Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Timelessblur
  • 1 Post By SteveISU
  • 1 Post By anon8126715
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 4 Post By anon8126715
  • 1 Post By nolittdroid
  • 1 Post By A895
  • 1 Post By anon8126715
  • 1 Post By phonejunky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Analysis: Over Half of All Statements Made on Fox News Are False

– Analysis: Over Half of All Statements Made on Fox News Are False

A new analysis by PunditFact found that of every statement made by a Fox News host or guest, over half of them were flat-out false. What’s more, only a measly 8% could be considered completely “true.”

In other words, a fancy review of hundreds of hours of video confirmed what many who watch Fox News with any regularity already know: Fox News lies. A lot. Like all the time.

Which isn’t to say that exposing Fox News’ irresponsible journalism isn’t an admirable goal. Despite its blatant spin doctoring, Fox still captivates a large portion of the news watching audience. On a near nightly basis, Fox News programs like “The O’Reilly Factor” and “The Kelly File” crush the competition. Given what we know about how poorly Fox informs its viewers, that paints a pretty grim picture for the millions who consume it
    Fox was the worse by a healthy margin. MSNBC was 2nd worse. Hence the reason I toss both of them.

Not that this should surprise many. Fox news lies and is known as Fake News for a reason.... Sad part is people will still defend fox as the most truthful...

source of info the article pulled from http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...s-tv-networks/
    palandri likes this.

Default Re: Analysis: Over Half of All Statements Made on Fox News Are False

There are next to zero reliable sources for news because everyone has a political agenda. Unbiased journalism and reporting of facts is dead. With that said, most of the cable news networks mainly cover politics which we all know is one BS statement after another coming out of Washington. Then everyone puts their spin on it, Washington puts it's spin on it, ect.
    Scott7217 likes this.

The Associated Press is, sometimes, fair. We use the AP for our newsbreak at the radio station I work at, and often, the news is fair. On occasion you will have someone try to spin a story to a particular side (seems to be to the left), and you have to remove or add information to attempt to balance it.

A good example would be on one Saturday (when there isn't as much scrutiny going on) a few months back, I was preparing for the news, and saw a story talking about ACA sign ups in Alabama. The story was spun (by phrasing) in a light to make the sign ups seem like a huge number. When in actually, out of around 5 million people, less than 100k had signed up.

For much of my news, I attempt to turn to out of country sources like the BBC. However, I do try to split time between Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, and CBS as equally as possible.

Balanced and informed information does not come from just one source.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

for me I start off with just avoiding the worse 2 offenders (Fake news and MSNBC)
    Fox gets tossed completely and I refuse to even waste my time looking at it. MSNBC worse case is it will cause me to google more but I toss them as a source and as a rule I tend to avoid them.

For me I tend to use NPR as a good base. They tend to honestly avoid the political BS or they just report the facts with out the spin. I also give them credit for honestly getting people from both sides on the show mix with host that will shut down if someone attempts to go way to political no matter which side I have heard them shut down the person making it clear that political spin is not welcomed.

That being said I honestly tend to like their non political shows the best. That being market place, car guys, and often times when they are talking with an author. Example of one is the author of a Book titled The Art of making Money. The Art of Making Money: The Story of a Master Counterfeiter: Jason Kersten: 9781592405572: Amazon.com: Books a true crime book about counterfeiting money and the art and science behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Fox was the worse by a healthy margin. MSNBC was 2nd worse. Hence the reason I toss both of them.
    Well, Fox and MSNBC are on cable TV, so you need to subscribe to a cable package to get them. With more and more people cutting the cord, both networks stand to lose a lot of revenue every year. They probably need to make up for it in advertising. People could be supporting them by purchasing products from their sponsors.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    for me I start off with just avoiding the worse 2 offenders (Fake news and MSNBC)
    Fox gets tossed completely and I refuse to even waste my time looking at it. MSNBC worse case is it will cause me to google more but I toss them as a source and as a rule I tend to avoid them.

For me I tend to use NPR as a good base. They tend to honestly avoid the political BS or they just report the facts with out the spin. I also give them credit for honestly getting people from both sides on the show mix with host that will shut down if someone attempts to go way to political no matter which side I have heard them shut down the person making it clear that political spin is not welcomed.

