Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TXGTOU
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Refusal Blood Test

This whole mouth swab, no refusal blood test legislation is getting crazy. Strapping someone down to a gurney who refuses a blood test is insanity. The Bill of Rights were written for a reason.

Refuse an alcohol breath test July 4? Expect to give blood | Local & Regional News | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13

DUI suspects face forced blood draws in some Ga. counties - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

Default Re: No Refusal Blood Test

What surprised me was the quote in the first article from the ACLU in support of this farce. The one, and only way I'd be remotely ok with these plans is if the warrants were issued with reasonable and articulable suspicion. I.e. poor driving and failing a sobriety test. My fear is that either the officers will make bogus claims to get the warrant, like saying someone failed the sobriety test when they didn't, and judges too quick to issue the warrants without question.

Also
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So some one refused a blood test and gets strapped down to a gurney and has blood drawn. The blood test comes back negative, now what do you do? or the test comes back at .08 and it's a first timer, so he gets a weekend in jail. All that for a weekend in jail? That's insane.

They'd be better off suspending their license for 5 years or 10 years or whatever if they refuse the test, but we can't be strapping people down to a gurney for refusing a blood test.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    They'd be better off suspending their license for 5 years or 10 years or whatever if they refuse the test, but we can't be strapping people down to a gurney for refusing a blood test.
    Now that you mention it, I have heard where some municipalities do stuff like that. I think the most popular version is they punish a refusal just as harsh as if you blew way over on a breathalyzer, which can include license suspensions.

This is the state we live in. It makes you want to drive just erratic enough on the roads to get pulled over, refuse the test, get hauled in for a blood test, have it turn up negative then sue the municipal.
    msndrstood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    So some one refused a blood test and gets strapped down to a gurney and has blood drawn. The blood test comes back negative, now what do you do? or the test comes back at .08 and it's a first timer, so he gets a weekend in jail. All that for a weekend in jail? That's insane.

They do both. Many states have the have an automatic lost of dl if you refuse. That punishment hits the second you say no.
    They get the warrant and draw blood. First time offense still carries a high punishment and if they went threw warrant you will get hit on the side closer to the max.
    If you are under the limit well you still have lost your dl and will be issued a ticket for a dui.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.