funny how fast politicians change their tune for political gain. Hard to imagine someone that looked like they did below can turn into someone like her, even though I still think she's a better alternative than anyone the GOP can prop up in 2 years....oh god it's 2 years away....

Protesters Have Not Forgiven Hillary Clinton for Iraq War-bill_hillary_rect-460x307.jpg

One that doesn't seem like just a figure head (and by figure head, I mean mostly air-head). Sarah Palin doesn't seem like a true contender (for President NOR Vice President), Michele Bachmann also doesn't seem viable as a candidate. I can't think of any other real legitimate contenders on the GOP's side. I liken Elizabeth Warren's chances at becoming President (and actually welcome it) more than I see Sarah or Michele. As a matter of fact, I would love to see Elizabeth Warren debate any female the GOP thinks is worthy of a nomination. I would pay for it on Pay-Per-View even.
    Just throwing a name out there... Condoleezza Rice? I suppose I'm the only person in the South who wants to see her on a ticket for President or Vice President. I realize that there is no chance of her running, but I would love it.

When it comes down to it though, with the Tea Party pushing a ridiculous agenda, if the Republican party runs with Rand Paul, I'll vote for Hillary out of spite. I say that as a Moderate Republican (Fiscal issues- Conservative, social issues - Moderate)

Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmcquay View Post
    Just throwing a name out there... Condoleezza Rice? I suppose I'm the only person in the South who wants to see her on a ticket for President or Vice President. I realize that there is no chance of her running, but I would love it.

When it comes down to it though, with the Tea Party pushing a ridiculous agenda, if the Republican party runs with Rand Paul, I'll vote for Hillary out of spite. I say that as a Moderate Republican (Fiscal issues- Conservative, social issues - Moderate)

I can see the GOP trying to prop up Rice to siphon black and female voters and have their real candidate win, divide and conquer alive and still kicking. I think she would face too much scrutiny for WMDs that weren't there. What I love seeing in the GOP Primaries is how the tea party has taken the party so far right that it turns off the general public.