That being said I honestly tend to like their non political shows the best. That being market place, car guys, and often times when they are talking with an author. Example of one is the author of a Book titled The Art of making Money. The Art of Making Money: The Story of a Master Counterfeiter: Jason Kersten: 9781592405572: Amazon.com: Books a true crime book about counterfeiting money and the art and science behind it.
    NPR does a decent job at just reporting the news. The problem is that they tend to deliver it in a very dry manner and thus don't pull in the ratings. I remember a few years ago when the GOP was trying to defund NPR because their reporting wasn't favorable to their party.
    nolittdroid likes this.

Personally I don't trust any news station. They all have their agenda.

Banned

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I am confused. If you can't put anything that isn't true on TV, and you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true, what am I to believe?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,732 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Someone needs to check the "fact-checkers".

Carrier
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Jon Stewart and The Daily Show for the win!
    palandri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    Personally I don't trust any news station. They all have their agenda.

So then what unbiased source do you get information from then?

I call BS. The very first line in this story is a lie itself.
    A new analysis by PunditFact found that of every statement made by a Fox News host or guest, over half of them were flat-out false. What’s more, only a measly 8% could be considered completely “true.”
    Then, you read down to a statement from the writers of PunditFact who say:
    We use our news judgment to pick the facts we’re going to check, so we certainly don’t fact-check everything.
    So, how do we know if *% of everthing is false when not everything was checked? If you ready the source info at PolitiFact, they say that they only check facts that their readers question. That means that the facts they check are only the questionable statements made and the ones that are assumed to be factual and not questioned by readers are left unchecked.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

I heard a commercial on the radio earlier paid for by the Koch Brothers that was claiming Obama let a lot of veterans die via the VA scandal and they tied it somehow to Obamacare. They of course didn't mention the fact that veterans have been neglected by this country under the last 8 or 10 Presidents in a row.

What people fail to understand is that several decades ago we DID have a great country. We innovated, we sent a man into space, banks paid YOU to keep your money with them, we had a good education system. What has happened? Lets see, our wealth inequality has gone through the roof, more people are now categorized BELOW the poverty level than ever before, and employee retirements have all but eroded. And yet for some reason, you have rich people fund a candidate, and everyday American citizens that will back these politicians and insist that these politicians (backed by the wealthy) are going to turn this country around. They don't, and our country falls victim to yet more special interest groups.

Shocker haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    10,606 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Here are the top 10 worst news sources, based on credibility and lack of bias, in no particular order:

The Huffington Post
    CNN
    The New York times
    Fox News
    NBC News
    The WSJ
    ABC News
    BBC News
    USA Today
    Android Central Forums Politics Section

+ 100% of the less popular but just as biased sources, such as Mother Jones, The Nation, Townhall, NewsMax, Breitbart, etc, etc. If your favorite didn't make the list, don't worry, they suck too.

What about Al Jazeera?

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    palandri likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    What about Al Jazeera?

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    I've heard some people say that it's more balanced than it's given credit for. Granted, I'm betting the people that would insist it's not balanced are probably the same people that see the name and think, "Damn furnerz, Murica!!" What's funny is if you have access to news from other countries (especially countries that aren't having a bromance with the U.S.), how different they report the news. When we report on countries that we have ill favor towards, the media will address that country's leadership as a "regime", but other news media will say "leaders".

Having said that, I'm perfectly fine with other countries referring to our country's "leadership" under GWB as the "Bush Regime".
    palandri likes this.

Also alot of the "Breaking News" reports are not thoroughly checked out before being reported.
    It doesnt matter which is doing the reporting
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Also alot of the "Breaking News" reports are not thoroughly checked out before being reported.
    It doesnt matter which is doing the reporting
    What about the "breaking news" followed by "developing news"? One of my biggest pet peeves is when they report on a TV show that airs on their channel as if it's a news event. "And on Dancing with the Stars today, so and so was voted off....." yeah who cares....

Fox News is just terrible. Point blank and most no it. Tea Party members love Fox news for some reason lol.

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-iphone-...id-users-care/
    palandri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Jon Stewart and The Daily Show for the win!
    Chuckles....Seriously!?!
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen3 View Post
    Chuckles....Seriously!?!
    As opposed to what?